Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Hey guys, don't forget to check out Joe Crisp's minicamp coverage. He's got audio clips from Gibbs, Portis, Moss, Campbell, Ramsey, Springs, Thomas and Jansen, plus some pictures from day 1 of minicamp!

Stay tuned all weekend for his exclusive coverage straight from Redskins Park!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I ran into some major technical difficulties last night, and couldn't get my files posted until verrrrry early this morning.

While you waited, I hope you took the opportunity to check out the coverage by Extremeskins and theHogs.net . Both of these sites have representatives at minicamp this year, and I've enjoyed working with them.

Let's all thank the Washington Redskins media relations staff for welcoming the fan websites and providing all of us with the same access afforded to the other traditional media outlets! Now Redskins news truly is "unfiltered".

I'll be posting today's coverage much earlier today, hopefully, so be sure to check back often this evening as the files go up on the site.

Thanks so much for everyone's support! I'll do my best to bring you a full picture of what's happening at Redskins Park.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,217
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
Sorry for the delay, everyone. I ran into some major technical difficulties last night, and couldn't get my files posted until verrrrry early this morning.

While you waited, I hope you took the opportunity to check out the coverage by Extremeskins and theHogs.net . Both of these sites have representatives at minicamp this year, and I've enjoyed working with them.

Let's all thank the Washington Redskins media relations staff for welcoming the fan websites and providing all of us with the same access afforded to the other traditional media outlets! Now Redskins news truly is "unfiltered".

I'll be posting today's coverage much earlier today, hopefully, so be sure to check back often this evening as the files go up on the site.

Thanks so much for everyone's support! I'll do my best to bring you a full picture of what's happening at Redskins Park.
You da man, Joe!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Special Teams
 
dirtbag2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 293
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Yeah fine work, Joe. I wish I was in the posistion to contribute somehow.
dirtbag2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,495
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Very good stuff as always, Joe. Its nice to finally hear the guys talk about things. Did anyone in perticular catch your eye in training camp?
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,547
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Joe, it's been said many times but it does bear repeating: You're a class guy providing a much needed offseason fix. Thanks for all you do.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
The Starter
 
monk81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,029
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Thanks so much Joe, I'm enjoying all your mini-camp coverage............... :thumb:

especially the Jansen press conference...........
__________________
"It's absolutely criminal, in my opinion, that Monk has yet to be enshrined (in the Pro-Football Hall of Fame)" Dan Arkush PFW

Last edited by monk81; 06-18-2005 at 02:53 PM.
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 44
Posts: 1,587
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Thanks Joe. Money well spent!
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:32 PM   #9
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711
Very good stuff as always, Joe. Its nice to finally hear the guys talk about things. Did anyone in perticular catch your eye in training camp?

Thanks again everyone! You guys are awesome.

... and yes, Gmanc711, if there's one guy that's caught everyone's eyes at minicamp thus far, it's definitely Robert McCune. You'll see why soon.... all I can say is... WOW.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
TeeKaiFourTwoOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Hey Joe, it's been a blast so far.

Did you hear that Springs was staying in the same place the 3 of us are? The guy at the desk told us about it when we checked in Thursday night.


Oops. Gotta get back to it.
TeeKaiFourTwoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKaiFourTwoOne
Hey Joe, it's been a blast so far.

Did you hear that Springs was staying in the same place the 3 of us are? The guy at the desk told us about it when we checked in Thursday night.


Oops. Gotta get back to it.
Wow, are you serious??? I guess this would be one of the closest hotels to Redskins Park. That would be sweet if we ran into him. He's a very cool character. Let me know if you see him walking around.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:38 PM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Joe, I'm just wondering, since you've been at minicamp and training camp the past few years now, what kind of overall vibe are you picking up on this year compared to years in the past?

Seems to me the "team" atmosphere is really shining through this year as pointed out by Coach Gibbs with the phenomenal off-season attendance mark... is that the same feeling you're getting as well?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Hey guys, don't forget to check out minicamp coverage over at Extremeskins, they've done an outstanding job covering minicamp as well! Definitely worth checking out!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #14
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Joe, I'm just wondering, since you've been at minicamp and training camp the past few years now, what kind of overall vibe are you picking up on this year compared to years in the past?

Seems to me the "team" atmosphere is really shining through this year as pointed out by Coach Gibbs with the phenomenal off-season attendance mark... is that the same feeling you're getting as well?
There's definitely a different vibe this year. There's an overriding sense of genuine, resolute confidence in the team that exudes from the players. The consistent and repetitive expression of solidarity from all levels of the organization certainly gives any observer the impression that this is a team with one vision, one soul and one goal: restore the Redskins to glory. You can truly sense the bold spirit and temerity of this coaching staff in the positive demeanor of the players.

Last year, there was certainly excitement surrounding Gibbs's return, but there was also an undertow of anxiety and doubt that lurked beneath the surface. This year, it's almost the opposite: for all the outward appearances of tumult and chaos that have characterized the Redskins' offseason, there's this inner peace and stoic resolve that indicates this team will forge ahead undaunted-- and perhaps stronger than many would expect. Maybe this offseason's well-documented battles with the media are the perfect example of this underdog-like, "us against the world" mentality that seems to have hardened the will of this organization.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:29 AM   #15
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: The Warpath's Minicamp Coverage

Excellent work Joe! I think it's important to recognize that Crisp is basically a pioneer. By showing that a fan site could have a legitimate, professional presence on site it has now opened the door for other fan sites to gain access.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28237 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25