Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


How to spend our money?

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Maybe this will make you change your mind on Nnamdi
NFL.com news: CB2K: Bailey, Asomugha shut down receivers differently
Asomuaghs contract will be the same as 3 quality starters in the NFL. Plus, he wasn't thrown to because of Oakland's system. He lined up on the same side, in the same position every play, and offenses would manuever their Wrs routes so that Nnamdi would cover a decoy WR. Not trying to take away from how good he is, but I'm just saying those statistics are a little skewed due to offenses purposefully creating mismatches to be advantageous towards them.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Here's about as in depth as I'll get on this, our areas of need I hope to see addressed:

OL
DL
LB
WR
How about Qb if a good one suddenly becomes available?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 867
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Asomuaghs contract will be the same as 3 quality starters in the NFL. Plus, he wasn't thrown to because of Oakland's system. He lined up on the same side, in the same position every play, and offenses would manuever their Wrs routes so that Nnamdi would cover a decoy WR. Not trying to take away from how good he is, but I'm just saying those statistics are a little skewed due to offenses purposefully creating mismatches to be advantageous towards them.
So you're saying that offensives purposely game planned around him? Umm that means he's a game changer/shutdown corner. He's one of the best. So other teams dont do that against Revis or Bailey..... just Asomuagh? Weird
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
So you're saying that offensives purposely game planned around him? Umm that means he's a game changer/shutdown corner. He's one of the best. So other teams dont do that against Revis or Bailey..... just Asomuagh? Weird
No I'm saying the Raiders system makes it incredibly easy to gameplan around him. Something that would happen no matter who the number one corner in Oakland was (it just happens more with Nnamdi because he is Nnamdi). He is still great, but the lack of times he has been thrown to is a skewed statistic due to the incredible ease of offenses to gameplan against the raiders secondary.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I think they'll try to juggle Brown and Harris. If they can't get Ryan then they'll run to sign Brown. Personally I would rather have Brown. Much more durable. Harris has been hurt for the last two years. I also think they'll sign Jenkins and Franklin. Depending on how the situation in Tampa sorts out they'll also try to sign Joesph. Finally I would expect them to go after one of the more expensive corners. Nnadami seems to be the most likely target with Johnathan Joesph as a fallback option.

So to review.

OT - Brown or Harris
OG - Davin Joesph
NT - A. Franklin
DE - C. Jenkins
CB - Nadami or Joesph

Followed by a couple of other role players. Paul Posluszny might also be another target but he seems intent on staying in Buffalo.
Nnamdi will break the bank and limit other signings.

I'd rather have Brandon Mebane than Aubrayo Franklin. Younger, cheaper, and likely ends up being just as capable.

Otherwise nice list. If we re-sign Brown then we can drop the OT and sign Posluszny instead, should he wish to leave Buffalo.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,441
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Nnamdi will break the bank and limit other signings.

I'd rather have Brandon Mebane than Aubrayo Franklin. Younger, cheaper, and likely ends up being just as capable.

Otherwise nice list. If we re-sign Brown then we can drop the OT and sign Posluszny instead, should he wish to leave Buffalo.
Considering this teams history though should we really doubt that they're going to make a huge push for Nnamdi?
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Considering this teams history though should we really doubt that they're going to make a huge push for Nnamdi?
You are correct. We have no reason to doubt such a push. Hopefully Bruce Allen has a cool head on this one.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Considering this teams history though should we really doubt that they're going to make a huge push for Nnamdi?
If Vinny was still here I would totally be expecting it.

With Allen, I doubt it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #24
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,441
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If Vinny was still here I would totally be expecting it.

With Allen, I doubt it.
I don't know. Allen is certainly smarter and better at directing the draft. Also a little better at not overpaying for Free Agents. However my gut keeps telling me that they're going to go after NA hard. I hope he doesn't but I keep on seeing rumor after rumor that they're going to make a push for NA. I also remember hearing about Allen being pleased with the amount of financial flexibility and support he would get from Danny.

Then again seeing as how the entire Beast is targeting him they could just be interested in jacking up the price.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
musicmaster45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 373
Re: How to spend our money?

I agree with Lotus' idea, except instead my corner idea is we get Ike Taylor. Ike would bring a physicality to the defense and he come from the defense were trying to emulate in Pittsburgh.
__________________
Shanahann loves the colleges i do...... Purdue and Nebraska FTW!!!!
musicmaster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,752
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I don't know. Allen is certainly smarter and better at directing the draft. Also a little better at not overpaying for Free Agents. However my gut keeps telling me that they're going to go after NA hard. I hope he doesn't but I keep on seeing rumor after rumor that they're going to make a push for NA. I also remember hearing about Allen being pleased with the amount of financial flexibility and support he would get from Danny.

Then again seeing as how the entire Beast is targeting him they could just be interested in jacking up the price.
I'm just curious if anyone recollects how good has the media been at predicting what BA and MS have done. Weren't some ppl in the sports media speculating that we were going after Peppers and nothing ended up happening?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #27
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,409
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Here's about as in depth as I'll get on this, our areas of need I hope to see addressed:

OL
DL
LB
WR
No CB? Besides MeAngelo "Toast" Hall, who else is there?
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I don't know. Allen is certainly smarter and better at directing the draft. Also a little better at not overpaying for Free Agents. However my gut keeps telling me that they're going to go after NA hard. I hope he doesn't but I keep on seeing rumor after rumor that they're going to make a push for NA. I also remember hearing about Allen being pleased with the amount of financial flexibility and support he would get from Danny.

Then again seeing as how the entire Beast is targeting him they could just be interested in jacking up the price.
There has been probably a dozen teams linked to him, and considering the media loves to link the Skins to just about every available big name, I'm not putting much stock in the rumors.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
No CB? Besides MeAngelo "Toast" Hall, who else is there?
Sure, corner will be a need especially if Los wants big money. My quick hitting list wasn't meant to be very thorough.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,441
Re: How to spend our money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm just curious if anyone recollects how good has the media been at predicting what BA and MS have done. Weren't some ppl in the sports media speculating that we were going after Peppers and nothing ended up happening?
All Smootsmack did last year was talk about how we were going to go after Peppers and how Peppers was a lock to come here then free agency starts and we get no Peppers. Smootsmack was terrible on that one. Even after he signed with the Bears Smoot shifted gears to, "Dude just watch we're going to find a way to trade for Peppers before the trade deadline in a four team trade that will also get the Skins Justin Smith and Chase Daniel."
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31210 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25