Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Yeah, our defense had no penalities at all today. They allowed no rushing yards or TDs for LT at all. They gave our offense a shot at winning in overtime.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #47
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Seriously! How did he? He can't tackle to save his life.

He should have known better to have not stayed on the sidelines with the rest of the offensive unit while S.D.'s offense was on the field in overtime. He should dropped that water bottle and went after LT!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:23 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
Yeah, our defense had no penalities at all today. They allowed no rushing yards or TDs for LT at all. They gave our offense a shot at winning in overtime.
So WHAT IS yer point?

The Offence did good?!
The Defence is 100% to blame?
Both suck but D sucked more?
You have a crush on Brunell and he's the golden child?

The whole game and can play and noone is to blame until the LAST play? And they are the reason?

My point...the O sucks. Line can't block, Brunell chokes and they can't score on a fat chick in West VA.

Discuss
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Sammybaughfan

In skinsguy's defense, he has said that both the offense and defense need to improve.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Sammybaughfan

In skinsguy's defense, he has said that both the offense and defense need to improve.
Bwhahahaha!
Did that NEED to be said?
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #51
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
So WHAT IS yer point?

The Offence did good?!
The Defence is 100% to blame?
Both suck but D sucked more?
You have a crush on Brunell and he's the golden child?

The whole game and can play and noone is to blame until the LAST play? And they are the reason?

My point...the O sucks. Line can't block, Brunell chokes and they can't score on a fat chick in West VA.

Discuss

Thanks for making it personal. I appreciate it. At least try reading a few of my posts next time.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
Thanks for making it personal. I appreciate it. At least try reading a few of my posts next time.
I don't think he meant to personally attack you. At least, I didn't interpret his post to go after you personally. Perhaps another internet miscommunication?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:43 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I don't think he meant to personally attack you. At least, I didn't interpret his post to go after you personally. Perhaps another internet miscommunication?

No offense RF, but it really means nothing to me to hear that from anyone else but SBF. I can understand his frustration. We're all frustrated. But, I did find a touch personal. Not going to make a big deal about it. I'll just try to be the bigger man about it.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:44 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

I think everyone in every thread needs to drink a beer, take a deep breath, and think about someting other than football (and then return to this site).

On another topic, did anyone expect to beat San Diego?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

I can say sorry if you were offended. I was posting my thoughts and go figure my thoughts [like most folks] are not always excepted in the same way they are intended.

If the "crush on Brunell" comment offended you I am sorry but may I add that would be a little soft skinned after all the talk around here. I can tell you I think it's silly that THAT hurt your feeling but if your "feelings" really were hurt than I am sorry.

Oh and I did read all your comments and am still really looking for a point other than a rant and ranting to folks that reply.

Have a great day and Hail Skins
peace

NEXT!
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:55 PM   #56
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I think everyone in every thread needs to drink a beer, take a deep breath, and think about someting other than football (and then return to this site).

On another topic, did anyone expect to beat San Diego?
I actually did just for the reason that I didn't expect us to drop two games in a row at home, three games overall. I was surprised with how well we were shutting SD down for most of the game, but a little voice in the back of my head said that it couldn't last for the entire game. I do blame the defense for that, but certainly if our offense could have put up another TD, then I believe we would have had this game wrapped up. It's another argument of would've could've, should've. We didn't get the job done. I still believe overall this team has improved from last year, and at this point, I wouldn't be upset over 8-8 - however, I will be upset if this team ends up 6-10 again.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 05:57 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
I actually did just for the reason that I didn't expect us to drop two games in a row at home, three games overall. I was surprised with how well we were shutting SD down for most of the game, but a little voice in the back of my head said that it couldn't last for the entire game. I do blame the defense for that, but certainly if our offense could have put up another TD, then I believe we would have had this game wrapped up. It's another argument of would've could've, should've. We didn't get the job done. I still believe overall this team has improved from last year, and at this point, I wouldn't be upset over 8-8 - however, I will be upset if this team ends up 6-10 again.
I would be suicidal if we went 6-10. But going from 6-10 to 8-8 is a two game improvement. That's taking us from a really bad team to an average one. I can stomach that (barely).
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #58
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 770
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Another 1st rounder for an indredibly high pick.... i was hoping this woulnd't happen
Bushead is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #59
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,840
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

another amazing quote from joe gibbs after the game. "I think we fought our hearts out". That's nice, but you say that after every loss. At least stop being so conservative in the fourth and try and put up an insurmountable lead.
mooby is offline  
Old 11-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Who's a Better Coach: Gibbs or Schottenheimer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead
Another 1st rounder for an indredibly high pick.... i was hoping this woulnd't happen
I see us (or Denver rather) ending up with the 13th to 20th pick. I don't see Denver getting an "incredibly high pick."
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46460 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25