Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #46
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
I have a friend who knows someone important on the Pro Bowl Selection Committee, and this is the REAL reason Sean Taylor didn't get selected:

They wanted to pick him over Roy "Horse Collar" Williams, but the Pro Bowl game conflicted with his court date.



Don't mean to player-hate (literally) on ST, but I do think that off season rediculousness is justification for not making the roster, despite how well he played all season. If he can put together a full season w/o involving the police and show he can be a solid "cetizen" and role model - then he'll be ready to represent the NFL in the Pro Bowl.
Wrong charlie!!!
One Koren Robinson is on the team in the same season he came back from a drug suspension and rehab. That thought contrdicts the thought that he wasn't character enough. He got left off because he doesn't play the media game so he doesn't get the media props he deserves.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #47
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
If he can put together a full season w/o involving the police and show he can be a solid "cetizen" and role model - then he'll be ready to represent the NFL in the Pro Bowl.
Ahhh... so that explains why other players who have had legal troubles(Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, etc.) never made a Pro Bowl after their legal problems. Crap, wait a minute...
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #48
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Wrong charlie!!!
One Koren Robinson is on the team in the same season he came back from a drug suspension and rehab. That thought contrdicts the thought that he wasn't character enough. He got left off because he doesn't play the media game so he doesn't get the media props he deserves.
interesting.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #49
Special Teams
 
Ade Jimoh Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 410
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Wrong charlie!!!
One Koren Robinson is on the team in the same season he came back from a drug suspension and rehab. That thought contrdicts the thought that he wasn't character enough. He got left off because he doesn't play the media game so he doesn't get the media props he deserves.

Don't read too much into it, dude - I simply don't want any gangstas representing MY Redskins in the Pro Bowl, despite their talent. I want guys like Daryl Green, Art Monk, Clinton Portis (aka class acts) representing us. Guys like Santana Moss, who have turned it around on and off the field - I'm all for that! To me, it doesn't matter how many guys we send; it's quality not quantity.

I understand that the Pro Bowl Selection Committe doesn't give a purple poop about character or offseason gunfights. I guess that even though I'm a HUGE fan of ST (on the field), I'm still very, very disappointed in how he handled himself off the field. It's not forgotten. ST got some room for improvement yet!
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:55 PM   #50
Special Teams
 
Ade Jimoh Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 410
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Also, everyone always gets in a tizzy after the list comes out, but there's a lot more reasons to NOT have Redskins on the team:

1) They could get hurt
2) A lot of the players have pay incentives if they make the Pro Bowl. This means less room in the cap to bring in that stud DE everyone keeps jacking about.
3) It gives them a reason to work harder next year
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #51
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Also, everyone always gets in a tizzy after the list comes out, but there's a lot more reasons to NOT have Redskins on the team:

1) They could get hurt
2) A lot of the players have pay incentives if they make the Pro Bowl. This means less room in the cap to bring in that stud DE everyone keeps jacking about.
3) It gives them a reason to work harder next year
Do incentives like that count against the cap?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #52
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
2) A lot of the players have pay incentives if they make the Pro Bowl. This means less room in the cap to bring in that stud DE everyone keeps jacking about.
Generally, incentives don't count against the cap. They just take money out of the owners pocket.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #53
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Don't read too much into it, dude - I simply don't want any gangstas representing MY Redskins in the Pro Bowl, despite their talent. I want guys like Daryl Green, Art Monk, Clinton Portis (aka class acts) representing us. Guys like Santana Moss, who have turned it around on and off the field - I'm all for that! To me, it doesn't matter how many guys we send; it's quality not quantity.

I understand that the Pro Bowl Selection Committe doesn't give a purple poop about character or offseason gunfights. I guess that even though I'm a HUGE fan of ST (on the field), I'm still very, very disappointed in how he handled himself off the field. It's not forgotten. ST got some room for improvement yet!
I really don't want to start this discussion again, but what makes you think Sean Taylor is a gangsta.

He wasn't convicted of anything yet.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #54
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
I posted this in another thread, but it's valid here too.

Atlanta with Vick as the starter: 33-21-1 (61.1 win%)
Atlanta without Vick as the starter: 9-18 (33.3 win%)



i was talking about vick giving the nfc probowl team the best chance to win, not the atlanta falcons.:smashfrea
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #55
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Generally, incentives don't count against the cap. They just take money out of the owners pocket.
I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that increases one's base salary as well.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:01 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
Ade Jimoh Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 410
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I really don't want to start this discussion again, but what makes you think Sean Taylor is a gangsta.

He wasn't convicted of anything yet.

Why would he put himself in that kind of situation?? Agreed he's not been convicted, but if you think he made "role model" decisions that night, we need to talk...


WWAMD?
What Would Art Monk Do?
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #57
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
The Pro Bowl is a game that plays to a very empty house. The ratings on TV are only slightly better than for a Ron Popeil infomercial on his new invention - the water soluble life raft.

Essentially, no one gives a rat's ass about this game.

Yet, every year, people get excited about who will go to play in this game that no one cares about and who was wrongfully excluded from playing in this game that no one cares about. I just don't get that.

Sean Taylor had a much better year than Roy Williams did this year. And remember, I'm the guy who thinks Sean Taylor is an unredeemed M E A T H E A D.

Mark Brunell has had a better year than Michael Vick.

Markus Washington deserves some kind of recognition for his play this year - - although I can't find a lot of fault with the OLBs picked for the NFC squad.
You are right to a certain extent.

I have personally attended 8 Pro Bowls. The game is always sold out, and what the league looses in TV viewing is made up for in merchandising and week long player events. The networks take the loss on the viewing part, since they are the ones paying the NFL. NFL gets thier money whether people watch or not.

For me what was more fun than the game, was attending all of the player events during the week leading up tp the game, like the rookie sand flag football game, media day and of course fan day. They have a few golf tourneys too for charity. You pay an outlandish donation and get a round of golf with a pro-bowl player.

But of course, but they league puts so many rules on the play that it can hardly be called an exhibition game.

They are only allowed to run certain defenses, and certain type of blitz's etc. The primary reason being to reduce injuries.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #58
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan
I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that increases one's base salary as well.
To be a little more specific, incentives that are not LTBE(likely to be earned) do not count against the cap. Since Taylor has never made a Pro Bowl, that would be a non LTBE incentive, and not count against the cap.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #59
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins!
Yes, the fans, coaches, and media all agree that he could use an additional game and coaching each year to try to improve his coverage skills.
I'm sorry I know his trashing one of my players but this is some funny shit
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #60
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sean Taylor going to the Pro Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
U know damm well Taylor should be going over his weak ass
they only took 1 FS to the PB from the nfc and Sharper had a much better year than ST you can't argue that 1 tell me wath other SS played better than Roy Mike Brown had a better year but he played in a better defense.

In my point of view you got screwed with Washington I've said it a lot of times he's your best Def player.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31729 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25