Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #376
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Best Available FAs, 27 years old or younger

FB Leonard Weaver 26
DT Tank Johnson 27
CB Bryant McFadden 27
LB Marques Harris 27
RB Jason Wright 26
S James Butler 26
CB Daven Holly 27
CB Leigh Bodden 27
DT Mike Wright 27
OT Khalif Barnes 27
LB Tyjyan Hagler 27
S Gerald Sensabaugh 26
S Sean Jones 27
DE Igor Olshansky 27
CB Reynaldo Hill 27
DT Shaun Cody 26
OT Ray Willis 27
CB Justin Miller 25
WR Reggie Williams 26
DE C.J. Mosely 26
DE Michael Montgomery 26
CB Chris Carr 26
WR Drew Carter 27
G Elton Brown 27
LB Heath Farwell 27
LB Kevin Burnett 26
WR Tab Perry 27
LB Pat Thomas 26
DT Dewayne Robinson 27
C Duke Preston 27
LB Andre Frazier 27
S Matt Giordano 26
S Brandon McGowan 25
CB Pac Man Jones 25
CB Eric Green 27
The guys i highlighted are worth looking at. Also, there are plenty of guys between 27 and 30 who are worth signing on the cheap.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #377
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Well they brought in Ray Willis yesterday, who really is the only tackle remaining on the market worth any serious coin. You just didn't hear about the visit until today.

They just signed a punter which we just heard about, and they are bringing in that Brown guy from Arizona.

It sounds like they've been active, we just haven't heard about it because JLC doesn't have the best inside sources anymore, and the national media outlets like SI, ESPN, and CBS don't care to follow our pursuit of teir 2 free agent linemen.

Also, if they've seemed inactive, it's also because the talent available out there now is depleted. I see several decent LBs, but they're old and don't really fit what we're looking for (SLB).

I know it isn't the cap that's holding them back. They're just wondering who's really worth paying for. And on the ones they do think it's worthwhile (Willis) they've just been flying under the radar till today.
Easy, easy you don't have to go racial now.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #378
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

If you can stay with this (it gets long and your eyes may go crossed as there are a lot of figures thrown at you), it is an absolutely excellent recap of the methods used by the Redskins to massage the cap.

Washington Redskins News - How To Circumvent Cap Hell - 2009-03-05

Quote:
With the free agency talent drying up as the days go by, the Washington Redskins need to address holes not yet filled. The Washington Times is reporting that the Washington Redskins have “limited flexibility” to address these needs. This is another head scratcher because almost a week after the Post said they wouldn’t be players in the 2009 free agency market, they signed a Pro Bowl defensive tackle in Albert Haynesworth, re-signed cornerback DeAngelo Hall, brought back former starting guard Derrick Dockery and signed punter Dirk Johnson.

They are currently courting free agent offensive tackles Ray Willis and Elton Brown, still talking to guard Pete Kendall about resigning, and expected to resign defensive end Phillip Daniels and maybe linebacker/special teams ace Khary Campbell. They may not get Ray Willis and Elton Brown, but not counting Dirk Johnson, the Washington Redskins are more than $11 million under the 2009 salary cap on March 5th and are anything but limited in what the can do between now and the 2009 NFL Draft.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #379
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,301
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

In addition, I'd like to remind the community that while Jason La Canfora, David Elfin, Peter King, et al are all strong writers who can share varying degrees of inside info...

They are not accountants, and they do not have a finance background.

Consider the source when you read their cap info. Then come here to CC's numbers when you want accuracy.

Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #380
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

well, according to your link, which draws numbers directly from NFLPA, AH counts 10.4mill in 2009 (6mill base + 22/5 = 10.4mill), not 7.9, and dockery counts 4mill (3.2base +4/5 = 4.0mill) not 4.1.

yay math/better info:

all signing bonuses are prorated over 5 years, option bonuses are listed as other bonuses, and incentives aren't included since I don't have specifics on them or how they're accounted for.

the option bonuses listed in the article are for 2013-2016, which is either a mistake or incentive to work a new deal (at 35?) - i believe it should be 2012-2015, but that's not super important to know in 2009.

Haynesworth contract details:
Signing bonus - $22mill in 2009, $9mill in 2010, $10mill in 2011
Incentives - up to $15mill over the first four years
Option bonuses - $12mill ($3mill in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016)
Base salary - $6mill in 2009, $3.6 in 2010, $5.4mill in 2011, $6.7mill in 2012, $8.5mill in 2013, $10.3mill in 2014, $11.5mill in 2015


yearly cap hits:
2009 $10.4mill ($6base + 22/5)
2010 $9.8mill ($3.6base + 22/5 + 9/5)
2011 $13.6mill ($5.4base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5)
2012 $15.1mill ($6.7base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5)
2013 $19.9mill ($8.5base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5 + $3 OB)
2014 $17.1mill ($10.3base + 9/5 + 10/5 + $3 OB)
2015 $16.5mill ($11.5base + 10/5 + $3 OB)

release fees:
2009 $41mill (22 + 9 + 10)
2010 $36.6mill (22*4/5 + 9 + 10)
2011 $30.4mill (22*3/5 + 9*4/5 + 10)
2012 $22.2mill (22*2/5 + 9*3/5 + 10*4/5)
2013 $14.0mill (22*1/5 + 9*2/5 + 10*3/5)
2014 $5.8mill (9*1/5 + 10*2/5)
2015 $2.0mill (10*1/5)

the other information i'm not sure on is this contract is sited as having a 26.9mill hit in 2013 (outside the $3 option bonus), but the only way that meshes with the other numbers is if that 10$mill bonus that counts fully against 2013 (but there's no mention of it, and it results in a 110$mill deal vs $100mill).

further info/insight welcome, but this would mean we have 2.4mill less space than projected (2.5more on haynesworth, .1less on dock).. details aren't out on hall...

then the article says we have 11mill of free space, which wouldn't be true with the AH numbers as stated from the NFLPA site, unless he just grabbed it from this thread.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!

Last edited by That Guy; 03-06-2009 at 06:23 AM.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #381
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

also, golston had a 2nd round tender - that's 1.5$mill, not $1mill.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #382
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The guys i highlighted are worth looking at. Also, there are plenty of guys between 27 and 30 who are worth signing on the cheap.
Pass on Reggie Williams. I mean if you (the general you) think Smith is a moron for not showing up in shape for the combine...
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #383
Special Teams
 
John Denny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ocean Pines, MD
Posts: 137
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

So when is all of the Boy King's heavy-handed spending going to bite us in the ass? It happened to the 49er's when they were competing with the Cowboys in the late 90's.
John Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #384
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,693
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Denny View Post
So when is all of the Boy King's heavy-handed spending going to bite us in the ***? It happened to the 49er's when they were competing with the Cowboys in the late 90's.
um probably never, cuz he learned their lesson and manages the cap very effectively. The cap does not mean don't spend, like Philly or TB would have you believe, it just means structure the deals so that in any one given year you are not paying everyone big deals. imho
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #385
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,881
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, according to your link, which draws numbers directly from NFLPA, AH counts 10.4mill in 2009 (6mill base + 22/5 = 10.4mill), not 7.9, and dockery counts 4mill (3.2base +4/5 = 4.0mill) not 4.1.

yay math/better info:

all signing bonuses are prorated over 5 years, option bonuses are listed as other bonuses, and incentives aren't included since I don't have specifics on them or how they're accounted for.

the option bonuses listed in the article are for 2013-2016, which is either a mistake or incentive to work a new deal (at 35?) - i believe it should be 2012-2015, but that's not super important to know in 2009.

Haynesworth contract details:
Signing bonus - $22mill in 2009, $9mill in 2010, $10mill in 2011
Incentives - up to $15mill over the first four years
Option bonuses - $12mill ($3mill in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016)
Base salary - $6mill in 2009, $3.6 in 2010, $5.4mill in 2011, $6.7mill in 2012, $8.5mill in 2013, $10.3mill in 2014, $11.5mill in 2015


yearly cap hits:
2009 $10.4mill ($6base + 22/5)
2010 $9.8mill ($3.6base + 22/5 + 9/5)
2011 $13.6mill ($5.4base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5)
2012 $15.1mill ($6.7base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5)
2013 $19.9mill ($8.5base + 22/5 + 9/5 + 10/5 + $3 OB)
2014 $17.1mill ($10.3base + 9/5 + 10/5 + $3 OB)
2015 $16.5mill ($11.5base + 10/5 + $3 OB)

release fees:
2009 $41mill (22 + 9 + 10)
2010 $36.6mill (22*4/5 + 9 + 10)
2011 $30.4mill (22*3/5 + 9*4/5 + 10)
2012 $22.2mill (22*2/5 + 9*3/5 + 10*4/5)
2013 $14.0mill (22*1/5 + 9*2/5 + 10*3/5)
2014 $5.8mill (9*1/5 + 10*2/5)
2015 $2.0mill (10*1/5)

the other information i'm not sure on is this contract is sited as having a 26.9mill hit in 2013 (outside the $3 option bonus), but the only way that meshes with the other numbers is if that 10$mill bonus that counts fully against 2013 (but there's no mention of it, and it results in a 110$mill deal vs $100mill).

further info/insight welcome, but this would mean we have 2.4mill less space than projected (2.5more on haynesworth, .1less on dock).. details aren't out on hall...

then the article says we have 11mill of free space, which wouldn't be true with the AH numbers as stated from the NFLPA site, unless he just grabbed it from this thread.

To clarify on Haynesworth:

My current cap sheets (not yet on the site) have all the correct salaries as per the article and NFLPA (ie $6M). The bonus info is trickier. I have used similar info to the above except I reversed the SB in 2009 and 2010. So I have Haynes getting a $9.5M SB in 2009 and a $22M SB in 2010.

This means he gets $32M in the first 13 months as reported somewhere, and his 2009 cap hit would only be $7.9M as was reported somewhere else. I used the same logic to get to a $5.2M cap hit for Hall ($5M salary plus $1M SB in 2009).

I will go thru the Hogs article more carefully later today but wanted to clarify how I am getting the cap hits for Haynes and Hall.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #386
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
um probably never, cuz he learned their lesson and manages the cap very effectively. The cap does not mean don't spend, like Philly or TB would have you believe, it just means structure the deals so that in any one given year you are not paying everyone big deals. imho
we also seem to keep even mid grade guys from hitting the FA market... we've never had an "oh sh*t" offseason like baltimore where they had suggs (franchised), scott, lewis, and a starting safety all out on the market.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #387
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,411
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Looks like our salary cap room is $7Million under.

Redskins Insider
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #388
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Looks like our salary cap room is $7Million under.

Redskins Insider
This helps explain why we have not seen another round of signings IMO... we probably only have enough to sign one more quality FA so the FO is weighing thru things carefully. Maybe we don't even see anything more till after the draft...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #389
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Looks like our salary cap room is $7Million under.

Redskins Insider
According to Schneed10 and CrazyCanuk (Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009) we're $11.1M under. I'll take their word over JLC 8 days a week.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #390
Camp Scrub
 
cobracai1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Georgetown
Posts: 84
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
According to Schneed10 and CrazyCanuk (Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009) we're $11.1M under. I'll take their word over JLC 8 days a week.
I agree. JLC has definitely been off plenty of times (especially during this offseason) so there is no reason for me to believe he is right here. So far the Cap info on this site has been pretty close to dead on so I think until something concrete comes out showing we are indeed less under than we thought, we should assume we have around 11Million of space.
cobracai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39086 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25