Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #31
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

After watching the film on both of them, I dont see anything performance based in which any sane man could base a switch based on that game. Ramsey out played brunell period. He had one pick, whether it was his fault or not, and a fumble for hanging on to the ball too long. However we had 0 3 and out drives and on every 3rd down we faced Ramsey dropped back and made a good read to keep the drive going. That TD penalty was bogus, but the one thing that was shaky at times was the pass protection.

Let's keep that in mind. I think Gibbs is thinking that Brunell offers a guy who can perorm for a little while until he gets hurt, but Brunell really wants to play and is working hard to get to play, so why not throw him to the dogs and when he does get hurt PR will get another shot. We're going to face some defenses this season that are better at getting pressure than the Bears. Starting with next week. So to hell with it, I the PR fan am liking the decision now, because I think Brunell will only last a short while before he falls apart again due to injury.
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #32
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna
After watching the film on both of them, I dont see anything performance based in which any sane man could base a switch based on that game. Ramsey out played brunell period. He had one pick, whether it was his fault or not, and a fumble for hanging on to the ball too long. However we had 0 3 and out drives and on every 3rd down we faced Ramsey dropped back and made a good read to keep the drive going. That TD penalty was bogus, but the one thing that was shaky at times was the pass protection.

Let's keep that in mind. I think Gibbs is thinking that Brunell offers a guy who can perorm for a little while until he gets hurt, but Brunell really wants to play and is working hard to get to play, so why not throw him to the dogs and when he does get hurt PR will get another shot. We're going to face some defenses this season that are better at getting pressure than the Bears. Starting with next week. So to hell with it, I the PR fan am liking the decision now, because I think Brunell will only last a short while before he falls apart again due to injury.
Wow I said based 3 times in one sentance lol
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Once and for all, I'm not a Ramsey hater nor am I a Brunell lover.

The team comes above all.

I don't hold Brunell in any higher regard than I do Ramsey, but to me it seems that a lot of people are holding Ramsey in high regard or why else does everyone seem so eager to dismiss his inconcistency and turnovers while damning Brunell in the same breath. They're both pretty similar in terms of suckiness. (is that a word? I dunno sounds good though)

They both STUNK last year. But Brunell appears to be the lesser of the two evils right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #34
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Even if evil is the word for it. He completed clutch passes and didn't turn the ball over.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:29 PM   #35
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna
After watching the film on both of them, I dont see anything performance based in which any sane man could base a switch based on that game. Ramsey out played brunell period. He had one pick, whether it was his fault or not, and a fumble for hanging on to the ball too long. However we had 0 3 and out drives and on every 3rd down we faced Ramsey dropped back and made a good read to keep the drive going. That TD penalty was bogus, but the one thing that was shaky at times was the pass protection.

Let's keep that in mind. I think Gibbs is thinking that Brunell offers a guy who can perorm for a little while until he gets hurt, but Brunell really wants to play and is working hard to get to play, so why not throw him to the dogs and when he does get hurt PR will get another shot. We're going to face some defenses this season that are better at getting pressure than the Bears. Starting with next week. So to hell with it, I the PR fan am liking the decision now, because I think Brunell will only last a short while before he falls apart again due to injury.
I really never thought I see the Day when a Skin Fan would like to see a guy fail on our team! I could care less who is QB as long as we win and beat Dallas and get another Super Bowl.
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #36
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

I'm new here, so I won't name anyone specifically, but can someone please tell me what is efficient or even mediocre about 70 passing yards in 3 quarters of football? Brunell supporters want to make the case that he doesn't turn the ball over or make the bad pass, but I guess the floater he laid up, that went right into the hands of the Bears safety doesn't count since it was called back on a penalty.

Yes, Ramsey has some shortcomings. He holds the ball too long and often tries to force plays that aren't there, but at least with Ramsey, there's a chance he can make a big play on a 3rd and long. If there's a 3rd and long situation with Brunell in, I've already resigned myself to the fact that a punt is coming up. Not that I don't enjoy watching him throw a three yard checkdown on 3rd and 7, or using his vaunted mobility to get out of the pocket and throw the ball away, but that just doesn't keep the chains moving.

And you guys are mistaken if you think 23.3 passing yards a quarter and field goal drives are going to beat Dallas. If Dallas, or anyone for that matter, puts up more than 14 points, it's game over.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #37
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Rewatch the game, and you'll see Moss would have been in position for that ball had he not been pulled down by the jersey.

23.3 passing yards a quarter might not beat Dallas, but a heavy dose of Portis coupled with no interceptions will.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #38
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

I think that even if Dallas DOES line up to play the run, the kind of linemen they have aren't athletic enough to overpower the Skins line.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:37 PM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Ok I guess we've now moved on to overanalyzing Brunell's 70 yards passing.

Could it be the fact that the running game was grinding away so well that we didn't see the need to air things out?

Could it be the fact that Brunell was inserted to an offense who's gameplan was geared towards another QB?

Moss turned a nice catch and run into a 52 yard gain for Ramsey, the throw was on target but let's face it Moss did the majority of the work. Take that away and Ramsey was a much more pedestrian 5 of 10 for 53 yards.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #40
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

EXACTLY!

I've been saying that at least once in every thread dealing with the situation. The truth is, both QBs played pretty well, Brunell was marginally better. But if you're talking to Gibbs, he'd say Brunell managed the game well and did what he had to do. He made the throws he was supposed to make and handed the ball of the rest of the game. Pretty much Brunell put us in a position to come out with the lead for that field goal. It wasn't Brunell that called for us NOT to go for it on 4th and 1.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Ok I guess we've now moved on to overanalyzing Brunell's 70 yards passing.

Could it be the fact that the running game was grinding away so well that we didn't see the need to air things out?

Could it be the fact that Brunell was inserted to an offense who's gameplan was geared towards another QB?

Moss turned a nice catch and run into a 52 yard gain for Ramsey, the throw was on target but let's face it Moss did the majority of the work. Take that away and Ramsey was a much more pedestrian 5 of 10 for 53 yards.
even if you take away the value of Ramsey hittin his receiver in stride or in a position to move upfield (as opposed to Brunell's "safe" dink/dunks), then that's 53 yds in 3 drives vs. 70 in 3 quarters. how many drives was that? i agree the running game got it going by then, but Ramsey didn't have that luxury.

i agree Brunell (a left-hander as Brud expertly pointed out) coming into a system set up for another QB lowered the offense's efficiency. think one week of practice can overcome months of offseason?
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Ok I guess we've now moved on to overanalyzing Brunell's 70 yards passing.

Could it be the fact that the running game was grinding away so well that we didn't see the need to air things out?

Could it be the fact that Brunell was inserted to an offense who's gameplan was geared towards another QB?

Moss turned a nice catch and run into a 52 yard gain for Ramsey, the throw was on target but let's face it Moss did the majority of the work. Take that away and Ramsey was a much more pedestrian 5 of 10 for 53 yards.
I heard a Quote somewhere from Gibbs saying that the o we played against the bears will not be the same o we play against Dallas. I think Gibbs felt he could win in a low scoring game if we played smart football (no turnovers, fumbles etc..).A good example is not going for the TD when we were 4th and short. He did not want to open up the play book more than he had to giving Parcells less game film to watch. We made alot of changes on the O side of the ball this year but I saw very little of that in their opening game. I think Gibbs game planning was one game past the Bears who he did not look past but showed very little. Gibbs knows how big of a game this is for our team and how much of a boost it would be if we could pull out a win in Dallas. Dallas had a tougher game and we will have plenty of game film to watch.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #43
Special Teams
 
ladyfan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Suitland, Maryland
Age: 38
Posts: 123
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
I heard a Quote somewhere from Gibbs saying that the o we played against the bears will not be the same o we play against Dallas. I think Gibbs felt he could win in a low scoring game if we played smart football (no turnovers, fumbles etc..).A good example is not going for the TD when we were 4th and short. He did not want to open up the play book more than he had to giving Parcells less game film to watch. We made alot of changes on the O side of the ball this year but I saw very little of that in their opening game. I think Gibbs game planning was one game past the Bears who he did not look past but showed very little. Gibbs knows how big of a game this is for our team and how much of a boost it would be if we could pull out a win in Dallas. Dallas had a tougher game and we will have plenty of game film to watch.
NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE MAKINGS OF A TRUE GENIUS!!
__________________
LOYALTY is being Redskins fans!!
ladyfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #44
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Could it be the fact that the running game was grinding away so well that we didn't see the need to air things out?

Could it be the fact that Brunell was inserted to an offense who's gameplan was geared towards another QB?
While I'm sure Brunell with throw for more than 70 yards against Dallas, I disagree that he's a efficient "game manager". As I said before, if the Skins go down more than 14 points in a game, it's game over because Brunell does not have the tools to pass them back into the game.

And as good as Portis looked Sunday, it's going to get a lot harder for him to run when teams realize he's our only offense, and start stacking 8 in the box.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #45
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Video of all of Ramsey's and Brunnell's passes against the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfan06
NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE MAKINGS OF A TRUE GENIUS!!
There's a key on your keyboard that reads 'Caps Lock', please press it just once before your next post.

Thank you.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42095 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25