Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brunell key to VICTORY!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #16
Camp Scrub
 
Skinfomaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Just when you thought we were done!!!!as i said on my prediction the game will be won on a last minute TD and the right man will step up and take us to the promise land!!!!this is frigggin awsome im still on cloud nine!!!! just keep crankin!!!
Hail to the REDSKINS
Nuff Said
Skinfomaniac:headbange:cheeky-sm:cool-smil
Skinfomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

That was truly classic last night!! How many of us remember through the years how the Boys have beaten us the very same way. Great performance in the end.

I was happy for Brunell as you all know I have always stuck up for him because I always thought he could do what he showed last night at the end of the game. I can imagine after all the talk he didn't want to come back to Washington a looser.

Hail Redskins!!! Rest up and keep it going.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

I can't wait for week 4. SO.... If the giants lose to SD this week (likely, IMHO) we'll be sitting...alone...IN FIRST PLACE IN THE NFC EAST
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #19
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,514
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

These comments may be for another thread, but I just want to say forget about Brunell's "noodle arm". That first TD pass was thrown for 50 yards in the air and the second was for 45 yards in the air. They were also both very "rainbow like" which allows a receiver to run under them and make the play. I hate to say this, but all things being equal Ramsey would have thrown "frozen ropes", with a very low trajectory and possibilty of being caught. If I have a QB who can throw 50 yards in the air, how much more of an arm on my QB do I need as a coach? If any of you have noticed McNabb's deep throws to T.O. in Week 2 or the preseason, he also throws "rainbows" that allow a receiver to run under them. What I guess I am saying is Brunell throws a very catchable ball. We need to work on that in the coming weeks and let him make more of these types of throws.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
What I guess I am saying is Brunell throws a very catchable ball. We need to work on that in the coming weeks and let him make more of these types of throws.
don't think anyone will argue with that. the question is only can he and will he?
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #21
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat the Cowboys
Brunell & Moss >> Montana & Rice
That's absurd.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
These comments may be for another thread, but I just want to say forget about Brunell's "noodle arm". That first TD pass was thrown for 50 yards in the air and the second was for 45 yards in the air. They were also both very "rainbow like" which allows a receiver to run under them and make the play. I hate to say this, but all things being equal Ramsey would have thrown "frozen ropes", with a very low trajectory and possibilty of being caught. If I have a QB who can throw 50 yards in the air, how much more of an arm on my QB do I need as a coach? If any of you have noticed McNabb's deep throws to T.O. in Week 2 or the preseason, he also throws "rainbows" that allow a receiver to run under them. What I guess I am saying is Brunell throws a very catchable ball. We need to work on that in the coming weeks and let him make more of these types of throws.
I AGREE 100 %. RAMSEY THROWS THE BALL WAY TO FLAT
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
STPainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 524
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
That's absurd.
I detected a level of sarcasm in the post, it is inferred.
__________________
REDSKINS FOR LIFE BEEETCH!!!!
STPainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:50 PM   #24
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPainmaker
I detected a level of sarcasm in the post, it is inferred.
Yeah, use the orange font when posting sarcasm, otherwise it can get lost.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

gibbs actually threw down the field throughout the game- the passes were either underthrown or had really good coverage... i truly believe the playbook is opening up for all four quarters. brunell just happened to complete the only ones when it counted.

good news!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:45 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
gibbs actually threw down the field throughout the game- the passes were either underthrown or had really good coverage... i truly believe the playbook is opening up for all four quarters. brunell just happened to complete the only ones when it counted.

good news!
yeah, it wasn't like the TD to Moss was the first deep attempt of the game. The playcalling wasn't the problem early on so much as the lack of execution and simply being outplayed by the Dallas D
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:17 PM   #27
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

I totally forgot about several plays Brunell made to keep the drives going despite a non-scoring effort. What it reveals is how Brunell never gave up and adjusted to the blitzing defense of Dallas and scrambled when he had to. I'm convinced more than ever before that we can win with the small core of guys like Thrash, Royal, Cooley,Portis, Betts and Moss to develop an offensive threat.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsFan3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 41
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

They dared him to go deep....good job brunell!!!
SkinsFan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #29
Camp Scrub
 
exit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vienna, Va.
Posts: 85
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin
Brunell's scramble was the biggest play of the game because we were dead in the water without it. To come back behind it and beat the blitz, good blitz pickup Portis, made it better.

The key to victory tonite is Moss. He was able to get open most of the night, suffered through the frustration of overthrows and missed reads for three quarters and his speed won the game. Great throws by Brunell, especially considering he can't throw the deep ball anymore .
Yeah... I hope after this game they start throwing the ball deep a few times early on to get the defense to play back some. Just throwing a couple early on, let alone completing them, will help keep the defense guessing and stop crowding the line to stop Portis. The other thing about Moss is that he WENT for the ball agressively both times.

And you make another good point... anybody who doubts Brunell's ability to throw deep is smoking something. Those 2 TDs passes were two of the prettiest throws I've seen in a long time.
exit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit0
And you make another good point... anybody who doubts Brunell's ability to throw deep is smoking something. Those 2 TDs passes were two of the prettiest throws I've seen in a long time.
Those were some damn fine passes from Brunell to Moss. He threw one of them into double coverage, but he read it perfectly and saw that Moss was going to beat the DBs. There is no question that Brunell's stock rose dramatically. I hope that we can see more of those in the coming weeks.

I just wonder, where was that Brunell during the first three quarters? If he can play anything close to what he played like in the last four minutes throughout an entire game (or even a half), he'll be a stud and take us into the playoffs.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30852 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25