Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


T.O. asked to leave camp.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #31
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
Philly fans are ruthless!
And the FO office knows that. Maybe they let him play and let the fans rip him apart. Owens lives/thrives on cheers and positive attention - Once the boos start it will be a downward cycle for him. After getting his ego battered by the fans, press and teammates - maybe the FO comes to him and says "See, you ain't and never were all that."
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
BobbyLabonteFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Update:
The latest from reports coming out of the training camp is that T.O. was supposed to have off today to rest and rehab his groin (which Reid has repeatedly defended as a legitimate injury for a week now). TO decided to come outside (with his "bad" groin) today and have a ball boy throw him some passes while he ran routes at full speed in an area away from where the rest of the team was practicing. At a team meeting that followed, Reid confronted TO, basically saying, what the heck is going on here? I thought you were injured. You were supposed to be resting and rehabbing the groin today.......if you're good to go and practice, then that's a different story. The whole thing led to a huge argument and Reid told him to leave camp........possible fines and suspensions to come. Actually, they just said he's suspended for a week.
Basically, it sounds like TO is going out of his way to say "F#!K YOU" to every person in Philly and burn every bridge. He skipped out on an autograph session yesterday (I think it was yesterday) to say F-U to the fans, and now he's tried making Reid look like a F#!K by mocking him by running full speed as if nothing was ever wrong with his groin to begin with.
He's just such a piece of trash.
TO is an idiot IMO. He needs to grow up. Sooner or later the other teams are going to get wise about his attitude and not sign him because they don't want their team's morale to go down with him.
__________________
One Ring to Rule Them All, One Ring to find Them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness Bind them--In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows Lie.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing--Vince Lombardi

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines
BobbyLabonteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #33
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Update:
The latest from reports coming out of the training camp is that T.O. was supposed to have off today to rest and rehab his groin (which Reid has repeatedly defended as a legitimate injury for a week now). TO decided to come outside (with his "bad" groin) today and have a ball boy throw him some passes while he ran routes at full speed in an area away from where the rest of the team was practicing. At a team meeting that followed, Reid confronted TO, basically saying, what the heck is going on here? I thought you were injured. You were supposed to be resting and rehabbing the groin today.......if you're good to go and practice, then that's a different story. The whole thing led to a huge argument and Reid told him to leave camp........possible fines and suspensions to come. Actually, they just said he's suspended for a week.
Basically, it sounds like TO is going out of his way to say "F#!K YOU" to every person in Philly and burn every bridge. He skipped out on an autograph session yesterday (I think it was yesterday) to say F-U to the fans, and now he's tried making Reid look like a F#!K by mocking him by running full speed as if nothing was ever wrong with his groin to begin with.
He's just such a piece of trash.

No way this guy stays in Philly. And quite frankly (no pun intended Stephen A.) the team morale will be better off without him. Good stuff PSU!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #34
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...p.asp?ID=13457

Another local news story above. Some conflicting reports still. Apparently Reid was rather upset about TO skipping the autograph sessions, and the routes he was running were with the Eagles trainer (at least according to this report). I'll keep updating as I hear more.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #35
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
And the FO office knows that. Maybe they let him play and let the fans rip him apart. Owens lives/thrives on cheers and positive attention - Once the boos start it will be a downward cycle for him. After getting his ego battered by the fans, press and teammates - maybe the FO comes to him and says "See, you ain't and never were all that."
I have to tell ya Joe this guy's ego is beyond booing and that type of thing....honestly he's so self absorbed it would probably bother the other guys on the field more than it would bother T.O. It seems he's beyond what people care or think about the situation. I'm not sure that's the remedy either.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #36
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Today on NFL network (re-run) they interviewed Javon Walker, and I have to tell you I was really, really impressed with the way he handled the questions and his overall attitude about reporting to camp and how he and Brett Farve are getting along great. He said the contract issues are out of his mind right now, he just want's to play football. I guess my point he stands in stark contrast to T.O. how it's not all about him even though he desires a bigger deal. I was starting to lose faith in some of these guys until I hear Javon talk. class act.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #37
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

If he stayed after about the first half of the first game the Boos would stop. After about his third TD the boos would stop. If a player can back up his game the fans have short memories. I would not like a TO type player on the Skins but I wonder how long we would stay pissed at a guy if he was winning games for us.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #38
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
If he stayed after about the first half of the first game the Boos would stop. After about his third TD the boos would stop. If a player can back up his game the fans have short memories. I would not like a TO type player on the Skins but I wonder how long we would stay pissed at a guy if he was winning games for us.
That's a very good point if you are talking about Philly fans. They are among the most bi-polar fans in the world. They are the first to boo a player for any minor mistake......and then the first to cheer like crazy the minute that same player does something for them. They've done it to McNabb, Pinkston, Scott Rolen, Pat Burrell, Jim Thome........the list goes on and on. They have no loyalty to any player, but they also have the shortest memories of any fans I've ever seen. It's disgusting.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
If he stayed after about the first half of the first game the Boos would stop. After about his third TD the boos would stop. If a player can back up his game the fans have short memories. I would not like a TO type player on the Skins but I wonder how long we would stay pissed at a guy if he was winning games for us.
I don't think I could tolerate a guy who compares himself to Jesus and Rosa Parks and then calls Patrick Ramsey gay. Maybe I'm just bitter, but I would find it humorous if he did that with Brunell.
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
That's a very good point if you are talking about Philly fans. They are among the most bi-polar fans in the world. They are the first to boo a player for any minor mistake......and then the first to cheer like crazy the minute that same player does something for them. They've done it to McNabb, Pinkston, Scott Rolen, Pat Burrell, Jim Thome........the list goes on and on. They have no loyalty to any player, but they also have the shortest memories of any fans I've ever seen. It's disgusting.
I remember watching a regular season game where they were up by more than a couple of touchdowns and the punter slightly shanked one for about a 30 yard punt. The whole place errupted in boos. Pretty funny.
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #41
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyfan
I don't think I could tolerate a guy who compares himself to Jesus and Rosa Parks and then calls Patrick Ramsey gay. Maybe I'm just bitter, but I would find it humorous if he did that with Brunell.
I know he made references to calling Jeff Garcia gay, did he call Patrick Ramsey gay also?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
Davnpurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bmore
Age: 33
Posts: 51
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

They just interviewed TO while he was at his home in NJ and he said something to the effect of "if he [Reid] wants to be a man about this than we can go on the air and talk about it." He then stated that it [the altercation] was merely "a difference of opinion." Differences of opinion do not get you suspended for week. Unless, that is, they agreed to disagree which, I'm assuming, T.O. wouldn't agree to.
Davnpurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #43
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,013
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Its time for the league owners to step up on this one. Don't accept any trade offers for the egotistical little bastard. Let him sit and watch from home, play some basketball or whatever he does and he will eventually realize what he is missing. God, the conceit of these "star" players is getting out of hand and TO is at the top of the list.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #44
Camp Scrub
 
BobbyLabonteFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

There is only 1 good thing about Terrel Owens:

He always gives us all something to Chat about
__________________
One Ring to Rule Them All, One Ring to find Them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness Bind them--In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows Lie.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing--Vince Lombardi

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines
BobbyLabonteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #45
Special Teams
 
Cooley 350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 209
Re: T.O. asked to leave camp.

Even chatting about this guy makes my stomach turn. Guys like this are whats wrong with sports in general today. I agree with jbcjr14 about the league owners, let him sit at home or break his leg playing basketball with Master P for all I care. just my two cents.
__________________
<PeterGriffinVoice> Lotta Honky's In Here... </PeterGriffinVoice>
Cooley 350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29278 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25