Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ExtremeSkins Fan View

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #31
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Your really contradicting yourself, you say Gibbs is going to make changes and he'll be darned if he waits 5,6,or 9, games, who are you trying to kid here, he waited not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, but 9 games before he replaced Brunell last season, who played the position as bad as I have ever seen.

The rest of your statements are all over the place I really don't know were to begin but I will try.

You stated that our offense is in constant flux and that all players should be afforded the same opportunity as Ramsey? Then you say we all can agree on the fact that he's had more than 19 minutes to prove himself, was he playing a pickup game in the parking lot I missed? What is it about the comparison between a KR and a QB you don't understand? Why is the QB the highest paid player in the league, and kick returners on the bottom of the food chain? Could it be becuase it's the most difficult position on the field and takes the longest to learn, it's taken some of the great QB's 3 years to develope in the same system playing every game, not 6 or 7 quarters in the pre-season.

Give me your reasons for say a player like Antonio Brown and how you believe his growth is stunted on special's. Because I know I can give you a 100 reason's and example after example, on why a QB need's time to develope, SIR!
I won't defend my response point for point - take from it what you may. That's fine.

When I said Ramsey had more than 19 minutes to prove himself, obviously I was talking about more than just those 19 minutes. Ramsey has been with the Redskins for a few seasons now, entering his second with coach Gibbs. I think that certainly counts for more than 19 minutes of play.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #32
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,271
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
One guy turned the ball over and cost us points as did the other.
The score was 9-7. The Bears got a TD off Browns fumble. They made the extra point. TD + Extra Point = 7 points. I fail to see how Ramsey gave them any points.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
LadyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 219
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I won't defend my response point for point - take from it what you may. That's fine.

When I said Ramsey had more than 19 minutes to prove himself, obviously I was talking about more than just those 19 minutes. Ramsey has been with the Redskins for a few seasons now, entering his second with coach Gibbs. I think that certainly counts for more than 19 minutes of play.


And the only other regular season games he played in under Gibbs were last season. Last year, his winning percentage in games he started was better than Brunell's. Ramsey 3-4 (43%), Brunell 3-6 (33%).

In the final analysis, winning games is the ONLY thing that really matters.
LadyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,491
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
You can absoultly compare Brown and Ramsey. You can't have drastically different standards for players on the team. One guy turned the ball over and cost us points as did the other. Whether one is a 4th year QB or a 2nd year kick returner doesn't matter. The message has been sent. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! If you say that and then ignore it in certain cases it can be a big morale killer. A good example is Nemo. Nemo looked like a beast in pre-season. He was pretty much heralded all over this board. We thought he'd make the team and play. Everyone was worried he'd take Rocks spot because he outplayed him a bit. But he couldn't control the ball much in preseason either and in the end he made the team but Nemo was inactive in game one. Message: DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! Even in preseason.
every coach in the league has different rules for different players... LT could smoke crack and parcells wouldn't care, other rookies would be off the team for sleeping in a meeting.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:07 PM   #35
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
The score was 9-7. The Bears got a TD off Browns fumble. They made the extra point. TD + Extra Point = 7 points. I fail to see how Ramsey gave them any points.
Ramsey's last fumble cost us the chance to at least kick a fieldgoal therefore most likely denying us points.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #36
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,063
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
every coach in the league has different rules for different players... LT could smoke crack and parcells wouldn't care, other rookies would be off the team for sleeping in a meeting.
So that makes it right? Maybe Joe doesn't look at it that way.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #37
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
So that makes it right? Maybe Joe doesn't look at it that way.
Oh, Joe looks at it that way alright. John Riggins was a BIG partier, Joe accepted it even though he didn't like it. Sean Taylor runs around with criminals and has pending felony charges, but beleive me, Joe ain't cuttin Mr. Taylor. It just depends on who you are, different rules for different people. Joe likes Brunnell, a veteran, whom he paid big bucks to, so Brunnell plays by a different set of rules than Ramsey does. If you don't believe it, wait until Brunnell has 2 turnovers in one game, I bet he stays in the game and isn't yanked.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
kingerock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Killeen, TX
Age: 39
Posts: 360
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

I think the point being missed is this:

Ramsey had 3 turnovers in 3 possesions and hasn't looked any better, this presason or any of the last 3 years, than his first snap in the NFL.

Like several others on this forum, I like Ramsey and want it to work out for him, but I tell my employees something all the time: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity, not loyalty. Nothing Ramsey has done with this team, in the length of his career here, has pointed to him doing anything different than being sub-par and turning the ball over.

I hope everything works out, but I am not going to thrash Gibbs over the decision.

I think it's ironic that we were calling for Mark Brunell to be benched in week 2 last season because of his poor play in week 1 against the Bucs, even with the win. Now Gibbs makes the tough call and we're calling for his (Gibbs) head.
__________________
Redskins fan lost in Texas for 20 years. Need a ride to D.C.
kingerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #39
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,953
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingerock
I think the point being missed is this:

Ramsey had 3 turnovers in 3 possesions and hasn't looked any better, this presason or any of the last 3 years, than his first snap in the NFL.

Like several others on this forum, I like Ramsey and want it to work out for him, but I tell my employees something all the time: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity, not loyalty. Nothing Ramsey has done with this team, in the length of his career here, has pointed to him doing anything different than being sub-par and turning the ball over.

I hope everything works out, but I am not going to thrash Gibbs over the decision.

I think it's ironic that we were calling for Mark Brunell to be benched in week 2 last season because of his poor play in week 1 against the Bucs, even with the win. Now Gibbs makes the tough call and we're calling for his (Gibbs) head.
.


Here's how it breaks down. I don't like the decision, because last year Ramsey lead our team to a few wins and some great games against the best teams in the leage, even with the outdated offensive schemes and players that brunell got killed with. Fuck the first half of the first game of this year. Mark Brunell has done nothing outside of the preseason to earn any merit from anyone on the Redskins. Hell I could go out there and just not turn the ball over. I could throw it out of bounds and at the ground in front of my feet and finish the game with not TO's but no offense either.

I think this article is BS because it implies that if you don't agree with the decision being made, or even question it, then you are ignorant of facts... but then it gives no real facts. This asshole got bought out by the skins and is spreading propaganda to sway public opinion. Do you think they would've posted an article asking if JG had lost his freaking mind on Redskins.com?

I'm not saying that's how I feel, but don't go on my teams website and act like you know some shit by a feeble attempt at alienation to those who oppose a particular decision.
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #40
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,953
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

btw...art of recieving....






thats the second coolest name on the warpath lol
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #41
Camp Scrub
 
tommynoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc
How about this, what happened last year with Brunell was last year. The guy is a much smarter qb than Ramsey is now. I always thought that Brunell was like Favre but left handed. I don't want to lose this game 31-28 and have people say that "well atleast he scored points." Just WIN!!!!!!! I can't take this not making the playoffs stuff. What we as fans need to do is rally around our qb and our TEAM and will them to victory. I know a little faith can't hurt either. I think that coach Gibbs is better judge of talent then all of us. Hell, he has forgotten more football then all of us. And wouldn't this be a nice little ruse that that coach Gibbs is using to try to have dallas think that our qb and offense is so much turmoil. Just give Brunell a second chance to make us believe that he is the man. Just WIN DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are right on one point; Gibbs has FORGOTTEN football!! Annnnd, Brunell is just a has been, retread that Gibbs favors because he too is "born again"!
tommynoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:09 AM   #42
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,491
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommynoker
You are right on one point; Gibbs has FORGOTTEN football!! Annnnd, Brunell is just a has been, retread that Gibbs favors because he too is "born again"!
please don't troll, thanks.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #43
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
So how is saving face by playing a QB who is washed up the two do not go together. What your saying is that Gibbs is saying screw the other 51 players, screw the owner, screw all the fans I'm playing Brunell to make me look better and don't care if we win games it will make me look better.
No, Im saying that he stuck with Brunnell through 9 horrific games last year because it was Joe Gibbs who went out and overpaid for him, so Joe gave him chance after chance after chance. The fans went nuts, because Brunnell was sooooo bad, that the fans finally booed the guy out of his last starting game. Now, Joe is going back to Brunnell again and he is giving him yet another chance, in the hopes that somehow someway he can show us that he did not make a huge free agency blunder. Ask yourself this: If Mark Brunnell was not brought in by Joe Gibbs himself, would he still be with the Skins and would he be getting this second opportunity? I think the answer is clearly "No".
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,072
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

We can argue this until we're blue in the face, in fact I think we have already.

The fact remains that Brunell was hand picked by Gibbs, and Gibbs obviously believes that Brunell gives the team the best chance at winning games.

It doesn't have anything to do with ego or trying to prove people wrong or the fact that Brunell is a religious person (Ramsey is too for the record). If you believe these things you really don't understand the kind of man Joe Gibbs is.

He wants to win, and he wants to win now. He would never put his ego in front of the team. Case in point, look at the changes he's made to the offense. He's using the shotgun now for crying out loud, something that he used to have a strong dislike for. He's added more 3 and 4 WR sets, and he's added running plays and blocking schemes that better fit the style of Portis.

He's not afraid to try new things even if it means doing something that in the past he didn't believe in. He's very open-minded because in the end he only has one goal in mind... and that's winning.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #45
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: ExtremeSkins Fan View

Yeah, I turned blue in the face over this one about two days after the whole thing went down. I didn't even have the energy to fully respond to one of my post that I got crap over.

Let's just play some football and get to the playoffs.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33215 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25