Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

As if we needed another Mark Brunell thread or debate, I'm gonna go ahead and do the honors anyway.

With the Pro-Bowl selections due any day now, I've been going over the NFC selections over and over again. (Comparing stats and QB ratings, and some intangibles.) And for the life of me, I think Mark Brunell is deserving to be selected to the Pro-Bowl.

Partly because of injuries to some key players such as McNabb and a few others in the NFC has left a poor pool to choose from this year, and partly because the overall play of NFC quarterbacks has been unspectacular this year.

I have my three selections this way: If there will be four QBs selected, my fourth would be Mike Vick.

Matt Hasselback
Jake Delhomme (sp)
Mark Brunell

Please discuss.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Eli is going to get a spot simply because the media loves him. Brunell will probably be an alternate.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

eli manning is getting close to mike vick as being the most over rated player in the nfl.mark brunell is deserving but its close to him and drew bledsoe
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,808
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I have my three selections this way: If there will be four QBs selected, my fourth would be Mike Vick.

Matt Hasselback
Jake Delhomme (sp)
Mark Brunell

Please discuss.

Don't you have some statistics, or QB ratings, or something to back this?

__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
skins052bgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 288
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

No way is Vick worthy of a pro bowl selection this year, very athletic but he is not having a pro bowl year. Brunell stands a chance, but fan favorites will be

Eli
Matt Hasslebeck

maybe Delhomme

The cowboys get much love so based on the media and cowboys I say Bledsoe gets in over Brunell. Though he should get it over Bledsoe.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Hasselbech is a definate, Brunell should be a definate for the NFC as well. He is almost at 3000 yards,(2800), 20td and only 8 picks. the other spot could go to either Delhomme or Manning. Delhomme is over rated, Steve Smith bailes him out so many times its rediculous. I live in charlotte so Carolina is on all the time, the guys throws off his back foot and heaves it up for smith to catch it. If Brunell doesn't get it, its a joke. The guy has great numbers.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow
Don't you have some statistics, or QB ratings, or something to back this?

I'll compare Eli and Brunell since I didn't vote for him.

Brunell- 2800 yds.
58.9 % comp. pct.
87.0 rating
20 TDs
8 ints.

Manning - 3314 yds.
52.6 % comp. pct.
75.4 rating
22 TDs
16 ints.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,312
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Eli is trash... Seriously.

Vick is a great player, but only marginal QB.

Bledsoe cant win a game.

its sad to say, but i think brunell makes it. especially since culpepper and mcnabb are out.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Brunell will definitely get some consideration but I won't be surprised if he's only an alternate.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #10
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,504
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Eli and Matt have better overall stats and their teams are playoff bound. Everyone else is a crapshoot, but Brunell has the best chance to be the 3rd guy.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
eli manning is getting close to mike vick as being the most over rated player in the nfl.mark brunell is deserving but its close to him and drew bledsoe
I think by virtue of this last weekend Brunell gets a mjaority of the nods from the voters over Bledsoe.

Overall I think Hassleback is a lock, Delhomme probably is 2nd and the third spot is between Brunell and Eli. Who knows which way that goes. I think both have had some good moments and some not so good moments. Either way in normal eyar neither gets a nod. Guys like McNabb and Culpepper will alwasy go ahead. If Brad Johnson had a few more games under his belt he'd be a lock.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
I think by virtue of this last weekend Brunell gets a mjaority of the nods from the voters over Bledsoe.

Overall I think Hassleback is a lock, Delhomme probably is 2nd and the third spot is between Brunell and Eli. Who knows which way that goes. I think both have had some good moments and some not so good moments. Either way in normal eyar neither gets a nod. Guys like McNabb and Culpepper will alwasy go ahead. If Brad Johnson had a few more games under his belt he'd be a lock.
I think you're right. I might add, if the voting were after this Sunday's game, that might affect the outcome as well.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Ok I know you guys will laugh at this question, but is the Pro Bowl selection 100% fan choice? Because if it is I do not think Brunell will get it. If its not and it is a combination of media and whatever else, I think he might. Nevertheless, I doubt he will be a starter, simply because Brunell has not been consistent throughout the year. There were some games where he looked really bad. But at the same time who else has not been inconsistent in the NFC. Pretty much all the QB's have had ups and downs. God I hope Vick doesn't get in, hes a great athlete but he is a terrible QB, and I do not think he will ever win a SuperBowl. I think I saw some sports writer who said that too, but I think its simply because he is NOT a good pocket passer, and all the good teams in the NFL mainly have pocket passer. Anyways that is a totally different debate, end of my rambling.
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:06 PM   #14
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
Ok I know you guys will laugh at this question, but is the Pro Bowl selection 100% fan choice? Because if it is I do not think Brunell will get it. If its not and it is a combination of media and whatever else, I think he might. Nevertheless, I doubt he will be a starter, simply because Brunell has not been consistent throughout the year. There were some games where he looked really bad. But at the same time who else has not been inconsistent in the NFC. Pretty much all the QB's have had ups and downs. God I hope Vick doesn't get in, hes a great athlete but he is a terrible QB, and I do not think he will ever win a SuperBowl. I think I saw some sports writer who said that too, but I think its simply because he is NOT a good pocket passer, and all the good teams in the NFL mainly have pocket passer. Anyways that is a totally different debate, end of my rambling.
I believe it's 1/3 fans, 1/3 coaches and 1/3 players.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
Ok I know you guys will laugh at this question, but is the Pro Bowl selection 100% fan choice? Because if it is I do not think Brunell will get it. If its not and it is a combination of media and whatever else, I think he might. Nevertheless, I doubt he will be a starter, simply because Brunell has not been consistent throughout the year. There were some games where he looked really bad. But at the same time who else has not been inconsistent in the NFC. Pretty much all the QB's have had ups and downs. God I hope Vick doesn't get in, hes a great athlete but he is a terrible QB, and I do not think he will ever win a SuperBowl. I think I saw some sports writer who said that too, but I think its simply because he is NOT a good pocket passer, and all the good teams in the NFL mainly have pocket passer. Anyways that is a totally different debate, end of my rambling.
The voting for Pro-Bowl and the ALL-Pro selections are different. The latter, I believe, excludes fans.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31377 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25