Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What’s with Minnesota?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #31
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,245
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanga Skins
I think it's funny the way Randy has impacted two teams this year. the vikings AND raiders are both 0-2!
guess he really is a loser... but he's so talented :P
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #32
Special Teams
 
Wanga Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Westminster, MD
Age: 34
Posts: 135
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
guess he really is a loser... but he's so talented :P
maybe the raiders will trade randy for t.o. and losing will continue? how bout it?
Wanga Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #33
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

They're missing Matt Birk and Randy Moss, that's their big problem. Daseal mentioned it already, Moss opens up so much of the field just like TO does. Look at McNabb's accuracy stats before and after TO's arrival. It's like night and day, he has so much more space to throw into now because coverages roll to TO. Now Culpepper has lost that with Moss. To make matters worse, without Matt Birk they're about as effective at running the ball as we were last year with Raymer.

Some people were picking the Vikings for the Super Bowl. I just couldn't understand that. I don't understand how you can lose a WR that good and expect to be a better team, even if you did upgrade your D.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM   #34
Special Teams
 
PFunk26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grafton, WI
Age: 34
Posts: 355
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

SkinsFan I'm pretty sure it was 26 winfield that got burned on the chad johnson deepball
__________________
'I don’t care what it takes, we’re not leaving here without another ring.’ ”
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,408
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Some people were picking the Vikings for the Super Bowl. I just couldn't understand that. I don't understand how you can lose a WR that good and expect to be a better team, even if you did upgrade your D.
I didn't get that pick either.

The Vikes and Cards were media darlings in the preseason and the two trendy picks for having big seasons. Of course there's still 14 games to go and anything can happen, but I don't see it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk26
SkinsFan I'm pretty sure it was 26 winfield that got burned on the chad johnson deepball
I've only seen the clip once, but I heard them saying something about Smoot and Johnson talking trash before the game so I put 2 and 2 together but I'll try to catch it again before I leave for work to see if u r right.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

8-8 will almost certainly win the NFC North; and if a team won it at 7-9, I would not be shocked. That's why it MIGHT be a bit early for our trash-talk to be aimed at Mr. Smoot. I would REALLY be shocked if 8-8 or 7-9 would win the NFC East so he is probably still more likely to be on a division winner than any of the Redskins' players are. And division winners go to the playoffs no matter what their record...

The loss of Randy Moss is a big loss in Mnnny.

So is the loss of Matt Birk at center and having to play a rookie at guard next to the back-up center.

And so is the lack of ANY pass rush from the front four in the first two games. Remember how the Skins learned the lesson about what happens when the front four could not rush the passer back when Lionel Daulton and Jermaine Haley and that crowd were pretending to be NFL defensive linemen? Well, that lesson is now being taught to the fans in Minnesota. They'd be no worse off if Jesse "the Body" Ventura suited up and played some DT for them.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
VTSkins897's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 890
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

randy moss is a stud and you can't replace 5+ (whatever it was) years of chemistry overnight. in my opinion it was a mistake. the vikings will probably rebound a bit but i see them at 9-7 tops. as usual you cannot predict anything anymore though in the nfl today.
VTSkins897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #39
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
8-8 will almost certainly win the NFC North; and if a team won it at 7-9, I would not be shocked. That's why it MIGHT be a bit early for our trash-talk to be aimed at Mr. Smoot. I would REALLY be shocked if 8-8 or 7-9 would win the NFC East so he is probably still more likely to be on a division winner than any of the Redskins' players are. And division winners go to the playoffs no matter what their record...

The loss of Randy Moss is a big loss in Mnnny.

So is the loss of Matt Birk at center and having to play a rookie at guard next to the back-up center.

And so is the lack of ANY pass rush from the front four in the first two games. Remember how the Skins learned the lesson about what happens when the front four could not rush the passer back when Lionel Daulton and Jermaine Haley and that crowd were pretending to be NFL defensive linemen? Well, that lesson is now being taught to the fans in Minnesota. They'd be no worse off if Jesse "the Body" Ventura suited up and played some DT for them.
The only thing about the Vikes struggle, if we want to categorize it as such a thing so early, is that they've been playoff contenders year-in and year-out with some very talented teams and yet have produced nothing really. I don't how many times in the past five years or so the pundits consistently rate them as a team to make a run for the Super Bowl.

This could be, could be, the start of their decade of spiraling downard much like the Redskins did when Snyder took over. This may be the last we see of Tice and company if things don't improve this season.

Smooty may have, as they say in the financial world, bought high and sold low!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,245
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I didn't get that pick either.

The Vikes and Cards were media darlings in the preseason and the two trendy picks for having big seasons. Of course there's still 14 games to go and anything can happen, but I don't see it.
i remember last year, the saints AND seahawks were finally going to get it together, the cards were going to win their division and the vikes were going to improve greatly... basiaclly the same thing happened this year with the predictions, and they're just as wrong....

srta reminds me of the clip of behrman picking the bills/49ers superbowl matchup like 5 years in a row...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: What’s with Minnesota?

The Vikings have a tendency recently of starting hot and finishing cold, so maybe the trend is reversed this year?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25705 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25