Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,526
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Of course, there's also the matter of Bruce Allen calling Cousins "Curt" for the entire time Kirk was here. If my employer did that to me, it would tend to make me feel disrespected.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #17
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,007
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course, there's also the matter of Bruce Allen calling Cousins "Curt" for the entire time Kirk was here. If my employer did that to me, it would tend to make me feel disrespected.
Yeah, Allen is definitely a dickfuck, and that's one of the number one examples.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 15,982
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course, there's also the matter of Bruce Allen calling Cousins "Curt" for the entire time Kirk was here. If my employer did that to me, it would tend to make me feel disrespected.
I think he did that once, and basically after KC said he wasn't going to negotiate.

no one defends the FO on this, but KC had every opportunity to be the qb for the Skins Fans and Skins team and he didn't step up to it.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #19
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 10,904
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Yeah, Allen is definitely a dickfuck, and that's one of the number one examples.
I prefer the term slapdick.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #20
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 10,904
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Kirk, it's been real, but...

__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
Bigreds77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 209
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

He is a good QB but we cannot afford to spend the ranch on him. I was hoping he went to the Browns so I can still root for him.
Bigreds77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,635
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Kirk, it's been real, but...

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #23
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 18,882
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread



Bruce Allen.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #24
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,291
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Best QB we've had in a while but good riddance. You made a lot of money here, had your party w/ the fans after the season, put on a phony smile all while knowing you were leaving. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
Kope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 356
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Good ridance. Self serving douce. Football is a team game. Players on kurts team said he was in it for himself. We will never win a championship with players who care more about themselves than winning. A locker room united is more important than stats and plyer ratings. The skins management did enough to keep kurt happy if he was mature enough to be a professional. BTW several players on alex smith's team lamented his loss. Welcome alex. We will win more games next year.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #26
Keep the Faith

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,950
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

It's a shame that it had to end like this. Only the Skins could F up a good situation so badly.

Bruce Allen...often wrong but never in doubt...tried to bully you off the poker table with his pocket 3s. But you were patient and in the end you took his entire stack.

Best of luck Kirk, I'll be cheering for you.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,131
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
It's a shame that it had to end like this. Only the Skins could F up a good situation so badly.

Bruce Allen...often wrong but never in doubt...tried to bully you off the poker table with his pocket 3s. But you were patient and in the end you took his entire stack.

Best of luck Kirk, I'll be cheering for you.
Well said!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #28
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,231
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

I'm seeing a lot of bitterness in this thread, but I guess that's the way ugly divorces go.

For me, 24-0 Bucs will be one of my favorite highlights of watching the Redskins, and we have Kirk to thank for that. Did he bring us back to dominance? No, but he's the first Redskins quarterback in 25 years to bring us back to respectability. If you want to give Gruden/Allen the credit for that, do it. As much as Kirk owes his "success" (air-quotes because half of you act like Kirk was an overrated bum) to Gruden/McVay/etc., they owe equal credit to him, for having some success on the field. Team sport gents.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:59 PM   #29
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 10,904
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm seeing a lot of bitterness in this thread, but I guess that's the way ugly divorces go.

For me, 24-0 Bucs will be one of my favorite highlights of watching the Redskins, and we have Kirk to thank for that. Did he bring us back to dominance? No, but he's the first Redskins quarterback in 25 years to bring us back to respectability. If you want to give Gruden/Allen the credit for that, do it. As much as Kirk owes his "success" (air-quotes because half of you act like Kirk was an overrated bum) to Gruden/McVay/etc., they owe equal credit to him, for having some success on the field. Team sport gents.
True. All I think we are saying though is there are a good 15 QBs in the league they could have done the same or better with.

I mean look at what McVay did with Goff.

Kirk was good. But Im not sure were any worse today, and after free agency I think well be better.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #30
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,198
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
True. All I think we are saying though is there are a good 15 QBs in the league they could have done the same or better with.

I mean look at what McVay did with Goff.

Kirk was good. But Im not sure were any worse today, and after free agency I think well be better.
That's my stance. I would've been happy if the 'skins were able to sign Cousins to a long term deal. I loved Kirk Cousins. I loved what he brought to the team. But, he's not the elite quarterback the sports world is trying to make him out to be. I'm hearing things like, "Kirk Cousins will take a last place team and turn them into a first place team. Kirk Cousins will take a mediocre team and turn them into a Super Bowl team." There's been absolutely no evidence of that. Kirk has made the 'skins a better team, but he's not turned them into a playoff contending team nor a Super Bowl team. He requires a stacked team, he's not Tom Brady.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15692 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25