Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


T.O. asked to leave camp.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #16
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Seriously.......can you imagine. I really doubt they'll go without T.O......but if they did they'd have one of the easiest offenses in the league to defend. Heck, Westbrook isn't even happy. I just love this.

But what's the alternative, let this guy be a cancer in your lockroom for the rest of the year. Clearly he isn't happy and it doesn't look like he's gonna be for a long, long time....at least with the Eagles. I'm telling you the Eagles will cut their losses and move on without this guy.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #17
Camp Scrub
 
BobbyLabonteFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

I agree for the fact: He will bring the morale down on the team. And a team with a Low Morale is not going to the Playoffs, let alone the Superbowl. IMHO



Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
But what's the alternative, let this guy be a cancer in your lockroom for the rest of the year. Clearly he isn't happy and it doesn't look like he's gonna be for a long, long time....at least with the Eagles. I'm telling you the Eagles will cut their losses and move on without this guy.
__________________
One Ring to Rule Them All, One Ring to find Them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness Bind them--In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows Lie.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing--Vince Lombardi

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines
BobbyLabonteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
Camp Scrub
 
Davnpurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bmore
Age: 34
Posts: 51
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
But what's the alternative, let this guy be a cancer in your lockroom for the rest of the year. Clearly he isn't happy and it doesn't look like he's gonna be for a long, long time....at least with the Eagles. I'm telling you the Eagles will cut their losses and move on without this guy.
I agree with you but as much disdane I have for the Feagles and their fans I do give some credit where it is due and the Philly F.O. is one of the best in the NFL. I highly doubt that they will let T.O. walk. Maybe if Stinkston didn't blow out his O-ring but not now. A core of McMullen, Lewis and Brown wouldn't scare an 8th grade rec. team.

They will throw around trade rumors for the next three weeks of camp while TO compares himself to Jesus Shuttlesworth on Steven A's "Quite Frankly" but by September he'll be back in Illy. He's too good a talent (regardless how malignant) to be cut outright.

This is, however, way too good to be true.
Davnpurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
But what's the alternative, let this guy be a cancer in your lockroom for the rest of the year. Clearly he isn't happy and it doesn't look like he's gonna be for a long, long time....at least with the Eagles. I'm telling you the Eagles will cut their losses and move on without this guy.
I hope you're right. I know I'd try to trade him. It'll come down to a decision of whether the Eagles are a better team with him or without him. Given their WR situation, it is going to be VERY hard for them to imagine going into the season with Greg Lewis and Rookie Reggie Brown as their starting WRs. Only time will tell........but I would love to play the Eagles without him.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,657
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

This is great...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #21
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davnpurt
I agree with you but as much disdane I have for the Feagles and their fans I do give some credit where it is due and the Philly F.O. is one of the best in the NFL. I highly doubt that they will let T.O. walk. Maybe if Stinkston didn't blow out his O-ring but not now. A core of McMullen, Lewis and Brown wouldn't scare an 8th grade rec. team.

They will throw around trade rumors for the next three weeks of camp while TO compares himself to Jesus Shuttlesworth on Steven A's "Quite Frankly" but by September he'll be back in Illy. He's too good a talent (regardless how malignant) to be cut outright.

This is, however, way too good to be true.
We'll see....but like I said earlier Freddie Mitchell is enjoying the hell out of this
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #22
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,224
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I'm telling you the Eagles will cut their losses and move on without this guy.
Maybe, but I am not sure. Their front office plays hardball. You got a contract, we negotiated it fair and square - now play it, no exceptions. If he refuses, then they will fine him out the ass and go after his signing bonus. I really wouldn't be surprised if they Keyshawn him for the year - then cut him before next year's bonus kicks in.

Owens has pretty much guaranteed that he will get nothing from the Eagles. I bet they are now in "smack-down" mode. However they play it, the Eagles' FO will make sure that nobody thinks they can "pull an Owens" and get what
they want - or even a semblance of what they want. Does he want out? Well then - we aint gonna cut him. Does he want more money? Yeah right!

Nada, zip, nothing. The Eagles will do nothing that would allow Owens, in any way, to claim a small victory.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #23
Camp Scrub
 
Miss_Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Could be related to the fact TO has missed five out of six practices. Yesterday he practiced on a seperate field with an assistant trainer. Caught balls on his own from a machine, didn't mingle with fans, teamates or media. Who knows??
We've passed on a lot of "talented" players because of their off-field antics. We've cut/traded good players because of their off-field antics. (Jarrod Cooper, Todd Sauerbrun) No way this front office would have even considered TO. We've had our problem players in the past, but this staff doesn't tolerate anything.
Miss_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #24
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,224
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

I just thought of something --- Don't the 49ers need receivers?
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
Davnpurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bmore
Age: 34
Posts: 51
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
We'll see....but like I said earlier Freddie Mitchell is enjoying the hell out of this
Agreed.
Davnpurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #26
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
Maybe, but I am not sure. Their front office plays hardball. You got a contract, we negotiated it fair and square - now play it, no exceptions. If he refuses, then they will fine him out the ass and go after his signing bonus. I really wouldn't be surprised if they Keyshawn him for the year - then cut him before next year's bonus kicks in.

Owens has pretty much guaranteed that he will get nothing from the Eagles. I bet they are now in "smack-down" mode. However they play it, the Eagles' FO will make sure that nobody thinks they can "pull an Owens" and get what
they want - or even a semblance of what they want. Does he want out? Well then - we aint gonna cut him. Does he want more money? Yeah right!

Nada, zip, nothing. The Eagles will do nothing that would allow Owens, in any way, to claim a small victory.
Well said and I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think Philly still will cut it's losses. If they keep him at this point the FO and team invite tons of scrutiny when or if he hit's the field. Philly fans are ruthless!

Last edited by 12thMan; 08-10-2005 at 04:54 PM.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #27
Camp Scrub
 
Miss_Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I just thought of something --- Don't the 49ers need receivers?
Miss_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #28
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Update:
The latest from reports coming out of the training camp is that T.O. was supposed to have off today to rest and rehab his groin (which Reid has repeatedly defended as a legitimate injury for a week now). TO decided to come outside (with his "bad" groin) today and have a ball boy throw him some passes while he ran routes at full speed in an area away from where the rest of the team was practicing. At a team meeting that followed, Reid confronted TO, basically saying, what the heck is going on here? I thought you were injured. You were supposed to be resting and rehabbing the groin today.......if you're good to go and practice, then that's a different story. The whole thing led to a huge argument and Reid told him to leave camp........possible fines and suspensions to come. Actually, they just said he's suspended for a week.
Basically, it sounds like TO is going out of his way to say "F#!K YOU" to every person in Philly and burn every bridge. He skipped out on an autograph session yesterday (I think it was yesterday) to say F-U to the fans, and now he's tried making Reid look like a F#!K by mocking him by running full speed as if nothing was ever wrong with his groin to begin with.
He's just such a piece of trash.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #29
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I just thought of something --- Don't the 49ers need receivers?
lol
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:50 PM   #30
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I just thought of something --- Don't the 49ers need receivers?
LOL Dude that's hysterical......LOL!!!!
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34464 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25