Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Meetup


Who's the coolest that you met??

Redskins Meetup


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #46
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I'm a redskins fan because of Ricky Sanders.

I met him before SB22 in San Diego. He signed my football and talked with us for a bit.

In 1992, I went to the Skins Vs Cardinals game in Arizona and he signed autographs for me and my dad, and later in the day we ran into him again at the hotel and he took pictures with the both of us.

Great Great Guy!


I met Skip Hicks a few months ago. My dad rented him a storage. Great guy, Brought back pictures and football cards and autographed each one.

Stanley Richards, Spends alot of time with the fans.

Johnny Thomas, Another class act!

Sterling Palmer, Intimidating but a cool guy.

Tidus Winans, I was talking to his mom telling her how awesome he was when he scored 2 TD's against the eagles, THen he came over and was on his best behavior.

Raleigh and his Twin Reggie Mckenzie, Awesome down to earth guys.


Also on my list:
Charles Mann, Jack Kent Cooke, ali haji sheik, Steve Cox, Desmond Howard, Rich Owens, and Kalvin bryant.
Hey, you mentioned a name that my friends and I talk about from time to time... what is Skip Hicks doing now?
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-28-2007, 10:15 PM   #47
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Marcus Washington.
I would have to agree. Perhaps the nicest Skin out there. He spent almost 15 minutes just personally talking to my brother. Great guy. Cooley is just down to earth and fun.

And LaVar as well. Alotta haters here, but what he gave to the community was great and he really did love fans.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #48
Camp Scrub
 
44_Riggins_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: alexandria, va
Age: 22
Posts: 73
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Jurgenson's son dated one of my close cousins and sonny came to a christmas party at my grandmother's and he signed a few things of mine, he was pretty cool.
__________________
ď Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.Ē
- Joe Gibbs
44_Riggins_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #49
Special Teams
 
Mc2guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 287
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Let's see, coolest skins I have met...Darryl Green, Monte Coleman (used to mow his lawn in Reston), Charles Mann were all super nice guys and were gracious when I had a chance to meet them. The nicest/coolest of all though was oddly enough, Gary Clark.

I waited on his table once in Harrisonburg during homecoming for JMU (Clark is an alum). He had his whole family and some friends with him so it is a party of like 13 people. He was very very cool, gracious, and was appreciative of the service, which is rare among the general populus, much less a famous athlete. He traded some friendly banter with me when I chided him that Charles Haley was the greatest JMU alumnae athlete of all time and he left a generous tip. He didn't live up to his surly/primadonna reputation in the least.
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #50
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44_Riggins_44 View Post
Jurgenson's son dated one of my close cousins and sonny came to a christmas party at my grandmother's and he signed a few things of mine, he was pretty cool.
You just made me remember...I met Sonny once. In fact, I remember asking him about Brunell/Ramsey B.C....before Campell.

He ripped on both of them actually. I do remember him favoring Ramsey.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #51
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You just made me remember...I met Sonny once. In fact, I remember asking him about Brunell/Ramsey B.C....before Campell.

He ripped on both of them actually. I do remember him favoring Ramsey.
I took my son to training camp when it was in Frostburg a couple of times. We got there and found out it was not a scheduled practice, just weight lifting.

Turned out that was the best time to go. Sonny (who never is available to the crowd during camp) was in his golf cart waiting to do a couple of interviews. We talked with him for about 10 minutes. Of course, I was a Trent Green fan. This was the year we went into camp with Gus #1, Hos #2 & Trent #3. I asked Sonny if Trent could ever start... he said he would have a very nice career making 1 mil a year holding a clip board.

A couple of months later, he was on TV saying how Trent was one of the best he had ever seen.

That just shows we can all be wrong, but Sonny was really cool and gave his honest assesment at that time.
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #52
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Sonny!
He was eating lunch outside a Deli I go (a couple of years ago) to all the time. I walk by him and gave the usual "What up", and appropriate head nod. I walk inside (the place was empty). I'm thinking DAMN, that guy looks a HELL of a lot like Sonny Jurgenson! I say to the owner, (a fishing bud of mine) check this guy out. Unbeknownst to me, his wife is standing next to me at the counter.
She calmly replies, "that's him". I nearly had a stroke. She said he would not mind if I introduced myself to him. So I go outside, and spoke in an unknown language for a minute or two. Finally, I settled down. We talked about the Skins for a few minutes, Kilmer, what he was up to. Signed a couple things for my son. SUPER GUY
Oh yah, I bought his, and his wifes's lunch
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #53
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Sonny!
He was eating lunch outside a Deli I go (a couple of years ago) to all the time. I walk by him and gave the usual "What up", and appropriate head nod. I walk inside (the place was empty). I'm thinking DAMN, that guy looks a HELL of a lot like Sonny Jurgenson! I say to the owner, (a fishing bud of mine) check this guy out. Unbeknownst to me, his wife is standing next to me at the counter.
She calmly replies, "that's him". I nearly had a stroke. She said he would not mind if I introduced myself to him. So I go outside, and spoke in an unknown language for a minute or two. Finally, I settled down. We talked about the Skins for a few minutes, Kilmer, what he was up to. Signed a couple things for my son. SUPER GUY
Oh yah, I bought his, and his wifes's lunch
I heard he sold his place in Mount Vernon and was living somewhere in FL now... I guess that it is in your neighborhood?
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #54
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Sonny!
He was eating lunch outside a Deli I go (a couple of years ago) to all the time. I walk by him and gave the usual "What up", and appropriate head nod. I walk inside (the place was empty). I'm thinking DAMN, that guy looks a HELL of a lot like Sonny Jurgenson! I say to the owner, (a fishing bud of mine) check this guy out. Unbeknownst to me, his wife is standing next to me at the counter.
She calmly replies, "that's him". I nearly had a stroke. She said he would not mind if I introduced myself to him. So I go outside, and spoke in an unknown language for a minute or two. Finally, I settled down. We talked about the Skins for a few minutes, Kilmer, what he was up to. Signed a couple things for my son. SUPER GUY
Oh yah, I bought his, and his wifes's lunch
Continuing with Sonny.....it's funny how times have changed and how the Redskins basically stole Sonny from the Eagles for Norm Snead.

I wonder what the Lenny Ps of the world were saying back then? What a steal! Definitely one of, if not the single greatest move in Redskins history.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #55
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 35
Posts: 898
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

I have never met a skins player. I'm always caught up with work when the time comes to meet someone. I still to this day haven't been to a game, and I'm from Richmond (It's sad, I know).
But when I was stationed in Cali I was out camping in Monteray and had a chance to meet Simeon Rice. He was being filmed by the discovery channel for a show about Sports Athletes off-time fun. He was a nice guy, we talked for about ten minutes about his 4-wheeler and stuff. Not a word about football. It was good to see someone like that having fun off the field just like a normal guy. But....I really want to Art Monk. That guy has been like an idol to meet since I first watched him play.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #56
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagams View Post
I have never met a skins player. I'm always caught up with work when the time comes to meet someone. I still to this day haven't been to a game, and I'm from Richmond (It's sad, I know).
But when I was stationed in Cali I was out camping in Monteray and had a chance to meet Simeon Rice. He was being filmed by the discovery channel for a show about Sports Athletes off-time fun. He was a nice guy, we talked for about ten minutes about his 4-wheeler and stuff. Not a word about football. It was good to see someone like that having fun off the field just like a normal guy. But....I really want to Art Monk. That guy has been like an idol to meet since I first watched him play.
Well, if your from Richmond, you have all kinds of chances to meet the players... just this upcoming weekend, Dave Butz will be doing an autograph signing in Fredericksburg, and you can play paintball with Ladell Betts, Rock Cartwright and others... there are threads for both of these events already.

There is also the 10 former Redskin event in MD the end of the month, the Charley Taylor charity signing & the big Chantilly show with all kinds of the current guys.

Of course, you just missed the big Beach Blitz
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #57
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
I heard he sold his place in Mount Vernon and was living somewhere in FL now... I guess that it is in your neighborhood?
That was in Bonita Springs (between Naples, and Fort Myers). He said, he had a place in the sub-division across the road (major expensive).
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #58
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,331
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
Hey, you mentioned a name that my friends and I talk about from time to time... what is Skip Hicks doing now?
He was moving to Temecula California. I'm not sure what he is doing for a living but he is in body builder shape. He also had a mens health magazine with him on the cover. He Looks like he can play.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #59
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
He was moving to Temecula California. I'm not sure what he is doing for a living but he is in body builder shape. He also had a mens health magazine with him on the cover. He Looks like he can play.
lol... to bad looks don't equate into talent... he was a HELL of a nice guy every time I met him back in the day. That was several times at training camp, at Shawn Barbers charity basketball game in Richmond... I think he also went to the Sharper Brother's event down there too.
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #60
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 35
Posts: 898
Re: Who's the coolest that you met??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
Well, if your from Richmond, you have all kinds of chances to meet the players... just this upcoming weekend, Dave Butz will be doing an autograph signing in Fredericksburg, and you can play paintball with Ladell Betts, Rock Cartwright and others... there are threads for both of these events already.

There is also the 10 former Redskin event in MD the end of the month, the Charley Taylor charity signing & the big Chantilly show with all kinds of the current guys.

Of course, you just missed the big Beach Blitz

I know...It's bad that I don't get out that much. I actually live in Norfolk now, which makes it even worse that I missed the blitz.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31020 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25