Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #106
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilbert07
No, we need to stick with Brunell for the rest of the year.
However, we need to settle the QB situation before the start of next season, and I don't see much good in picking someone who will be 36 to be our starter for 2006, that's all.

But, because the guy is 36, is that any reason to bench him? John Elway won two Super Bowls in his upper 30's. His quarterback rating this year is probably either the best in his career or it's right up there with his best rating. If MB was playing behind the hogs right now, he'd probably be considered greater than Joe Montana.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #107
Impact Rookie
 
Twilbert07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 49
Posts: 594
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
But, because the guy is 36, is that any reason to bench him? John Elway won two Super Bowls in his upper 30's. His quarterback rating this year is probably either the best in his career or it's right up there with his best rating. If MB was playing behind the hogs right now, he'd probably be considered greater than Joe Montana.
That's a legitimate question. But I do feel that if Brunell starts next year, it will delay the development of a future starter, Campbell or whomever. Brunell's done an admirably adequate job as a stopgap, but I think that's all he is - a stopgap.
__________________
a Skins fan every day, every way.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #108
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilbert07
That's a legitimate question. But I do feel that if Brunell starts next year, it will delay the development of a future starter, Campbell or whomever. Brunell's done an admirably adequate job as a stopgap, but I think that's all he is - a stopgap.
I don't know if I would say it is delaying the development of the younger QBs. As far as on the field experience, I can see your point. However, a major part of their development is the mental aspects of the game. They have the advantage of watching a veteran qb run the offense. I think that goes a long way in qb development as well.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #109
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Thats kind of the point here, Ramsey really hasen't been given a chance under Gibbs.
Offiss I think your one of the few that understands all this ..thank god your on this board
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #110
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
Offiss I think your one of the few that understands all this ..thank god your on this board
Seriously, thank god. I can't understand why you guys aren't advisors to Gibbs by now.

[/playful jab not to meant to start a firestorm or criticism of my warpath ego]
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #111
Special Teams
 
FirstandTen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bristow VA
Age: 38
Posts: 254
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Thats kind of the point here, Ramsey really hasen't been given a chance under Gibbs.
Ramsey been given pleanty of chances.. He played under the OBC and last year under Gibbs and he didn't play well. He's played in the preseason and looked like shit. Look at his number from last year in 9 games.

Ramsey gp att comp % yds avy td lng INT rat
2004 9 169 272 62.1 1665 6.1 10 51 11 74.8
FirstandTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #112
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Seriously, thank god. I can't understand why you guys aren't advisors to Gibbs by now.

[/playful jab not to meant to start a firestorm or criticism of my warpath ego]
its all good matty i love this board as far as i'm concerned its the #1 sports site in the world!!
humor never hurts
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #113
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Thoughts on Ramsey and Brunell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
Ramsey been given pleanty of chances.. He played under the OBC and last year under Gibbs and he didn't play well. He's played in the preseason and looked like shit. Look at his number from last year in 9 games.

Ramsey gp att comp % yds avy td lng INT rat
2004 9 169 272 62.1 1665 6.1 10 51 11 74.8

Look if you can't see it Im not going to convince you, but you might want to check Brunells #'s under last year conditions, and take into account Ramsey came into some games trying to bail out the hole Brunell left for him, you also might want to take a look at the teams Ramsey faced when Gibbs finally made the switch, he came in against some of the best defenses in the NFL.

It's kind of funny that excuse after excuse is used why we have been losing, from our line play, to Royal dropping passes, which is fine and a big part of Brunells failure, but the same guy's who make excuses for Brunell because we can't run the ball, defend Portis to no end and constantly refer to his total rushing yards last season and compare him to elite RB's, and then scapegoat Brunell by blaming the running game, which is it?

It's not as if Ramsey didn't run into those same type of situations when he played, like recievers running the wrong routes while he recieves blame for INT's or fumbling after a cheap shot to the throat.

Some keep refering to the bears game as a big deal now that we have seen the kind of defense the bears possess, well how many QB's have drove the ball on the bears? Because Ramsey had 2 drives before he was yanked in 1 quarter, and more passing yards in 1 quarter than Brunell had all game, yes he had an INT which apperently was more Gibbs fault than anyone he is responsible to have the WR's making the right reeds, does anyone really want to bring up fumbling when talking about Brunell and Ramsey? Both are equally as bad or Brunell is worse, it's one or the other.

Yes, last week we had a big holding penalty that probably cost us the game no doubt, and no Brunell didn't hold the guy, but it's his resposibility as a leader to pick the team up there and he didn't, he didn't need to get a first down but how bout getting 5 to 10 yards to put us in legitamate fieldgoal range, once again he couldn't do it, and those are the situations some of us are talking about, when the game is on the line and we need not a spectacular play, but a first down, or 5 yards, if Brunell is everything he's made out to be then he should be able to come through there, that's what a 43 mil QB is supposed to do, be a difference maker with the game in the balance.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23863 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25