Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Let's talk weather for the Game....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,521
Let's talk weather for the Game....

Ok, according to The Weather Channel, we are looking at a high of 40 and a low of 27 on Sunday in D.C. I have to think that by 4pm it won't be 40 and by 6:30:pm or 7pm it will be below freezing..... I kind of like our chances in that kind of weather over Dallas. I noticed on redskins.com that the guys practiced in the snow the other day. Portis sort of wants snow, and I loved his attitude about the cold weather. He did play in Denver after all, and it is neat to hear coming from a Miami guy, that he likes the cold weather.

What do you guys think?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I think that I like our chances in a sloppy weather game, because I think we can power run on the Dallas D a bit better than they can power run on us. But if it's just cold and not sloppy, I don't think we'll draw very much advantage from that.

In the end, I don't think weather will be that much of a factor because it doesn't look like it's going to get sloppy. I do think we'll have a good homefield advantage though, Fedex is going to be nuts!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,061
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I think it can't hurt! I think it will hamper them, more than us. I think we have a better chance of takin' this one to the house on the ground than they do! I think................. I am about to jump outta' my DAMN SKIN with anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Bledsoe has spent a lot of time throwing in cold weather, between Buffalo and New England. So unless it's snowing or raining, I don't think weather will affect him.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,521
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
I think that I like our chances in a sloppy weather game, because I think we can power run on the Dallas D a bit better than they can power run on us. But if it's just cold and not sloppy, I don't think we'll draw very much advantage from that.

In the end, I don't think weather will be that much of a factor because it doesn't look like it's going to get sloppy. I do think we'll have a good homefield advantage though, Fedex is going to be nuts!
It does work both ways, but I hope it gets in Dallas's head a little. We all know that guys like Bledsoe and Keyshawn have played in cold weather, but if we can pound their D a little bit, maybe by the 4th Qtr they will wear down some. I guess the key is to not get behind so we can stay with our game plan. We need to score first and put the pressure on Dallas.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?
The only way it could get better will be walking out of the stadium around 8 with a victory. The only thing that concerns me with the weather is that we have turned the ball over alot in good conditions and bad weather will make it even harder to hold on to the ball.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #8
Special Teams
 
Cooley 350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 209
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I love it, a cold weather game in December with the playoffs on the line in front of 90,000+ and Dallas coming to town.

Could it get any better than this?
I honestly dont think it can. I am so excited I feel like I'm just bouncing off the walls of the office in anticipation. I just cant wait to get to FedEx & see the glory of the 12th man.
__________________
<PeterGriffinVoice> Lotta Honky's In Here... </PeterGriffinVoice>
Cooley 350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,521
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
The only way it could get better will be walking out of the stadium around 8 with a victory. The only thing that concerns me with the weather is that we have turned the ball over alot in good conditions and bad weather will make it even harder to hold on to the ball.
Firstdown, You are right, Brunell in particular has fumbled at least once in the past 4 or 5 games. Whe he gets sacked, I get worried!!!! Everyone needs to put on their sticky gloves this week!
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #10
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
Ok, according to The Weather Channel, we are looking at a high of 40 and a low of 27 on Sunday in D.C. I have to think that by 4pm it won't be 40 and by 6:30:pm or 7pm it will be below freezing..... I kind of like our chances in that kind of weather over Dallas. I noticed on redskins.com that the guys practiced in the snow the other day. Portis sort of wants snow, and I loved his attitude about the cold weather. He did play in Denver after all, and it is neat to hear coming from a Miami guy, that he likes the cold weather.

What do you guys think?
I have a hard time believing that in the absence of snow or rain, a 40 degree or 27 degree temperature will make a bit of difference. These are all highly-trained athletes (on both sides of the ball) - they can handle a slightly chilly evening.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
Special Teams
 
gibbs4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: chocowinity nc
Age: 45
Posts: 282
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

to me it doesn,t matter with the weather.
it,s up to the redskins hail,snow ,sunshine or in a rainstorm.
we have the season riding on this game so the redskins better want thiusreal bad.

do some head hunting.
__________________
with the sixth pick dan synder selects......daniel synder ...to find someone that will be a better fit for the front office..
gibbs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:41 AM   #12
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,516
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

hey gibbs4life,ive been a redskin fan since 1969 too.does this make us old farts?i think the weather could help us because slowly but surely,we are turning into a pretty good running team.dallas' run game doesnt scare me at all.
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
Special Teams
 
skindogger47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 262
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I just want to see our offensive line's syncronized breathing. I love seeing o and d lines square up like raging bulls.
skindogger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #14
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Let's talk weather for the Game....

I wish they could play this game at RFK....yeah Baby!!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27296 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25