Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


(Mega Merged Thread) Redskins-Dallas Game

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #46
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

This game is the biggest of the year for both teams without a doubt.

If Washington wins, they own sole possesion of second in the NFC East because they own the tie-breaker over Dallas. Also it puts them is position for the NFC Wild Card because of that tie-breaker. Dallas cannot afford to loose this week. This is even a bigger game than the KC game.

However if Washington looses, then that puts them 2 games out of the wild card race with 2 games to play, and even if they win out against New York and Philly, they would still need help from other teams to have a prayer at the post season. Tampa, Atlanta and Carolina would have to loose thier final two games for WAshington to have a chance at the Wild-Card.

Both teams play-off aspirations will be at stake. The winner has a legitimate shot at the Wild-Card, while the loser will most likely watch the play-offs on TV like the rest of us.

My concern is the matchup on the left side. In week 2 Dallas had a Pro-Bowl Tackle there with Flozell Adams. Adams went down Oct 16th and is out for the season. Torrin Tucker is starting at LT and he is not near as good as Adams.

Greg Williams is really good at disguising biltz packages and I think that Tucker may get burned.

When these 2 defensive coordinators square off, there is not a lot of scoring. GOnna be a nail biter. The game will be decided in the 4th quarter, and with the depth that Dallas has on the defensive front, it gives them the edge because of thier ability to rotate defenders and keep players rested for the later quarters. This will be the deciding factor.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #47
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

CRT3...WAZZUP? Just thought I would drop by for a spell.

Although keying on Portis and Moss sounds like the thing to do for the Dallas defense, we will have to see how that pans out.

I think the key to this game is not Portis, or Julius Jones or Moss. I think the player to watch this weekend is Keyshawn Johnson.

With the Redskin secondary being dinged up, Greg Williams will devise a series of blitz packages to bring the heat to Beldsoe. With consistent pressure from the front 7, that will force early releases and errant throws, and that will make even a mediocre DB look good.

In week 2 we had Flozell Adams at LT. He went down for the season in October, and Torrin Tucker is starting at LT. Williams will try and exploit this, and he will try and exploit the rookie RT, Rob Pettiti. So I expect the Redskins to blitz for most of the game to force early throws and get Bledose out of rythm. I think Witten will be kept in the backfield to help block most of the day and he won't get many touches.

But, with an injured secondary, Bledsoe will look to quick slants to Keyshawn to move the chains. That is Johnsons bread and butter, and what he does best. And with back-up DB's covering a seasoned Keyshawn, that could hurt the Redskins all day long. A quick slant to Keyshawn to beat the blitz will cause the Redskins defense to back off a bit and rely on the front 4 to put pressure on Bledsoe. And if that happens, then MBII and JJ get in the act and Witten too.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #48
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,505
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

We all know that the Cards and the Rams were bad teams, but I have been excited by Portis's running the pass couple of games. If we can keep that up and maybe win the turnover battle (something we have not done all year, don't hope for it) The Skins can win a close game. I kind of think Dallas has a little more talent than our beloved Skins right now, but Bledsoe fumbles just like Brunell, so maybe we will get to him this time.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #49
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
We all know that the Cards and the Rams were bad teams, but I have been excited by Portis's running the pass couple of games. If we can keep that up and maybe win the turnover battle (something we have not done all year, don't hope for it) The Skins can win a close game. I kind of think Dallas has a little more talent than our beloved Skins right now, but Bledsoe fumbles just like Brunell, so maybe we will get to him this time.

Portis has run well the past couple of games like you said, but that was against the Cardinals and the Rams. Arizona is #18 against the run and gives up an average of 113 ypg and St Louis is way down at #30 surrendering an abysmal 136 ypg. So running on those two defenses is not that hard to do.

LJ rang up 143 against Dallas last weekend, and that dropped the Cowboys to #13 against the run. This is a guy that averaged over 135 per game for the past 4 or 5 games too. Says a lot about the KC O-Line, which is far superior to either Dallas or Washington.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan
What has Taylor Jacobs ever shown any of us to make us think this is the game he will "step up"? The guy is a bust. Put in Antonio Brown running a fly pattern everytime and wear out their DBs.
Ironically, the Skins could have drafted Anquan Boldin when the OBC and The Danny opted for Jacobs. Wouldn't Boldin look great in burgundy and gold about now. If Jacobs continues to come up small in this crucial stretch, you really have to question his chances of returning next year. Now is his time to stand up and be counted.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 PM   #51
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack
CRT3...WAZZUP? Just thought I would drop by for a spell.

Although keying on Portis and Moss sounds like the thing to do for the Dallas defense, we will have to see how that pans out.

I think the key to this game is not Portis, or Julius Jones or Moss. I think the player to watch this weekend is Keyshawn Johnson.

With the Redskin secondary being dinged up, Greg Williams will devise a series of blitz packages to bring the heat to Beldsoe. With consistent pressure from the front 7, that will force early releases and errant throws, and that will make even a mediocre DB look good.

In week 2 we had Flozell Adams at LT. He went down for the season in October, and Torrin Tucker is starting at LT. Williams will try and exploit this, and he will try and exploit the rookie RT, Rob Pettiti. So I expect the Redskins to blitz for most of the game to force early throws and get Bledose out of rythm. I think Witten will be kept in the backfield to help block most of the day and he won't get many touches.

But, with an injured secondary, Bledsoe will look to quick slants to Keyshawn to move the chains. That is Johnsons bread and butter, and what he does best. And with back-up DB's covering a seasoned Keyshawn, that could hurt the Redskins all day long. A quick slant to Keyshawn to beat the blitz will cause the Redskins defense to back off a bit and rely on the front 4 to put pressure on Bledsoe. And if that happens, then MBII and JJ get in the act and Witten too.
Sandtrap, my man you sound like a smart dude.

Like your analysis.

I think it will be ball control allllll dayyyyy longgggg by the Cowboys cause BP isn't worried about the quick strike offense of Washington.
I worry about Daniels. He had a good game against us last time.

If the game comes down to Key, then that has top favor Dallas.
Once again for all the Skins fans who didn't see. I am predicting
Big D 27 - Skins 13.

I will be here all week before and after the game.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
skins052bgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 288
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan
What has Taylor Jacobs ever shown any of us to make us think this is the game he will "step up"? The guy is a bust. Put in Antonio Brown running a fly pattern everytime and wear out their DBs.
Whatever did Patrick Crayton show last year to ever make us think he was going to break out? That is why they play the games and we are watching, because somebody who knows more than us thinks they can make a play. Try to rain on my parade all you want, but somebody is going to step up in my poor pathetic Redskins fan mind and help us win this game and nobody will convince me different until they actually do lose the game. It just takes one play, one stumble, one step for someone to be the hero and someone be the terd. If you can't get up for this game or even think something positive of your team something is seriously wrong as a fan of the Skins. No team in the NFC is playing that great with the exception of Seattle and guess what we beat them, who cares if it was a missed field goal, we lost many on last plays or drives all year.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #53
Special Teams
 
skins052bgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 288
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister
Ironically, the Skins could have drafted Anquan Boldin when the OBC and The Danny opted for Jacobs. Wouldn't Boldin look great in burgundy and gold about now. If Jacobs continues to come up small in this crucial stretch, you really have to question his chances of returning next year. Now is his time to stand up and be counted.
Boldin would look better, but true he was Surrier guy and not a need at the time, but what they called the best available player at the time.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #54
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

Sorry I do not see Dallas scoring 27 on the road against the 'SKins defense. Coupled with Tucker on the left and Pettiti on the right, the play calling will (unfortunately) be ultra-conservative again.

If you notice the only time that Parcells "opens up the playbook" is at home in Texas Stadium. If he is going to have Bledoe throw the ball in excess of 30 times this weekend it will be in front of a very loud and hostile crowd. That is just programming our young tackles for failure by them getting numerous false starts from the noise and having to pass block.

I think MB3 gets most of the carries in the first half, and then when he has softened up the defense, Julius will come in late in the third quarter, fresh and rested.

Low scoring affair when these two defensive coordinators square off.

Dallas 13 Washington 10
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #55
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Why can't all Dallas fans be like this guy? A classy Dallas fan who roots for his team while being respectful.
I was thinking the exact same thing, but DAMMIT we don't compliment Dallas fans, even the nice, classy ones during Skins-Cowgirls week! At least wait until Monday to tell 5RINGS what a class-act he is.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #56
Camp Scrub
 
NFLeurope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 85
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

TAYLOR JACOBS IS GONNA BE A STUD FOR THE SKINS!!! TAKE IT TO THE BANK! The question is when (The answer...hopefully this weekend)
NFLeurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Personally I'm not ready to write TJ off as a complete bust.

Other than Moss and Cooley, nobody in this offense has received many looks.

Patten didn't see many balls go his way, and we assumed it was all on him.

Now TJ isn't getting many looks, and again we assume it must be him.

Perhaps Brunell is just so locked in on Cooley and Moss that the #2 WR isn't getting a fair shake. I think it's fair to say that could be the case. If Moss and Cooley are the first two options, then technically TJ or Patten are then the #3 WR and most #3 WR's in this league don't rack up huge numbers.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #58
Camp Scrub
 
22stillrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Sunday the...




for the Ratskins!
22stillrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
gortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Re: Cowboys-Redskins: Bad Matchups

Flea Flicker anyone? :headbange
__________________
"If people are underestimating us," Jansen said, "there will be a rude awakening this year."
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #60
Camp Scrub
 
22stillrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Re: Dallas will get sweet revenge

Revenge will be sweet!

I agree largely with sandtrapjack. Both teams will rely on their defenses. Both defenses will show up as well. I think both teams will stuggle on offense, but in the end Burnell's declining play will give the Cowboys the win.

Oh, and Roy gets a safety!

Dallas 15
Ratskins 10

Bad Snyder, bad.
22stillrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35189 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25