Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins over Cards postgame

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 AM   #16
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,546
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Outside of signing Cousins, our total focus should be finally building an effective running game.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #17
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 31
Posts: 21,403
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Outside of signing Cousins, our total focus should be finally building an effective running game.
Need some help on DL as well, have got to stop the run.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,937
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

I cant lie, was hoping we would lose .. but seeing how bad the D wanted it at the end, made me change my mind. Let the guys win out and have some feel good moments. They work hard, play hard, get the win.

Even if it was against a Gabbert led Cards team.
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #19
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 31
Posts: 21,403
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I cant lie, was hoping we would lose .. but seeing how bad the D wanted it at the end, made me change my mind. Let the guys win out and have some feel good moments. They work hard, play hard, get the win.

Even if it was against a Gabbert led Cards team.
Yeah I did too, but I never complain about a W. I think Denver will be tough because they run the ball so well.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #20
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,171
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I did too, but I never complain about a W. I think Denver will be tough because they run the ball so well.
Zack Brown should be back. Our ILB position has been a MASH unit, when Foster went to IR, stopping the run got worse.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #21
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 31
Posts: 21,403
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Zack Brown should be back. Our ILB position has been a MASH unit, when Foster went to IR, stopping the run got worse.
no doubt
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,537
Wink Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Run the ball, stop the run. Even in today's era, its still the most important thing on O/D. Besides maybe a S, all of our picks should be spent on upgrading the units needed for the run game/defense.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,872
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It means he's gonna put up 4 sacks over the next 2 games so he can get a nice free agency deal, because we aren't using him right.

I'll give him credit for the sack he had today but he hasn't done jack all year, he can get to steppin for all I care.

Also on the subject of gettin' to steppin', I agree with Chico, our special teams is hilariously bad. The 2nd half kickoff where 6+ guys totally forgot someone has to catch the ball was literally the worst special teams play I've seen by the Skins in years. A competent qb on the Cards side turns that into 7 and takes total control of the game there. We got lucky on that one. And we also got lucky on that call for leaping on the back of the Cards lineman. It pains me that we half ass all of our field goal blocks every time now, but to get penalized 15 yards on top of that for some absolute dumb shit is just adding insult to injury.
Did you forget about the time we tried to down a punt on the 10yrd line and ran it into the endzone?

Kotwika sucks but I blame Gruden for this shitshow.
Gruden picked his WR's and RB's but none of them contribute on special teams.
(For the record, I don't consider Crowders 30th ranked punt return average as a contribution to Teams)

You can't have a team where your 4th and 5th WR's don't play ST but we started the year with Grant and Quick as our 4th and 5th WRs.

Our backup corners(Dunbar and Moreau) are great on special teams coverage.

Talent evaluation on this team is horrible.
Vigils play makes me wonder why we kept Compton this year.

This team is crippled with slow players.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
Special Teams
 
hutch17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 221
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Yes. 4 games I think.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he was allowed to serve that this year while on IR
hutch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,546
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Did you forget about the time we tried to down a punt on the 10yrd line and ran it into the endzone?

Kotwika sucks but I blame Gruden for this shitshow.
Gruden picked his WR's and RB's but none of them contribute on special teams.
(For the record, I don't consider Crowders 30th ranked punt return average as a contribution to Teams)

You can't have a team where your 4th and 5th WR's don't play ST but we started the year with Grant and Quick as our 4th and 5th WRs.

Our backup corners(Dunbar and Moreau) are great on special teams coverage.

Talent evaluation on this team is horrible.
Vigils play makes me wonder why we kept Compton this year.


This team is crippled with slow players.
great point...I think Wil Compton is the Ryan Grant of the defense. These are Gruden's guys, the ones who constantly cant deliver. It wouldn't surprise me if both Ryan and Wil are on Jay's Family Christmas Card when its sent out....they are part of the family. Wil and Ryan Gruden
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 31
Posts: 21,403
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Ryan Grant is a tough SOB, yeah he's not a great player but that dude is fearless. I don't understand the hate
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #27
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,071
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
great point...I think Wil Compton is the Ryan Grant of the defense. These are Gruden's guys, the ones who constantly cant deliver. It wouldn't surprise me if both Ryan and Wil are on Jay's Family Christmas Card when its sent out....they are part of the family. Wil and Ryan Gruden
They're good back up and special teams players. They should never be full time starters. If we could put Compton's mental make up into Spaight's body we'd have Ray Lewis.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #28
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 983
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Yop Vigil is a really nice surprise.

With Foster, Allen, Ioannidis and Murphy back 100% our D could be pretty darn good next season.

Have to sign Zach Brown back, maybe transition to a 4-3, especially if it's a better way to use Ryan Anderson.

Fuller again had a solid game. Love corners making plays against the run!


Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,872
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
great point...I think Wil Compton is the Ryan Grant of the defense. These are Gruden's guys, the ones who constantly cant deliver. It wouldn't surprise me if both Ryan and Wil are on Jay's Family Christmas Card when its sent out....they are part of the family. Wil and Ryan Gruden
reminded me of this:
https://twitter.com/MccloughanScot/s...99012997742592
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 31
Posts: 21,403
Re: Redskins over Cards postgame

Fuller has been very good this yr, our CB's have really stepped it up mostly.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.13239 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25