Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jaws on PTI

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Jaws on PTI

Jaws was at the game yesterday and said that his observation is the Skins and Gibbs will get it turned around but right now they get a lead and play not to lose and need to develop the killer instinct to put teams away. The difference, he said, between us and winning tams is they find ways to win and play accordingly..
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Jaws on PTI

we can pretty much score whenever we want to, but whenever we have the lead, they just run the ball or do little hitch routes. If you look at our 2 scoring drives, they actually did different plays and drove right up the field.
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
we can pretty much score whenever we want to, but whenever we have the lead, they just run the ball or do little hitch routes. If you look at our 2 scoring drives, they actually did different plays and drove right up the field.
I've been trying to be optimistic lately, but I think your contention that we can score at will but are too conservative to do so might be a tad too optimistic. But, we have displayed flashes of offensive firepower - just not on a consistent basis.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I've been trying to be optimistic lately, but I think your contention that we can score at will but are too conservative to do so might be a tad too optimistic. But, we have displayed flashes of offensive firepower - just not on a consistent basis.
well i know we can't score whenever we want, but whenever there was a short drive, it was just a bunch of hitch routes every play, or the typical goal-line run. the redskins looked like a different team on the scoring drives because the receivers actually did different routes
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
well i know we can't score whenever we want, but whenever there was a short drive, it was just a bunch of hitch routes every play, or the typical goal-line run. the redskins looked like a different team on the scoring drives because the receivers actually did different routes
I watched the game again and I'm sorry, but a lot of those hitches were check down throws where the other receivers were covered. Just because a pass goes for only 5 yards it doesn't necessarily mean that the coaches weren't looking for the deep ball.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Jaws on PTI

you are what you are.as long as coach gibbs is back,conservative play calling will be the norm.if you guys remember,we have 3 rings because of coach gibbs ability to control the clock
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
ST21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 519
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain
Jaws was at the game yesterday and said that his observation is the Skins and Gibbs will get it turned around but right now they get a lead and play not to lose and need to develop the killer instinct to put teams away. The difference, he said, between us and winning tams is they find ways to win and play accordingly..
Hum, somebody else has said that before...oh yeah it was me
__________________
SAY HELLO TO THE BAD GUY........
ST21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #8
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
you are what you are.as long as coach gibbs is back,conservative play calling will be the norm.if you guys remember,we have 3 rings because of coach gibbs ability to control the clock
Yes and no. Super Bowl against Denver was an aerial display. Gibbs does come from Air Coryell days. But I do agree that he has been a touch conservative this year.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Jaws on PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
you are what you are.as long as coach gibbs is back,conservative play calling will be the norm.if you guys remember,we have 3 rings because of coach gibbs ability to control the clock
Cant live on ur past ...we were all excited about gibbs coming back..and i still love the man but... i said the exact same thung jaws did awhile ago...no killer instinct!!!!
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21436 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25