Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #76
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,802
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Kirk Cousins has a film crew documenting his free agency experience – ProFootballTalk

Ok this is a little much now.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #77
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,498
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post


All in for week one part II
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #78
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,802
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
All in for week one part II
lol yep
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #79
Special Teams
 
Dan73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 258
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

I am really glad this guy is gone.

According to ESPN.com's*Adam Schefter, Cousins' idea is somewhat similar to the*Tom vs. Time*documentary that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady put together.

Schefter added that along with Cousins deciding between signing with the Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals or New York Jets, the footage will show what he goes through in everyday life.

"We are opening up our home to allow a behind-the-scenes look into what really transpires before the contract number scrolls across the bottom line of ESPN," Cousins said on Monday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ys-tom-vs-time

Both qbs from 2012 were look at me divas.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #80
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,802
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post
I am really glad this guy is gone.

According to ESPN.com's*Adam Schefter, Cousins' idea is somewhat similar to the*Tom vs. Time*documentary that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady put together.

Schefter added that along with Cousins deciding between signing with the Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals or New York Jets, the footage will show what he goes through in everyday life.

"We are opening up our home to allow a behind-the-scenes look into what really transpires before the contract number scrolls across the bottom line of ESPN," Cousins said on Monday.

Kirk Cousins Filming Free-Agent Version of Tom Brady's 'Tom vs. Time' | Bleacher Report

Both qbs from 2012 were look at me divas.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

It is starting to look that way, no argument from me on that stand point.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #81
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,639
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I find it crazy that this organization screwed up the chance to have a franchise QB that is hasn't had in 30 years. And to say Cousins was the issue is wearing burgundy and gold shades. The guy never complained, played under the tag two years, never questioned the front office openly, never questioned anything. They had a chance to put this guy under contract and sorry ass Bruce wanted to see more. So he put up big #'s again, but yet again it wasn't good enough - wanted to see more. Scott and Jay both wanted to wrap him up 3 years ago and to be honest, I'd trust anything Scott and Jay say regarding football talent over bruce 100 times out of 100. Then they offer him a crap contract and publicly go out to make Kirk (kurt) to be the bad guy by not accepting the deal. All the while all the NFL guys were saying to us on the outside it was a lot of money. But those in the NFL said it was an absolutely horrible contract, with actual less money in year 2 than one and less money than the transition tag money.

And this year was supposed to be his DOWN year. I truly believe that Bruce tried to field subpar talent at the skill WR position to ultimately use that again Kirk in negotiating his contract. hoping his #'s would be way down than the previous two, saying he doesn't deserve top dollar. but that ultimately failed - BIG TIME. This year - with the talentless WR position, the lack of a running game (again) and the constant shuffling of the Oline - kirk went out and played his best season (in my opinion).

who would want to sign a long term contract with an organization that hasn't believed in your since you went under center. an organization that stands in front of the public and tries to smear you as a person or only out for the money, an organization that takes 2 1000 yard receivers away from an offense in hopes of you putting up less than average numbers to use that against you in negotiations. Who was never satisfied with what you did on the field.
We do have a franchise QB, his name is Alex Smith.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #82
Special Teams
 
Dan73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 258
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I find it crazy that this organization screwed up the chance to have a franchise QB that is hasn't had in 30 years. And to say Cousins was the issue is wearing burgundy and gold shades. The guy never complained, played under the tag two years, never questioned the front office openly, never questioned anything. They had a chance to put this guy under contract and sorry ass Bruce wanted to see more. So he put up big #'s again, but yet again it wasn't good enough - wanted to see more. Scott and Jay both wanted to wrap him up 3 years ago and to be honest, I'd trust anything Scott and Jay say regarding football talent over bruce 100 times out of 100. Then they offer him a crap contract and publicly go out to make Kirk (kurt) to be the bad guy by not accepting the deal. All the while all the NFL guys were saying to us on the outside it was a lot of money. But those in the NFL said it was an absolutely horrible contract, with actual less money in year 2 than one and less money than the transition tag money.

And this year was supposed to be his DOWN year. I truly believe that Bruce tried to field subpar talent at the skill WR position to ultimately use that again Kirk in negotiating his contract. hoping his #'s would be way down than the previous two, saying he doesn't deserve top dollar. but that ultimately failed - BIG TIME. This year - with the talentless WR position, the lack of a running game (again) and the constant shuffling of the Oline - kirk went out and played his best season (in my opinion).

who would want to sign a long term contract with an organization that hasn't believed in your since you went under center. an organization that stands in front of the public and tries to smear you as a person or only out for the money, an organization that takes 2 1000 yard receivers away from an offense in hopes of you putting up less than average numbers to use that against you in negotiations. Who was never satisfied with what you did on the field.
Franchise quarterback means you want to see to see the franchise win. The coaches and gm did not see that in the Skins previous quarterback.

Now the Skins seem to have a franchise quarterback .

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #83
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 10,918
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Have any of you seen your ex out with another dude? That's kind a how this feels. lol. This was a drafted guy who earned it the hard way. And even though I feel Cousins is partly to blame, it still feels strange. Right now I have zero attachment to Alex Smith. I'm sure that will change at some point. We all get some kind of attachment to our players. I think the worst for me was seeing Art Monk wear an Eagles uniform. That should have never ever happened. I want Kirk to do well but then there's part of me that wants him to fall flat on his face.
This may help with attachment to Alex. Give it a read, and love the one you're with.

Quote:
So thank you, Kansas City. You will forever be a huge part of who I am as a quarterback and as a man.

And Washington?

Letís build something great together.

HTTR!
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/al...ins-thank-you/
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #84
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,082
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Kirk Cousins plans to sign a three-year, fully-guaranteed contract from the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, sources tell ESPN.
Can we be done and lock this thread now.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #85
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,498
Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Damn I thought his market was drying up and he was heading to the XFL for a vet min deal?

Reports say 3 years $84m fully guaranteed, not bad at all
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #86
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,799
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post
Franchise quarterback means you want to see to see the franchise win. The coaches and gm did not see that in the Skins previous quarterback.

Now the Skins seem to have a franchise quarterback .

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

they are the same QB's....
to say one is better than the other at this point isn't valid point. Only difference is Kirk is 5 years younger. numbers wise they are pretty similar.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #87
Special Teams
 
Kope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 356
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

There is a huge difference between being a team first guy and saying all the right things in the media to sound like a team first guy. The players in the locker room will be able to identify in about 5 min.

Football is arguably the most team oriented sport (rugby and hockey). The most important fundamental ingredient to having a good team is having players that are unselfishly committed to the team. If the locker room is tight, the team will win more often than not given roughly equal talent. I would argue that the actual athletic difference in the NFL is really very small.

Joe Theisman, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams were no where near great QBs. Neil Olkewiczs, Doc Walker, Donny Warren, Monte Colman, Rich Milot, Mel Kaufman, and a host of others were not the greatest athletes but they were multiple champions.

After reading his good by letter, I would say our incoming QB is a massive upgrade in the locker room.

We are going to win more games this year.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #88
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,009
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Damn I thought his market was drying up and he was heading to the XFL for a vet min deal?

Reports say 3 years $84m fully guaranteed, not bad at all
Would you have wanted the skins to do that deal? No f-ing way IMO.84 million fully guaranteed?!
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #89
Special Teams
 
Dan73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 258
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
they are the same QB's....
to say one is better than the other at this point isn't valid point. Only difference is Kirk is 5 years younger. numbers wise they are pretty similar.
No one is a Redskin and wants to win signed a contract right away for 5 years.

The other only wants a 3 year deal so he can cash in again and has a film crew following him around.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #90
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,802
Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Would you have wanted the skins to do that deal? No f-ing way IMO.84 million fully guaranteed?!
Nope that is unreal, but hey good for Kirk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19120 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25