Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dallas Score Predictions

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #106
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 43
Posts: 5,308
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA
There is no logic with your prediction. If we have a better defense than the Chargers, how can you predict Dallas scoring one less point than they did against the Chargers? That's crazy.
Because a better defense usually indicates the possibility that the opposing team won't score as many points. How is that illogical?

Also notice Sunra, that I didn't include how I thought the points would come. One of them might be kick or punt return. Another could be from a defensive touchdown off a fumble or interception.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #107
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

24-13, Cowboys. I hope I'm wrong and Brunell throws for 350 yards and 4 touchdowns. We'll see...
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:05 PM   #108
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
Sadly, Beemnseven, I think you're right on the money.

I don't think it will matter whether Ramsey or Brunell is the quarterback in this one. Ramsey would get eaten alive by their blitz, and Brunell's not aggressive enough to punish the Dallas D for clamping down on Portis like a pack of wild dogs.

I also watched the Chargers game last weekend, and Dallas impressed me-- particularly their offense. The Redskins defense is still good, but I don't like the offense's chances against the Dallas D. The offense won't be able to sustain drives or maintain possession long enough to keep the defense fresh, and Parcells will just start wearing them down with the running of Julius Jones.

Of course, the Skins could do the same thing to Bledsoe that the Cowboys would've done to Ramsey: ship him out of the stadium in a body bag. Both QBs are sitting ducks to a blitz-happy defense. If the Redskins decommission Bledsoe, they have a chance. Otherwise, I see Bledsoe making just enough big plays through the air to keep the defense honest and give Jones enough wiggle room on the ground to wear down the defensive front.

This game is in Dallas. It's Parcells knowing every move Gibbs is going to make. It's the recent history of Dallas dominance over Washington. It's the blind referees that always seem to follow Washington around to every crucial matchup. It's the one game that I dread every year, because the next day I inevitably have to face all those pompous, sneering Cowboy fans and hear "how 'bout them Cowboys?" hollered across the office building every time the game is brought up in conversation. It's not going to be any different this year.

Cowboys 27, Redskins 6.
Williams knows Bledsoe which balances the equation. I think this is a game of turnovers. Who is most likely to turn the ball over? I think this game reveals how good our defense really is and the genius of Greg Williams.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #109
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 456
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA
When someone claims to believe in their team and then predicts that teams defeat against their rivals is beyond comprehension. All the years that Boston loss, some peple never counted Boston out. It takes a bold person to route for your team inspite of the rival.
I predicted the Redskins to win in a tight game 16-14. Regarding the Yankees and Red Sox, it is a different story, the Redskins don't have things like Bucky "Bleeping" Dent, and Aaron "Bleeping" Boone or the saga of Grady Little "Brain". Only because Kurt Schilling is probably one of the greatest big game pitchers of all time did they win against the Yankees. I remember clashing with you last year on Ramsey/Brunell, I am not going to waste my time this year.

You never backed up your prediction of the Skins putting up 31 points on the Cowboys D. How do you figure that?
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #110
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPainmaker
You got point Blue star and I think we will lose but a little closer than your prediction Dallas 16 Skins 13 in OT.
Well, we haven't seen Brunell in an entire game, so the cloud of scepticism is legitimate. Brunell played a decent game last season against Dallas and definitley looks better than the year before. If he can hold on to the ball and not create turnovers, the Redskins win by their defense alone.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #111
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ
I predicted the Redskins to win in a tight game 16-14. Regarding the Yankees and Red Sox, it is a different story, the Redskins don't have things like Bucky "Bleeping" Dent, and Aaron "Bleeping" Boone or the saga of Grady Little "Brain". Only because Kurt Schilling is probably one of the greatest big game pitchers of all time did they win against the Yankees. I remember clashing with you last year on Ramsey/Brunell, I am not going to waste my time this year.

You never backed up your prediction of the Skins putting up 31 points on the Cowboys D. How do you figure that?
Like everyone on this thread, my 31-13 prediction is a speculative prediction that could be classified as wishful thinking or confidence in this team led by a healthy Mark Brunell. I think the inclusion of Moss and Patten adds a feature to the passing game that we have lacked for a long time. The ability to catch the ball and carry it for 15 to 25yds. is something the Redskins will do against a suspect Dallas secondary. I do not believe Brunell will turn the ball over, which is consistent with his play in preseason and last weeks game. Gibbs mentioned in a press conference, "You are going to see a different Redskins team on Monday Night." I believe him.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM   #112
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 41
Posts: 1,501
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA
Williams knows Bledsoe which balances the equation. I think this is a game of turnovers. Who is most likely to turn the ball over? I think this game reveals how good our defense really is and the genius of Greg Williams.
A lot of coaches know the book on Bledsoe, since he's been in the league so long and his flaws and weaknesses are well-documented (sits in the pocket like a statue, prone to mistakes and turnovers, tends to crumble under pressure). Hopefully, Williams's experience with Bledsoe will be beneficial for the Washington defense on Monday night, but Wade Phillips has plenty of experience coaching against Bledsoe, and it didn't seem to help the Chargers defense in Week 1.

The Chargers were able to sack Bledsoe 4 times last week, but Bledsoe did not turn the ball over, despite the pressure from the Charger defense. The Redskins defense could be more effective at pressuring and confusing Bledsoe, but they will need to force turnovers in order to give the Redskins offense a chance to score, and that's where I start to get concerned.

The Redskins' defense may indeed fare better against the Cowboys than the Chargers did-- at least initially-- but the Redskins' offense is unlikely to be as successful as the Chargers were. In fact, I would say that this Redskins offense is more likely to turn the ball over and present more scoring opportunities for the Cowboys, even with Brunell at quarterback. And with Brunell at quarterback, the offense will probably see more three-and-out drives, since Brunell-- like Brees-- is less likely to attempt the "riskier" throw that will probably be necessary to move the ball against this Cowboys defense. That puts the Redskins' defense at a disadvantage.

I think this game will be close early on, but as the defense spends more and more time on the field, and Julius Jones gets to keep pounding away at them, the Cowboys offense will start finding chinks in Gregg Williams' armor.

This game really could go either way, and I agree it will be a defensive struggle, but I'm giving the Cowboys the homefield nod. Their defense will benefit from the crowd noise and force more turnovers and three-and-outs than the Redskins defense will be able to overcome. The offense would need to play virtually flawless football, and I just don't see that happening. It never does against the Cowboys.
__________________
Joe Crisp covered Redskins camps for TheWarpath.net for three years. He also covered Redskins Training Camp 2005 for The Daily Progress.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #113
Camp Scrub
 
TaylorsNotGuilty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

I think the whole greg williams knows bledsoe argument is overrated. That also means Bledsoe knows williams. You think that Parcells isnt sending the kitchen sink at bledsoe this week in practice?
__________________
Lets forget about QB's and direct snap to portis everytime.
TaylorsNotGuilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #114
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Carbondale CO
Age: 37
Posts: 2,956
Wink Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
A lot of coaches know the book on Bledsoe, since he's been in the league so long and his flaws and weaknesses are well-documented (sits in the pocket like a statue, prone to mistakes and turnovers, tends to crumble under pressure). Hopefully, Williams's experience with Bledsoe will be beneficial for the Washington defense on Monday night, but Wade Phillips has plenty of experience coaching against Bledsoe, and it didn't seem to help the Chargers defense in Week 1.

The Chargers were able to sack Bledsoe 4 times last week, but Bledsoe did not turn the ball over, despite the pressure from the Charger defense. The Redskins defense could be more effective at pressuring and confusing Bledsoe, but they will need to force turnovers in order to give the Redskins offense a chance to score, and that's where I start to get concerned.

The Redskins' defense may indeed fare better against the Cowboys than the Chargers did-- at least initially-- but the Redskins' offense is unlikely to be as successful as the Chargers were. In fact, I would say that this Redskins offense is more likely to turn the ball over and present more scoring opportunities for the Cowboys, even with Brunell at quarterback. And with Brunell at quarterback, the offense will probably see more three-and-out drives, since Brunell-- like Brees-- is less likely to attempt the "riskier" throw that will probably be necessary to move the ball against this Cowboys defense. That puts the Redskins' defense at a disadvantage.

I think this game will be close early on, but as the defense spends more and more time on the field, and Julius Jones gets to keep pounding away at them, the Cowboys offense will start finding chinks in Gregg Williams' armor.

This game really could go either way, and I agree it will be a defensive struggle, but I'm giving the Cowboys the homefield nod. Their defense will benefit from the crowd noise and force more turnovers and three-and-outs than the Redskins defense will be able to overcome. The offense would need to play virtually flawless football, and I just don't see that happening. It never does against the Cowboys.
Didnt your mama ever tell you, "If you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothin at all."

Seriously I think we beat the cowboys this time. Gibbs has a lot to prove in this game and we're going up against a Defense who depends on new players in key positions. I think Joe Gibbs will use that to his advantage and we will run on the new 3-4 defense enough to get them to stack the box, I just hope we have an answer for that. Pressure is our game, and we usually only shoot ourselves in the foot when we try to deviate from that game plan on D.

Skins 17
Dallas 9
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:57 AM   #115
Camp Scrub
 
agolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

16-13 skins
agolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 AM   #116
Camp Scrub
 
Americastrueteam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Age: 51
Posts: 13
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Washington 17
Dallas 10

Your right Joe doesnt have a great record agianst Parcells, but i think that it is time that we end this loseing streak agianst the Cowboys.
__________________
Who the hell ever voted Dallas as America's team.....I only have one word, RECOUNT
Americastrueteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:44 AM   #117
Camp Scrub
 
DC-aka_Dallas Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Age: 43
Posts: 3
Talking Re: Dallas Score Predictions

I slept with a Redskins fan last night and we are going to stick it the Redskins like I stuck it to her last night! and yes it was a blow out.
__________________
I just live here...does'nt mean I have to love it!

Last edited by DC-aka_Dallas Cowboys; 09-19-2005 at 08:00 AM.
DC-aka_Dallas Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:15 AM   #118
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 66
Posts: 1,812
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by agolland
16-13 skins

Welcome agolland! Look forward to more posts from you!

I agree! 16-13 Skins! I agree with Lady, where is the Skin support?
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #119
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 45
Posts: 89,621
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorsNotGuilty
I think the whole greg williams knows bledsoe argument is overrated. That also means Bledsoe knows williams. You think that Parcells isnt sending the kitchen sink at bledsoe this week in practice?
Ask Bledsoe about facing Belichick
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #120
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,920
Re: Dallas Score Predictions

Dallas 24
Wash 6

The skins are never in this game right from the beginning.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.09431 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25