Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 AM   #61
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,484
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
I don't really care, sometimes I just like to put out a well-structured argument.


At least you put out...LOL!! Just kidding.....

I don't believe we have anyone on here (that I know of) that would faint and cry if they were in the same room as one of the players or coaches...ya know the Michael Jackson syndrome?

Now talking about irrational...LOL MJ has to have the most irrational fans alive!

It's just the personalities on here. Some people are optimistic in nature, some are pessimistic. I think the ones who are pessimistic sounding don't mean to sound like gloom and doom all the time - I think they actually do love the Redskins and want to see our current team succeed. I believe when they try to "keep it real" they're trying their best to keep their hopes low so they don't get too dissappointed. I can understand that.

On the flipside, you have the optimistic people (sometimes I probably fall under this category) that wants to find the good in everything and believes that Gibbs and Co are in complete control and are never in a mode of "guessing." I'm sure this is completely false - considering how last season went. But - I think if one says Gibbs has no idea what he is doing is pretty much an idiot because his track record speaks for himself. But, to say that Gibbs can magically turn this franchise around within a year is probably just as idiotic...and unfortunately most of us fell under the hype last season. But...Gibbs will turn the team around - the old fashioned Gibbs way! Hard work and devotion.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #62
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

I completely agree. Like I said above, sometimes someone poses an argument and being the male dong-flopper-outter that I am, I felt compelled to present an alterior viewpoint.

I am of the optimistic group of fans as well, I just always hate it when people give Daseal (and others who keep it real) shit for their viewpoints. Sometimes I get irritated with SC (who sometimes is a Dave Chapelle example of 'When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong') who be negative because that's "who they are". My argument is mainly in defense of anyone who actually is willing to call into question Gibbs' judgement, because their opinion should be just as respected as ours.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #63
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

And I'm not THAT big of a whore. Do you not see my advertisements on here about not giving up the WHOLE package on the first date? I'm like a walking public service annoucement.

G.I. Joooooooooooooooooooe.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #64
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,484
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
And I'm not THAT big of a whore. Do you not see my advertisements on here about not giving up the WHOLE package on the first date? I'm like a walking public service annoucement.

G.I. Joooooooooooooooooooe.

LOL!!!!

You tease.....
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #65
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

I know, maybe some heavy petting but that's IT.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #66
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

I certainly have differing views from many people on this site in type, however, I bet if we got together that we would get along great. I often spend most of my time around other fans defending Gibbs and the Redskins. Thanks to this site I can put up solid arguments both ways, and understanding both sides is unbelievably important to winning an argument.

I just believe that being a fan has more responsibility than undying loyalty. Just like being a citizen of the United States requires more than sitting there and saying US RULES! USSR sucks (We're the Redskins, they're Dallas!) You have to question things, you have to look at things from many viewpoints. It's part of being a well-rounded citizen. If people took citizenship the same way they take being a football fan then our country would be in dire straights.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #67
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Exactly. If people didn't question things we would still be ruled by those DAMN Brits.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #68
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I certainly have differing views from many people on this site in type, however, I bet if we got together that we would get along great. I often spend most of my time around other fans defending Gibbs and the Redskins. Thanks to this site I can put up solid arguments both ways, and understanding both sides is unbelievably important to winning an argument.

I just believe that being a fan has more responsibility than undying loyalty. Just like being a citizen of the United States requires more than sitting there and saying US RULES! USSR sucks (We're the Redskins, they're Dallas!) You have to question things, you have to look at things from many viewpoints. It's part of being a well-rounded citizen. If people took citizenship the same way they take being a football fan then our country would be in dire straights.
I hear what you're saying and you have some good posts, some not so good posts (but we're pretty much all that way) but I think that a lot of people here get the impression that you're just consisently bitter and almost looking to get noticed by being negative. And it extends beyond Gibbs and the Redskins:

Star Wars-hated it
Phil Jackson-most overrated coach ever
Baseball-sucks
Baseball in DC-will never work

But I do agree with you that we might be reading too much into what King has written. I don't think it reflects any sort of bias and the best way to erase any doubt is to win
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #69
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,497
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I hear what you're saying and you have some good posts, some not so good posts (but we're pretty much all that way) but I think that a lot of people here get the impression that you're just consisently bitter and almost looking to get noticed by being negative. And it extends beyond Gibbs and the Redskins
He gets that reputation because people will always remember the posts they disagree with more than the posts they agree with, ya know? I read 200 posts a day, and when I read them and agree with all 200, its pretty boring. ITs been happening alot latley, because theres nothing to really argue about. When someone brings a different angle, its fun to debate that with them, especially when its well presented.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
He gets that reputation because people will always remember the posts they disagree with more than the posts they agree with, ya know? I read 200 posts a day, and when I read them and agree with all 200, its pretty boring. ITs been happening alot latley, because theres nothing to really argue about. When someone brings a different angle, its fun to debate that with them, especially when its well presented.
I agree that it's fun to debate but sometimes it's just as boring to debate just for the sake of debating...but most of the time Daseal's posts are well presented

Talking about Daseal sure seems to hijack a lot of threads
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #71
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Heh, why should I put a positive spin on a movie I didn't like. The dialogue was poor and the only thing worth seeing were the special effects. Lucas is just milking Star Wars now for the money, it wasn't innovative like it was when the first three came out.

Phil Jackson - When he can turn a team that doesn't have star-studded talent on it into a contender, then he gets credit. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Pat Riley or Larry Brown.

I don't like baseball, you're right. Why shouldn't I tell you you're wrong for liking it? I don't like baseball because I feel as a sport it's over-rated. Does it take talent, yes. Does that make it fun or interesting to watch? no, not in my opinion. I like to play it, but normally that involves a bbq and a cooler full of beer.

I didn't say baseball would never work in DC. However, I could certainly see it fail. I didn't expect the Nationals to do so well (did anyone?) so that may have saved it and gotten the approval of a stadium, etc. However, I could still see it struggling some. I think MLB as a whole will begin to struggle more and more as the years go on. That's just my feeling.

All of the positive things I've posted in the off-topic forum you've ommited. Same with all the positive posts I put in the locker room. Those seem to be forgotten and it's always being pessimistic. I'm not looking to be noticed at all, I post my opinions how I see them, isn't that what discussion boards are for? I don't even feel it as a pesimistic outlook to try to see what can/might go wrong. I think we should be prepared to analyze the team and it's weaknesses. It has it's strong points defense, RB, coaching staff. It has it's weak points: WR's, Playcalling, and QB (kinda, love Ramsey but there's a lot depending on him this year). Granted all of that could change come the begininning of the year, but I prefer not to base my arguments on what if's, rather I prefer to base them on what I've seen.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #72
The Starter
 
monk81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,029
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Heh, why should I put a positive spin on a movie I didn't like. The dialogue was poor and the only thing worth seeing were the special effects. Lucas is just milking Star Wars now for the money, it wasn't innovative like it was when the first three came out.

Phil Jackson - When he can turn a team that doesn't have star-studded talent on it into a contender, then he gets credit. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Pat Riley or Larry Brown.

I don't like baseball, you're right. Why shouldn't I tell you you're wrong for liking it? I don't like baseball because I feel as a sport it's over-rated. Does it take talent, yes. Does that make it fun or interesting to watch? no, not in my opinion. I like to play it, but normally that involves a bbq and a cooler full of beer.

All of the positive things I've posted in the off-topic forum you've ommited. Same with all the positive posts I put in the locker room. Those seem to be forgotten and it's always being pessimistic. I'm not looking to be noticed at all, I post my opinions how I see them, isn't that what discussion boards are for? I don't even feel it as a pesimistic outlook to try to see what can/might go wrong. I think we should be prepared to analyze the team and it's weaknesses. It has it's strong points defense, RB, coaching staff. It has it's weak points: WR's, Playcalling, and QB (kinda, love Ramsey but there's a lot depending on him this year). Granted all of that could change come the begininning of the year, but I prefer not to base my arguments on what if's, rather I prefer to base them on what I've seen.
Hey Daseal..........we actually agreed on a lot in this post :headbange:

We both HATE baseball.......I call it a cure for insominia. And admit it all you baseball lovers have you ever stayed awake for an ENTIRE game!!!

Agree with you about Phil........he had all this talent, and seemed to take all the credit. And I agree about Larry Brown......best coach in the NBA.

I like to be a realist too, but sometimes I just yearn to hear something positive....14 years of pain may have had something to do with it. Anyway, it's nice to read things from a different perspective now and again, you learn
things................

KUDOS DASEAL!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"It's absolutely criminal, in my opinion, that Monk has yet to be enshrined (in the Pro-Football Hall of Fame)" Dan Arkush PFW
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:43 PM   #73
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Monk - That's why I come here, to keep me balanced and to hear the good news. I promise you, I'm not nearly as pessimistic as I come off. I just write it that way because it takes too long to put a disclaimer on everything.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #74
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,497
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk81

We both HATE baseball.......I call it a cure for insominia. And admit it all you baseball lovers have you ever stayed awake for an ENTIRE game!!!

KUDOS DASEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly. I'm a big baseball fan, I think its a great, fun sport. However, when you put the playoffs aside (Those are easy to watch), I probaboly only watch 5-6 full games of regular season baseball a year. I'll watch a few innings almost every night, but overall, I agree that its just pointless to sit there and watch an entire game, which is basically meaningless when it comes right down to it. Now I dont think baseball is a bad sport or anything, but I defintley see why people dont like it.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #75
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,484
Re: Further Proof of an Anti Redskins Bias in the National Media

At the end of the day, players are just players - they can't take on the responsiblity of being coaches at the sametime, so any coach who can coach a team, regardless of how gifted the players are, to one or many championship victories deserves alot of credit. The protocol for a championship team involves balance and structure - poor coaching is going to be reflected on the players...I don't care how much of a star each and every player on the team may be, they cannot win championships and build dynastys without a good coach.

Sorry to get off topic...

I think for the most part the D.C. area is always going to be targeted for negative spin on news. If it isn't the President, it's the Wizards, Nationals (in due time my friends), and of course the Redskins. But, then again, like I said earlier, it could also be that since we're Redskins fans, we see it more or pay attention to it more than what anyone else does. A fan in Indy probably wouldn't know the difference.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34981 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25