Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #226
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 15,981
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I accept your argument. Please support your thesis with multiple examples, i.e. don't point to Brady (aka the GOAT) and use him as the sole example of modern trends supporting your argument.
Drew Brees is 39. Favre was beat to hell and played till how old? Philip rivers, and Eli are 36 or 37 and will go a few more years.
Same with big Ben.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 PM   #227
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,231
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Are they all putting up the same or better stats they were 5 years ago?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #228
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,455
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
George was one of the most physically gifted throwers in NFL history. Put his arm talent up against anyone who's ever played the position. His release was every bit as good as Marino's, if not better. Where George failed miserably was from the neck up.
Had to reply to this. +10 ^^^^^

George had the absolute strongest arm EVER in the NFL, even in today's era where you had guys that had crazy arms like Jamarcus, Matt Stafford, Cutler, etc..

There's no shortage of players to tell you how hard Jeff George threw the ball, it was like an absolute rifle. And his arm strength never dipped with age, go check out the youtube video of his open workout from around 2010 or so. I think by that time George was about 40 and was still throwing 65 & 70 yard deep passes and making it look easy.

But as you said - if only he had the million dollar brain to go along with his arm. He would have been the best of all time, no question about it with his arm ability.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #229
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,130
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are they all putting up the same or better stats they were 5 years ago?


Wait I'm not understanding here are we looking at "stats"or QB's that can win big games when it counts.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #230
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,231
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Wait I'm not understanding here are we looking at "stats"or QB's that can win big games when it counts.
Define big games when it counts? Eli Manning is a great example, a two time SB winner who has had plenty of clutch games and moments (including twice on the biggest stage) yet has wasted his last 6 years because the team surrounded him with subpar talent.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #231
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,130
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Define big games when it counts? Eli Manning is a great example, a two time SB winner who has had plenty of clutch games and moments (including twice on the biggest stage) yet has wasted his last 6 years because the team surrounded him with subpar talent.
Exactly my point ,so why should the stats matter as much,I thought Championships ...Super Bowls are what matter? Rivers is a great example plenty of stats but no Super Bowl,think he would trade ,I do.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #232
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,770
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are they all putting up the same or better stats they were 5 years ago?
Rivers and Ben are better today
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #233
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,130
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rivers and Ben are better today
As is Brees but as someone else pointed out look at the talent they get to work with.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #234
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 15,981
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Part of the discussion, if this is still referencing AS's age is that his contract and extension is team friendly enough to let us put pieces around him and on the defense. There is no reason, with our oline, that he shouldn't stay healthy for the next 4-5 years barring a freak injury or wild hit.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #235
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,431
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rivers and Ben are better today

Id take both of them a few years ago vs now, theyre still good but past peak
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #236
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,144
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Joe Theesmann just went on the radio and said "it would have been a big nut to swallow."



I know you guys are ready to stop talking about KC and wait for 31 qb's to outperform him in 2018, but I for one am excited to peruse his post-signing press conference to see if there's any hidden barbs about the Redskins in it. IE "I'm glad to be in a place that wants me" or etc.
Gotta get Theismann in the Monday Night booth to drop lines like these...Did anybody stop to Michael Scott the line after he drop this gem?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:01 AM   #237
Camp Scrub
 
bigdaddy2348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Swedesboro NJ
Posts: 98
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
Cousins was one of the best signal callers for The Skins in decades. Hope things work out for him with The Vikings; they got a hail of a quarterback!
Yeah until he played a prime time game or until Redskins really needed a win to stay alive. Or even worse when they played a cruical division game especially when they played Dallas.
bigdaddy2348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #238
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,770
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy2348 View Post
Yeah until he played a prime time game or until Redskins really needed a win to stay alive. Or even worse when they played a cruical division game especially when they played Dallas.
Kirk was great in the first 3 Qtrs, then the 4th came. Other than that Tampa game which was against a bad team, he didn't rally us from behind much. The ATL OT game was bad, all of those Giants games were bad.. And yes u made the best point of them all DALLAS, he couldn't beat them.. (JAY AS WELL). When I saw Kirk's overall record against the Giants and Boys I was ok with moving on.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #239
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,431
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

As we know we owned prime time before Kirk, thankfully we can get back to that now that hes gone. We should also dominate the division again.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #240
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,770
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ziBV7kRGfj8

This is pretty cool
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19229 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25