Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brunell key to VICTORY!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 AM   #1
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Brunell key to VICTORY!

Brunell's 36 yd scramble (atleast that's my estimate from where he started his run) biggest play of the game. Then completing the 4th down pass to Thrash and both bombs to Moss. Brunell is hands down player of the game!!!
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,022
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Ahhhhh............................, the morning after. After so many years of waking up next to another "coyote ugly" loss to the Boys, we are basking in the afterglow of a stunning, Redskin victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And.............oh yea, for those Gibbs/Brunell naysayers, (can you smell the smoke of the cookin' fire) there will be plenty of crow for all in need. Though, Brunell is no Joe Montana, he did a damn good impression of it for 6 minutes last night. He also proved maybe he can handle a more complex game plan in the future (perfect time for a bye) It wasn't the prettiest game, but it has been YEARS since one felt so sweet. It also re-united me with feelings I haven't had since Joes's last tenure. The feeling that there, is still time on clock, and accompanying confidence that, they can still get it done. Not the dread that "thank god it is almost over". Of all the unlikely hero's of the game, Brunell refused to lay down and play dead, and victory was born on the seemingly worn out arm of a burned out, has been QB-(according to the media)
I think a monster corner was turned last night. The Skins proved they could do all things they have been unable to do for 10+ years, and it took Joe's return to get it done. It was a long way from perfect, and they have a long way to go, but...................THEY KICKED DALLAS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb
Brunell's 36 yd scramble (atleast that's my estimate from where he started his run) biggest play of the game. Then completing the 4th down pass to Thrash and both bombs to Moss. Brunell is hands down player of the game!!!
i think it was 25yards on a 3rd and 27, it was a great run though. I'd vote for moss for being open all day

the morning after is great.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
hurrykaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Age: 41
Posts: 762
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

the beauty of this win is: If we make a run and go 4-0 or 5-1, no one will be talking about a qb controversey, and Ramsey will calm down in the interest of being a team player on a winning team.

I liked Brunell's quip on Comast about how he thought he might never be able to go back to DC if they had lost last night.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,349
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
i think it was 25yards on a 3rd and 27, it was a great run though. I'd vote for moss for being open all day

the morning after is great.
Right, but I think he was referring to how far he actually had to run when you count in his dropback.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 42
Posts: 960
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Brunell's scramble was the biggest play of the game because we were dead in the water without it. To come back behind it and beat the blitz, good blitz pickup Portis, made it better.

The key to victory tonite is Moss. He was able to get open most of the night, suffered through the frustration of overthrows and missed reads for three quarters and his speed won the game. Great throws by Brunell, especially considering he can't throw the deep ball anymore .
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #7
Camp Scrub
 
Beat the Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 38
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Brunell & Moss >> Montana & Rice
Beat the Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1
Ahhhhh............................, the morning after. After so many years of waking up next to another "coyote ugly" loss to the Boys, we are basking in the afterglow of a stunning, Redskin victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And.............oh yea, for those Gibbs/Brunell naysayers, (can you smell the smoke of the cookin' fire) there will be plenty of crow for all in need. Though, Brunell is no Joe Montana, he did a damn good impression of it for 6 minutes last night. He also proved maybe he can handle a more complex game plan in the future (perfect time for a bye) It wasn't the prettiest game, but it has been YEARS since one felt so sweet. It also re-united me with feelings I haven't had since Joes's last tenure. The feeling that there, is still time on clock, and accompanying confidence that, they can still get it done. Not the dread that "thank god it is almost over". Of all the unlikely hero's of the game, Brunell refused to lay down and play dead, and victory was born on the seemingly worn out arm of a burned out, has been QB-(according to the media)
I think a monster corner was turned last night. The Skins proved they could do all things they have been unable to do for 10+ years, and it took Joe's return to get it done. It was a long way from perfect, and they have a long way to go, but...................THEY KICKED DALLAS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It DOSE FELL SO GOOD!!!!!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,349
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat the Cowboys
Brunell & Moss >> Montana & Rice
Canton here they come!

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #10
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Canton here they come!

Riding on a horse named,"Dallas."
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #11
Impact Rookie
 
redrock-skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 783
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

The scramble and the 4th down pass to Thrash were very huge. It was nice to see him finally pick up Roy Williams' blitz at the time we needed it most. I really thought a sack was coming.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #12
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,317
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Key Play! Ado Jimoh Tackle On The Final Play Of The Game!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

I'm so tired..but man am I so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM   #14
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Say what you will but those 2 deep throws were friggin' beautiful. The first TD on 4th and 15 was a beautiful lead throw. Look where Moss was when it left Brunell's hand. The 2nd throw was "Rypien-esque" in it's deep accuracy. Let's hope Mark B. can have some more of that.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #15
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Brunell key to VICTORY!

Let's hope that the playbook includes more of those long bombs, we have the personnel.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29196 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25