Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ramsey for Abraham

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #31
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I have been working in a federal prison this semester and I don't think that dominant ass rushers are all that rare.
Dude.......When you say 'working'.....
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Why on earth would the Redskins consider trading Randy Thomas to the Jets? The skins are trying to build a cohesive OL which only comes from playing together. Why would they want to start over next year and rip apart the center of the line. That trade is nonsense and wishful thinking by the jets.

If the Jets want to work out something involving Ramsey and Abraham that's one thing, but lay off Randy Thomas...
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:51 PM   #33
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
yea i guess dominant ass rushers are pretty rare


unless you live in san francisco or your a cowBOYS fan.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #34
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,889
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
Why on earth would the Redskins consider trading Randy Thomas to the Jets? The skins are trying to build a cohesive OL which only comes from playing together. Why would they want to start over next year and rip apart the center of the line. That trade is nonsense and wishful thinking by the jets.

If the Jets want to work out something involving Ramsey and Abraham that's one thing, but lay off Randy Thomas...

Thank you.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
yea i guess dominant ass rushers are pretty rare
Gives whole new meaning to the phrase "lining up over the tight end"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
Dana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Age: 53
Posts: 130
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

It looks like Ramsey for Abraham might not be so ridiculous as some of you thought after all. It seems not many people are interested in him. That would drive his value down. They cannot keep him at that cap figure.

Texans | Team reportedly not interested in Abraham
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:52:09 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports someone close to Houston Texans general manager Charlie Casserly said the Texans have "no interest" in trading for New York Jets franchised DE John Abraham. "In fact, I spoke to a lot of people in Indianapolis (at the NFL Combine) who said they won't go near Abraham," the person said
.
__________________
"Home Field Advantage Throughout the '06 Playoffs"
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #37
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana87
It looks like Ramsey for Abraham might not be so ridiculous as some of you thought after all. It seems not many people are interested in him. That would drive his value down. They cannot keep him at that cap figure.

Texans | Team reportedly not interested in Abraham
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:52:09 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports someone close to Houston Texans general manager Charlie Casserly said the Texans have "no interest" in trading for New York Jets franchised DE John Abraham. "In fact, I spoke to a lot of people in Indianapolis (at the NFL Combine) who said they won't go near Abraham," the person said
.
he's whiny and there's no way we take him, cause we don't have enough money to afford a full roster right now, much less take on an 8mill contract.

its not happening.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #38
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

gotta trade ramsey for a draft pick, we have no cap space and we need a cheap rookie that can hopefully provide a little depth
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #39
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

without a cba,does the draft stay the same next year?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
skindogger47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 262
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
gotta trade ramsey for a draft pick, we have no cap space and we need a cheap rookie that can hopefully provide a little depth
yup
skindogger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #41
Special Teams
 
Dana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Age: 53
Posts: 130
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

I still say a deal will get done. I also think it will come after the blood bath tonight. After a bunch of veterans hit the market with nowhere to sign they will start putting presure on the NFLPA to get a deal done. And then the players we want we can resign and the players we dont, we wont
__________________
"Home Field Advantage Throughout the '06 Playoffs"
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #42
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana87
I still say a deal will get done. I also think it will come after the blood bath tonight. After a bunch of veterans hit the market with nowhere to sign they will start putting presure on the NFLPA to get a deal done. And then the players we want we can resign and the players we dont, we wont
hopeful thinking, that's not a bet i'd make though. once players are cut the cap hit is taken and resigning them would be a second hit (and even at vet min, we couldn't get them all back because of that).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,929
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

*** INTENTIONAL POT STIRRING ALERT ***
I don't see Ramsey restructuring his contract like Brunell did.. Where's his committment to the greater good of the team?!?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #44
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain
*** INTENTIONAL POT STIRRING ALERT ***
I don't see Ramsey restructuring his contract like Brunell did.. Where's his committment to the greater good of the team?!?
that's good.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #45
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Ramsey for Abraham

offiss,we know your out there somewhere
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29847 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25