Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 42
Posts: 2,656
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the biggest factor is how close the people calling the shots think the redskins are to being a upper echelon team. hopefully, they aren't fooling each other
Right...and the fact that we were 3-0 against the NFC teams playing next Sunday could lead to a lot of foolish thinking.

Hopefully, they also take a look at the two AFC teams left and remember how bad we looked against them.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #17
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My friends are insiders
Well if what you said is true, and the "plan" was to move him, then why the charade? why make him the de-facto GM last year? Why not just go ahead and move him?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Well if what you said is true, and the "plan" was to move him, then why the charade? why make him the de-facto GM last year? Why not just go ahead and move him?
Because they couldn't (wouldn't?) get a guy who they believed was ready so they named Cerrato the guy, elevated Campbell to greater responsibilities, and brought back Mo Brown in a higher role than when he left.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
SS won't say it out of modesty but he works for the four letter and worked in DC sports journalism/media for a good time I believe. He knows people who know these things. It's why we pay him top dollar.
Admittedly though, I've become less and less involved and attuned to what the Redskins are thinking and doing as the years have passed (1998-2002 were my peak years). And I lost a couple of key insiders with Gibbs' retirement. Still not totally out of it though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Because they couldn't (wouldn't?) get a guy who they believed was ready so they named Cerrato the guy, elevated Campbell to greater responsibilities, and brought back Mo Brown in a higher role than when he left.
even if thats the case, i dont understand why they insist on keeping Cerrato again this year... especially with all the talented HC/FO guys available. If Snyder really is planning to get rid of Cerrato, why pass up on these guys? At the very least, i certainly hope Snyder prevents Cerrato from trading away any more 2010 picks. we will need as close as we can get to a full compliment of picks to entice GM/HC candidates next year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
even if thats the case, i dont understand why they insist on keeping Cerrato again this year... especially with all the talented HC/FO guys available. If Snyder really is planning to get rid of Cerrato, why pass up on these guys? At the very least, i certainly hope Snyder prevents Cerrato from trading away any more 2010 picks. we will need as close as we can get to a full compliment of picks to entice GM/HC candidates next year.
I don't think that Cerrato is the idiot devil everyone else seems to think, but I do think it's in the team's best interests that he be removed of any association with the football team. If for no other than perception can be reality.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I never thought I would say this but I am prepared to go 2-14 if that's what it takes to get Vinny out of here. I believe we would be better off in the long run then winning 9 or 10 games and saving his job.
yeah and it doesn't help having the two teams we beat in the playoffs. Now they will be thinking ....hey we were closer then we thought.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #23
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I would love a starting RT with the 13th pick. Fingers crossed.
If they stay at 13, someone like Jason Smith seems like a pretty solid choice. But these days I think I'd rather sign Vernon Carey in free agency; trade down in the draft and somehow walk away with Duke Robinson, Tyson Jackson, Eric Wood, Connor Barwin, Sean Witherspoon and Tyrell Sutton. Wishful thinking, I know.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #24
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Admittedly though, I've become less and less involved and attuned to what the Redskins are thinking and doing as the years have passed (1998-2002 were my peak years). And I lost a couple of key insiders with Gibbs' retirement. Still not totally out of it though
You better produce...no excuses. Matty is gonna put you out on your ass. You aren't being paid to be out of touch.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You better produce...no excuses. Matty is gonna put you out on your ass. You aren't being paid to be out of touch.
If Matty paid me a little more, I might have some more information
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #26
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If Matty paid me a little more, I might have some more information
Spoken like atrue me-first generation WR. I always knew you were a closet TO fan.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #27
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

hahahaha
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
crosbysux87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Letting go of Fabini and Jansen and Griffin would def help. I would like to see Randle El leave town and have us make a run at Darren Sproles
crosbysux87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: The Salary Cap & Free Agency 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbysux87 View Post
Letting go of Fabini and Jansen and Griffin would def help. I would like to see Randle El leave town and have us make a run at Darren Sproles
Darren Sproles isn't going anywhere now with the rumors of LDT being cut or traded.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25928 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25