Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where are the apologies?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2005, 12:52 PM   #166
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna
Well I may have mentioned it under my breath, because I spent over 2 hours in dismay over what the hell I was watching on offense. I said we had questions. But it just feels like what I'm hearing, is basically that if you didn't agree with the decision to bench Ramsey, then you shouldn't be enjoying this win, because you were wrong, or that there should be no more questions because we got a huge win. Thats rediculous and demanding apologies is absurd. Its arrogant, offensive, and wayyyy too premature.
thats it exactly.... perfect
railcon56 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 PM   #167
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,739
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna
Well I may have mentioned it under my breath, because I spent over 2 hours in dismay over what the hell I was watching on offense. I said we had questions. But it just feels like what I'm hearing, is basically that if you didn't agree with the decision to bench Ramsey, then you shouldn't be enjoying this win, because you were wrong, or that there should be no more questions because we got a huge win. Thats rediculous and demanding apologies is absurd. Its arrogant, offensive, and wayyyy too premature.
Nobody's intention was to make hardcore Ramsey supporters feel they couldn't enjoy the win. Myself personally, I was hoping for everybody, for or against the QB switch, to enjoy the win. I didn't expect anyone to change their minds right away about the QB switch...although maybe to silence some of the crowd that felt Brunell's deep pass had left him.

It was a big, important win for us. It was one I had hoped would pull us together as fans. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. I'm sure in every win this team has ever had, there were things that could have been done better...but the point being made was that we picked up the W, despite how we went about in getting it. I think it makes it extra special knowing that we didn't have to rely on our Defense to score to pick up the W.

Those of us on the other side of the fense just get the feeling that fans less than thrilled about the QB switch were grudgingly accepting of the win, not necessarily happy we picked it up. If that's misread, I certainly apologize to those that this is directed toward. I would say 96% of fans on this board, myself included, realize there questions that need to be answered concerning our offense. I, myself, realize the last 4 minutes of the game doesn't solve our offensive woes....but it's a nice start towards solving them.

I do agree that it's a bit too premature to say the switch to Brunell is going to be a season long success. It might not be, but I'll welcome it if it is. I've said it before, I really don't care who the QB is, as long as we are putting up the Ws.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #168
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Where are the apologies?

monday night should've united us because it really hit on points from both camps and we still got a mammoth win with genuine hope for the future.

it's threads asking for apologies and dismissing plainly valid and relevant opinions that drove the wedge.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #169
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,942
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
Nobody's intention was to make hardcore Ramsey supporters feel they couldn't enjoy the win. Myself personally, I was hoping for everybody, for or against the QB switch, to enjoy the win. I didn't expect anyone to change their minds right away about the QB switch...although maybe to silence some of the crowd that felt Brunell's deep pass had left him.

It was a big, important win for us. It was one I had hoped would pull us together as fans. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. I'm sure in every win this team has ever had, there were things that could have been done better...but the point being made was that we picked up the W, despite how we went about in getting it. I think it makes it extra special knowing that we didn't have to rely on our Defense to score to pick up the W.

Those of us on the other side of the fense just get the feeling that fans less than thrilled about the QB switch were grudgingly accepting of the win, not necessarily happy we picked it up. If that's misread, I certainly apologize to those that this is directed toward. I would say 96% of fans on this board, myself included, realize there questions that need to be answered concerning our offense. I, myself, realize the last 4 minutes of the game doesn't solve our offensive woes....but it's a nice start towards solving them.

I do agree that it's a bit too premature to say the switch to Brunell is going to be a season long success. It might not be, but I'll welcome it if it is. I've said it before, I really don't care who the QB is, as long as we are putting up the Ws.
Great explanation, sums up my feelings as well.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 02:55 PM   #170
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Where are the apologies?

I just know we can get this thread over 2000 posts.
offiss is offline  
Old 09-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #171
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,942
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I just know we can get this thread over 2000 posts.
god I hope not
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 04:39 AM   #172
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Where are the apologies?

What a great site with great fans ..nothing like a spirited debate..this place is awesome...I know some of u guys think this sux but ..its a free debate and it's been fun ...Thank you ...been heaps of fun...
railcon56 is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #173
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
Those of us on the other side of the fense just get the feeling that fans less than thrilled about the QB switch were grudgingly accepting of the win, not necessarily happy we picked it up.
.


I think its agreed that a skins fan should never be disappointed in a win. Especially a monday night win over dallas. That should be just as absurd to you as it is to me. I don't care if Jerry Jones was our QB, if we beat dallas, I'm extatic.

BTW, sorry to bring this garbage back up. I just dont get as much time to read it as I used to lol.
EternalEnigma21 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #174
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
.....it's threads asking for apologies and dismissing plainly valid and relevant opinions that drove the wedge.
The wedge was driven in place WAY before this thread. I think your statement is the pot calling the kettle black.
For me the wedge was driven in when Ramsey fans would bad mouth any other QB but Ramsey. Then in the same breath talk about Ramsey in the same regard as some of the top NFL QB's....future probowl player...the next Brett Farve...etc. etc.
Ramsey played himself out of a job and that was hard to take for Ramsey fans.
So they blamed Gibbs and Brunell instead of Ramsey.

The Skins are 2-0 and some Redksins fans are not happy.
Amazing!
Defensewins is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #175
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
For me the wedge was driven in when Ramsey fans would bad mouth any other QB but Ramsey. Then in the same breath talk about Ramsey in the same regard as some of the top NFL QB's....future probowl player...the next Brett Farve...etc. etc.
Please show me where anyone did this...
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #176
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
Ramsey played himself out of a job and that was hard to take for Ramsey fans.
So they blamed Gibbs and Brunell instead of Ramsey.

The Skins are 2-0 and some Redksins fans are not happy.
Amazing!

I don't see that. He was looking very crisp against the bears and even at the end of last season... Some players are better game players than practice players... he had 1 half not enough for a starter ..brunell had how many games last year and he stunk up the joint... I am glad the skins won and I'm glad he made those 2 great passes ..but he stunk up the joint before that. Be fair.... i k
railcon56 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #177
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
The wedge was driven in place WAY before this thread. I think your statement is the pot calling the kettle black.
For me the wedge was driven in when Ramsey fans would bad mouth any other QB but Ramsey. Then in the same breath talk about Ramsey in the same regard as some of the top NFL QB's....future probowl player...the next Brett Farve...etc. etc.
find me ONE quote that mentioned Ramsey, ProBowl or Favre before this one. really now.

if there was a wedge, the storybook win monday night should have pulled it out, but no, now we have fans who are validly concerned for their favorite team *defending* unrelenting attacks from fans who are more concerned about being 'right' than our still obvious problems on offense.

we bad mouthed a QB who played *worse* than Ramsey in every category last year and don't think limited appearances in practice and 2nd half pre-season games are a good indicator of vast improvement. i know 4 miraculous minutes out of 96 is enough to erase Brunell's entire performance of 2004 for many of you, but tell me right now which is more unreasonable?
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #178
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: Where are the apologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
find me ONE quote that mentioned Ramsey, ProBowl or Favre before this one. really now.

if there was a wedge, the storybook win monday night should have pulled it out, but no, now we have fans who are validly concerned for their favorite team *defending* unrelenting attacks from fans who are more concerned about being 'right' than our still obvious problems on offense.

we bad mouthed a QB who played *worse* than Ramsey in every category last year and don't think limited appearances in practice and 2nd half pre-season games are a good indicator of vast improvement. i know 4 miraculous minutes out of 96 is enough to erase Brunell's entire performance of 2004 for many of you, but tell me right now which is more unreasonable?
Excellent post.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #179
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,942
Re: Where are the apologies?

This thread continues to go nowhere and I see no reason to continue it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33279 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25