Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #91
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 377
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kirk has played well against Philly in the past but we all know heís a slow starter
Isn't Coach Gruden the slow starter, isn't he 0-4 in openers for the Redskins?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #92
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,519
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Kirk usually takes a few games to settle down is all I was saying
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:44 PM   #93
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,809
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kirk usually takes a few games to settle down is all I was saying
yeah but now u watch, he will be on fire week 1 and win lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #94
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 10,920
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kirk usually takes a few games to settle down is all I was saying
This is absolutely true, he has shown a distinct tendency to make spaz throws and spaz decisions early in the season and in crunch moments late in the season.

I don't think he settles himself down real well. Early in the season you have all that build up, it takes a cool customer to chill out and make good throws. And then when playoff pressure ramps up - spaz city (Giants, ahem).

I don't think he's a big game guy. At least he has to prove that he is. Maybe he will.

Now keep in mind Philly probably won't have Wentz. But the point stands about Kirk being a first game spaz. He is what he is until he proves otherwise.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #95
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,333
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Of course the NFL had keep a part of the catch that keep creating controversy and protects the offense. 1 & 2 are all that is needed. #3 is stupid.
Go back to the old rule 1 & 2 only.


NFL teams unanimously approve simplified catch rule - NFL.com
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #96
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,373
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Of course the NFL had keep a part of the catch that keep creating controversy and protects the offense. 1 & 2 are all that is needed. #3 is stupid.
Go back to the old rule 1 & 2 only.


NFL teams unanimously approve simplified catch rule - NFL.com
I think it's about formulation.

IMHNNESO (FYI, this stands for: In My Humble Non-Native-English-Speaker Opinion) once you have the concept of "control of the ball", you must define a time element.

Because how would you precisely define controlling the ball other than having the ball NOT moving... for a given period of time ?

So the final part simply is a way to phrase that time element without the word "time", so it looks less subjective...

All there's to remember is that they got rid of the "surviving the ground" part, which created so much controversy.

I think it might take a few weeks before the rule is consistently applied the same way, but I feel like it's a step in the direction of closing the gap between the rule and how people think it should be.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #97
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,519
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Watching ESPN I canít help but think whatís up with this sneakers with a suit look?

I donít understand going through the trouble of putting on a nice suit only to wear sneakers. Just sloppy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:11 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,333
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think it's about formulation.

IMHNNESO (FYI, this stands for: In My Humble Non-Native-English-Speaker Opinion) once you have the concept of "control of the ball", you must define a time element.

Because how would you precisely define controlling the ball other than having the ball NOT moving... for a given period of time ?

So the final part simply is a way to phrase that time element without the word "time", so it looks less subjective...

All there's to remember is that they got rid of the "surviving the ground" part, which created so much controversy.


I think it might take a few weeks before the rule is consistently applied the same way, but I feel like it's a step in the direction of closing the gap between the rule and how people think it should be.
However the old rule is ok on the sideline, when the receiver catches the ball near the out of bounds, catches the ball, gets two feet down and gets pushed out of bounds or his momentum forces him out of bounds. That is still ok. No need to make a third move. Why? Because it helps the offense.
How about the new rule for tackling. Really bad.
They have never and will never throw a flag for a ball carrier or offensive player that lowers their head and initiates contact. This only get applied defensive players.
Player lowering head to inflict contact now subject to 15-yard penalty and possible ejection | National | oleantimesherald.com
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:16 AM   #99
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,373
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
However the old rule is ok on the sideline, when the receiver catches the ball near the out of bounds, catches the ball, gets two feet down and gets pushed out of bounds or his momentum forces him out of bounds. That is still ok. No need to make a third move. Why? Because it helps the offense.
How about the new rule for tackling. Really bad.
They have never and will never throw a flag for a ball carrier or offensive player that lowers their head and initiates contact. This only get applied defensive players.
Player lowering head to inflict contact now subject to 15-yard penalty and possible ejection | National | oleantimesherald.com
Overall I do think the new rule is meant to call more catches, so yeah, it will help the offense a bit.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #100
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,303
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Pretty much on every tackle a defender has to lower his head. This is just another example of the NFL owners not being able to get out of their own way. I guess what they're saying is a defender has to stay tall to make a tackle. It's so stupid and going to confuse the refs even more than they're already confused.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #101
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,809
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Watching ESPN I canít help but think whatís up with this sneakers with a suit look?

I donít understand going through the trouble of putting on a nice suit only to wear sneakers. Just sloppy.
Yeah I have also wondered how they can get away with that look, but I guess ESPN is just very laid back now a days. I couldn't wear Nikes with a suit
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #102
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,333
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Pretty much on every tackle a defender has to lower his head. This is just another example of the NFL owners not being able to get out of their own way. I guess what they're saying is a defender has to stay tall to make a tackle. It's so stupid and going to confuse the refs even more than they're already confused.
...it's is safer for a tackler to go in with his head up than to lead with his head .The rule will keep both players safe .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #103
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,373
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
...it's is safer for a tackler to go in with his head up than to lead with his head .The rule will keep both players safe .
Agreed.
Good tackling technique is bend your knees to go down but keep your upper body straight up.
Doesn't the NFL have a youth coaching program called "Heads up football"?

Ryan Shazier injured his spine because he lowered his head. I like this rule. I don't like watching guys get concussed, football is way richer than that.

Envoyť de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #104
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,125
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

The real interesting part of lowering the head rule will be the first time it's called on a qb running a sneak into the line for 1 yard.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:18 AM   #105
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,809
Re: NFL ratings, TV deals, Jersey sales, Rule changes, Expansion, etc

Heads up football doesn't mean "NO HITTING" like many fans are saying, yes some plays are hard to call while live action is going on and defenders are in a tough spot but the whole "The nfl wants to take hitting away" is just false.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16296 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25