Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #421
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
New update:

- Jason Campbell's 2009 salary raised by $2.075M. I now have Campbell's cap hit at $3.888M.

Updated cap room: $9.412M
Cripes these numbers are changing fast! At this latest number I'm not sure we have enough to make much of a splash in FA but then again there's not much buy out there.

... i agree w/ the notion we are set to take an OT in the draft. There's jack shit left in FA at this position and it would be unforgivably irresponsible/stupid to go into the season w/ Samuels, Heyer, Jansen, and whatshisname as our only OTs. To me this means we have to shore up our needs at DLE and OLB in FA and I can't figure out what the FO is waiting for. Daniels and/or Wynn should be signed ASAP. The best available LB FA should be signed too w/o further delay. I know there's a few other FA guys on our roster from last year we want to keep for teams/depth and after all that I think we're left w/ just about enough to pay our drafted rooks.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #422
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
New update:

- Jason Campbell's 2009 salary raised by $2.075M. I now have Campbell's cap hit at $3.888M.

Updated cap room: $9.412M
How did this happen? Did we give him a new contract or restructure his existing one?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #423
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

he probably reached some sort or performance incentives. in the end, well probably be close to the 7m the post reported. this explains why we really cut jason taylor, didn't push to keep evans, and also why we aren't making any signification moves now... 12m in cap room just sounded too good to be true
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #424
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
he probably reached some sort or performance incentives. in the end, well probably be close to the 7m the post reported. this explains why we really cut jason taylor, didn't push to keep evans, and also why we aren't making any signification moves now... 12m in cap room just sounded too good to be true
Ditto... i just hope we've got enough space to address LDE, Daniels and/or Wynn presumably, re-sign K. Campbell for teams and Fincher for LB depth. And if we're really lucky sign a legit LB however I would say Crowell is probably out of the mix now w/ our limitations. I wish Marcus could be brought back to play WLB.

... btw I can't imagine we have the dough to sign Barnes at RT. I think we'll move slowly in FA from this point forward.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #425
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Ditto... i just hope we've got enough space to address LDE, Daniels and/or Wynn presumably, re-sign K. Campbell for teams and Fincher for LB depth. And if we're really lucky sign a legit LB however I would say Crowell is probably out of the mix now w/ our limitations. I wish Marcus could be brought back to play WLB.

... btw I can't imagine we have the dough to sign Barnes at RT. I think we'll move slowly in FA from this point forward.
$9.4 is quite a bit of space. Dockery is fitting in $3.2.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #426
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
$9.4 is quite a bit of space. Dockery is fitting in $3.2.
if we have 9m. its very possible we have less than that, or will have less than that, but there's no way you could know of adjustments to other players cap figures yet.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #427
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
if we have 9m. its very possible we have less than that, or will have less than that, but there's no way you could know of adjustments to other players cap figures yet.
I do know that CC has looked at the contracts and tried to hit each one that has performance incentive increases. So for this season I think we got them all. CC's cap information ties within half a million to the other reliable cap source that's out there. While the Rogers and Campbell adjustments surprised a bit, it seems the current number is on the money.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #428
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

well if we allocate 3m for the rookie pool and another 3 to replace players injured during the season, that only leaves us with 3m... not much to get ol, de, and lb help in free agency
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #429
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
well if we allocate 3m for the rookie pool and another 3 to replace players injured during the season, that only leaves us with 3m... not much to get ol, de, and lb help in free agency
For every player you sign, he bumps somebody else out of the top 51. So each of the four rookies will bump out a guy currently costing us $380K against the cap. Check out the math in the first post in this thread, it has it all there.

Let's not be argumentative if we're not going to look at the information available to us.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #430
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
For every player you sign, he bumps somebody else out of the top 51. So each of the four rookies will bump out a guy currently costing us $380K against the cap. Check out the math in the first post in this thread, it has it all there.

Let's not be argumentative if we're not going to look at the information available to us.
Ok Schneed we'll try and behave... Seriously I do think the pinched number explains our hesitancy to move on guys like Willis and Crowell. We don't have much to work w/ after you consider there are guys/positions we know we'll address. Daniels will come back at vet min. K. Campbell and Fincher probably get re-signed. I still think the FO will want to address OLB in FA. I'd say after these moves and the chunk allocated for the draftees there's just a small rainy-day fund leftover we need to save for, well, for a rainy day.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #431
Finally... The Offseason!!

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,907
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

New update:

- Sellers 2009 salary raised by $25K.

Rogers, Campbell, and Sellers all hit their salary escalators.

Updated cap room: $9.387M
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #432
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

At least it's a small downward adjustment this time around... I like the trend.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #433
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
For every player you sign, he bumps somebody else out of the top 51. So each of the four rookies will bump out a guy currently costing us $380K against the cap. Check out the math in the first post in this thread, it has it all there.

Let's not be argumentative if we're not going to look at the information available to us.
I wasnt trying to be argumentative and im sorry if thats how it came off. I was just trying to point out that, based on the only information you guys had at the time, you were adamant about the skins having around 12M in cap space, despite the Times and Post both reporting numbers in the 6-7M range. However, new information came to light (Campbell and Rogers increased base salary for 2009), reducing the cap estimates here from 12M to 9M, so you guys have adjusted your numbers here as well. I'm just saying its possible there is still information out there that you do not have access to yet, and the Times and Post may actually be correct, and we may have around 7M in cap space. The Times and Post are likely not doing any calcuations themselves - they are likely getting numbers from sources within Redskins park and/or the league, who know the real numbers. I have no doubt you guys are providing as accurate of a total as you can given the information you have - but youre still limited by not having full access to the data the team and league have. Its very possible the figures posted in the Times and Post are correct.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #434
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,630
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I wasnt trying to be argumentative and im sorry if thats how it came off. I was just trying to point out that, based on the only information you guys had at the time, you were adamant about the skins having around 12M in cap space, despite the Times and Post both reporting numbers in the 6-7M range. However, new information came to light (Campbell and Rogers increased base salary for 2009), reducing the cap estimates here from 12M to 9M, so you guys have adjusted your numbers here as well. I'm just saying its possible there is still information out there that you do not have access to yet, and the Times and Post may actually be correct, and we may have around 7M in cap space. The Times and Post are likely not doing any calcuations themselves - they are likely getting numbers from sources within Redskins park and/or the league, who know the real numbers. I have no doubt you guys are providing as accurate of a total as you can given the information you have - but youre still limited by not having full access to the data the team and league have. Its very possible the figures posted in the Times and Post are correct.
Yeah but we do have pretty good info. You can look the salary data up right on the NFLPA website, it's made 100% public. And the information on contract bonuses and the like comes right out of the same articles JLC and David Elfin write for their respective papers. All we do is tally it all up and do the math.

But if it's 7m or 9.4m, isn't the question whether or not that's enough space to do anything? My point is it's plenty. You can add a good starting player in there, like a Dockery, plus get Daniels and Wynn and Campbell, plus sign rookies.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #435
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

But if it's 7m or 9.4m, isn't the question whether or not that's enough space to do anything? My point is it's plenty. You can add a good starting player in there, like a Dockery, plus get Daniels and Wynn and Campbell, plus sign rookies.
if its 7M, we dont have much room at all. We need 2-3Million for our rookies and we need several million to replace injured players during the season. The way i see it, we are on a very tight budget right now and only have the ability to sign old veterans to minimum contracts with very small, if not non-existant, signing bonuses. We certainly dont have space to sign anyone of Dockerys caliber. Any of the remaining noteable LBs on the market are no doubt out of our price range.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31601 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25