Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Meetup


Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Redskins Meetup


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #16
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Don't know the details but if some of it goes to a charity then that's cool
Most of these things don't go to charity unless it is advertised as that.
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Don't know the details but if some of it goes to a charity then that's cool
Oh yea, and you should see what your boy DG gets... if you want him to sign a jersey, it is almost 200.
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,973
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

thats why i said i dont know the details cuz never saw a link to it. also well it didnt cost me anything except a trip to the nfl experiece a few years back in New Orleans to get DGs autograph. but he also has a youth foundation too
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Don't know the details but if some of it goes to a charity then that's cool

Oh Yea that's right it does, it goes in the Rock Cartwright pocket charity, that makes it a little easier.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #20
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Oh Yea that's right it does, it goes in the Rock Cartwright pocket charity, that makes it a little easier.
Well, think of it this way... these guys have been working for years just to make it to the NFL... and in a few years, most of them could walk down the street and no one would know who they were.... they have to make the bucks while they can.

Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
Well, think of it this way... these guys have been working for years just to make it to the NFL... and in a few years, most of them could walk down the street and no one would know who they were.... they have to make the bucks while they can.


A FEW BUCKS MY A**! It would be nice to think you could give back an hour or two to the fans FREE OF CHARGE. You know the season tic holders like myself. Other folks that are less fortunate that scrap to get a lid and skin jersey. GET REAL! Most average folks don't have 20 spots jumping outta there A**! :smashfrea
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #22
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
A FEW BUCKS MY A**! It would be nice to think you could give back an hour or two to the fans FREE OF CHARGE. You know the season tic holders like myself. Other folks that are less fortunate that scrap to get a lid and skin jersey. GET REAL! Most average folks don't have 20 spots jumping outta there A**! :smashfrea
That's like me saying to someone.... "hey, I really like the work you do... come spend 2 hours driving somewhere, and work for me for free for a couple of hours... and then spend 2 hours driving home". Most people won't work for their boss without being paid.

Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
That's like me saying to someone.... "hey, I really like the work you do... come spend 2 hours driving somewhere, and work for me for free for a couple of hours... and then spend 2 hours driving home". Most people won't work for their boss without being paid.

No it's not. You've completely missed the marK.
In this case it's more like let me drive 10 minutes to the mall, sit on my A** for a couple 2 hours.......WORK? Is this what you call work? Sign a few graphs 20 and up, from all the everyday diehard SKIN FANS that are already supporting my A**!

And just think for one moment who most of those folks are, young adults.....RIGHT, school, burger king, skins hat, the list goes on forever. MOST of the folks in these lines DON'T make $200 an hour.

The end, get in my Bentley drive 10 minutes home. Get up in the Crib and start countin the BLING! When they do these sessions yes the are representing the Redskins. But the money goes in their pocket. I thought you would understand?

By the way when you go get yours tomorrow, don't sweat it, just $20 bucks, doesn't sound like you worked very hard for it.


I won't be there I've hung out with Rock, played golf with Rock and have countless RC graphs that didn't cost me a penny!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #24
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
No it's not. You've completely missed the marK.
In this case it's more like let me drive 10 minutes to the mall, sit on my A** for a couple 2 hours.......WORK? Is this what you call work? Sign a few graphs 20 and up, from all the everyday diehard SKIN FANS that are already supporting my A**!

And just think for one moment who most of those folks are, young adults.....RIGHT, school, burger king, skins hat, the list goes on forever. MOST of the folks in these lines DON'T make $200 an hour.

The end, get in my Bentley drive 10 minutes home. Get up in the Crib and start countin the BLING! When they do these sessions yes the are representing the Redskins. But the money goes in their pocket. I thought you would understand?

By the way when you go get yours tomorrow, don't sweat it, just $20 bucks, doesn't sound like you worked very hard for it.


I won't be there I've hung out with Rock, played golf with Rock and have countless RC graphs that didn't cost me a penny!
Glad to see he is such a good friend of yours that your slamming him. A guy like Rock has a minimum NFL contract. You can also ask lots of players who end up in wheelchairs & pain for the rest of their lives. Yes, he makes a decent living, but I seriously doubt Rock drives a Bentley. How often do you do volunteer work for your boss?
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
Glad to see he is such a good friend of yours that your slamming him. A guy like Rock has a minimum NFL contract. You can also ask lots of players who end up in wheelchairs & pain for the rest of their lives. Yes, he makes a decent living, but I seriously doubt Rock drives a Bentley. How often do you do volunteer work for your boss?
Now your just dreamin. Where did I ever STATE FRIEND? Or SLAM? NEITHER, READ NEXT TIME! That was hung out & golf.

I will help my boss or any other FRIEND FREE OF CHARGE at any given moment! You just aren't one of them.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

This could get out of hand. So let's not let it.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #27
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

i think the point skinsfan is trying to make is that Cartwright is paid very well for his job, and sitting somewhere and signing autographs for 2 hours is hardly taxing on the body. i would gladly give up 2 hours of my time for a trade of about 500,000.00 per year. would you? these guys are living a dream, all people want is for them to give back alittle
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 AM   #28
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Fredericksburg? Hell No! I might run into my idiot in-laws at Gander Mountain!
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #29
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think the point skinsfan is trying to make is that Cartwright is paid very well for his job, and sitting somewhere and signing autographs for 2 hours is hardly taxing on the body. i would gladly give up 2 hours of my time for a trade of about 500,000.00 per year. would you? these guys are living a dream, all people want is for them to give back alittle
But you can't trade because you don't have the ability. If you have a problem with it then don't show up, that will make it pretty clear. I also think it is kind of presumptuous for Cartright to ask $20 for an auto, but I bet he isn't the only one making money off the event. There is a Redskins Store in Spotsylvania Mall (my home town before I ended up in SC) so I'm thinking the event is yet another marketing opportunity by the Redskins. Who do you think is going to pocket the cash from all the jerseys, mini-helmets, coffee mugs, and other crap they presumably sell at the store that day? Hmmmmm, I wonder.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #30
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Rock Cartwright signing 3-31-2007

i will not buy anyones autograph. i think it is a stupid ploy by whoever the athlete to make a cheap buck. i have no problem with Dan Snyder making the money he is due. but for an athlete to make 20.00, or whatever, playing a game, thats right, a game, thats just flat out wrong. Cartwright's NATURAL ABILITY, plus some hard work, got him into the NFL. not any savvy business decision
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30302 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25