Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

This was a good clip of our offense and the progress they made late in the season with Ramsey at QB. It also shows some good clips of Patten and Moss.The bast part of the clip is Brunell bouncing a pass about five yards down field and about ten yards short.

http://www.redskins.com/news/multimedia.jsp?id=7913#
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
This was a good clip of our offense and the progress they made late in the season with Ramsey at QB. It also shows some good clips of Patten and Moss.The bast part of the clip is Brunell bouncing a pass about five yards down field and about ten yards short.

http://www.redskins.com/news/multimedia.jsp?id=7913#
I laughed so hard at that throw, he threw it and really tried, his arm went back and he he threw it and it looked good until it just fell and hit the ground.
After laughing i remebered the pain i was in back then, straight off of the browns loss. BAD TIMES
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
I laughed so hard at that throw, he threw it and really tried, his arm went back and he he threw it and it looked good until it just fell and hit the ground.
After laughing i remebered the pain i was in back then, straight off of the browns loss. BAD TIMES
At least we can look back at it now and get some good laughes. Clip seven should be of all his bad passes last year the only problem would be how long it would last.LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
manicd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 155
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Wow, I didn't know Patten had that kind of speed. I couldn't allow myself to follow the Pats. I'm the jealous type. I actually think that our receiving core is better this year. Not because it couldn't be worse, but because the pieces are better. I'd love to see Patrick connect with Moss and Patten for some deep balls. Come on Joe, let if fly.
manicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicd
Wow, I didn't know Patten had that kind of speed. I couldn't allow myself to follow the Pats. I'm the jealous type. I actually think that our receiving core is better this year. Not because it couldn't be worse, but because the pieces are better. I'd love to see Patrick connect with Moss and Patten for some deep balls. Come on Joe, let if fly.
I hope you're right. I'm reserving my receiving corps optimism until they actually put on uniforms and catch passes. Until then, they are the only question mark on our offense. To wit:

Running backs/H-back
Portis, Betts, Cooley. I'm OK there.

Quarterback
Patrick Ramsey. His rating for the season last yearwas 74.8, but if you factor out the disasterous relief appearance in week 2, that bumps up to a more respectable 79.9. As a starter last year, his rating was 82.6 (week 11 on). Those are decent numbers when one considers that he didn't practice with the starters for over half the season, and it wasn't exactly a home run offense.

O-line
Samuels, Dockery, Rabach, Thomas, Jansen
Samuels, Thomas and Jansen are considered among the best at their positions. Rabach was the best available free agent center this year, and Dockery has shown improvement since entering the league as a third rounder.

Wideouts
Who's the #1 here? Patten? Moss? Will Jacobs live up to his potential? Mason and Thrash are both good, but not great. What about McCants?
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
manicd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 155
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
I hope you're right. I'm reserving my receiving corps optimism until they actually put on uniforms and catch passes. Until then, they are the only question mark on our offense. To wit:

Running backs/H-back
Portis, Betts, Cooley. I'm OK there.

Quarterback
Patrick Ramsey. His rating for the season last yearwas 74.8, but if you factor out the disasterous relief appearance in week 2, that bumps up to a more respectable 79.9. As a starter last year, his rating was 82.6 (week 11 on). Those are decent numbers when one considers that he didn't practice with the starters for over half the season, and it wasn't exactly a home run offense.

O-line
Samuels, Dockery, Rabach, Thomas, Jansen
Samuels, Thomas and Jansen are considered among the best at their positions. Rabach was the best available free agent center this year, and Dockery has shown improvement since entering the league as a third rounder.

Wideouts
Who's the #1 here? Patten? Moss? Will Jacobs live up to his potential? Mason and Thrash are both good, but not great. What about McCants?

Well, they are all valid points. That is why I think our recievers wil be better. Ramsey will be better, Joe will use Cooley more, he's adapting Clinton's running. And as far as not having a number one, our number one last year was hampered pretty badly. I think Moss will be the first option, and will perform better than Coles. I can't help to think though, that Joe hasn't been studying the Patriots offense. They don't have a great number 1 either. I know people are sick of the Patriot comparisons, but hey, it works. Works for them damn well. And the Chiefs as well. Then again, Gonzo is like a number one receiver although he plays Tight End. Anyway, I suspect our recievers to surprise the nay sayers ala our D-line last year.
manicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicd
I can't help to think though, that Joe hasn't been studying the Patriots offense.

You can bet your a*s on that!
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
Special Teams
 
CooleyAsCanBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 413
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

Good video, although Royal's Touchdown dance is even creepier in slow motion.
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:18 AM   #9
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,486
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

The thrusting frightens me.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #10
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,835
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

lol i wonder what happens behind the scenes. but watching that clip of a wide open lavernues coles downfield, and brunell horribly passing it onto the sidelines, that made me cry. I never want to witness that again.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
The Starter
 
monk81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,029
Re: Part Six Of 2004 Skins season

I think that Cooley is going to turn into a Frank Wycheck type TE, a favorite receiver for Ramsey, like Wycheck was for McNair.......
Let me see who first selected Wycheck who was well known for his Music City Miracle ...wonder why we got rid of him.......
__________________
"It's absolutely criminal, in my opinion, that Monk has yet to be enshrined (in the Pro-Football Hall of Fame)" Dan Arkush PFW
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23798 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25