Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #691
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

...
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #692
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
and that means what exactly?? If I got back on my word on robbing a bank is someone allowed to punish me because I wasn't part of the heist?

I'm pretty sure irish is Sally Jenkins lol
I think I understand what your trying to say, but I think you used a bad example. Not that I have a better one.

In your scenario if you were apart of the planning then yes you could be punished also even if you decided to back out at the last minute. But I'll go a step further and say that what your not eluding to and that is that even though you were not there commiting the heist because you knew about it and failed to notify law enforcement then you could be charged with the same crime as the ones who did commit the crime.

Unless I'm wrong and you were eluding to the fact the Skins could get into the same trouble as the other owners in the long run because they knew all the owners were colluding and didn't tell anyone?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #693
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

You're taking it a little far there lol

What I'm saying is can the person that actually committed the crime accuse you of doing something wrong while they sit nice and pretty?
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #694
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I think JoeRedskin laid it out there pretty eloquently.

I'm sure you do,there could be made a case for collusion on the part of Snyder and Jones. Look you can't find one post of mine saying anything bad about Dan Snyder as a villian,I find a whole lot of his business ethics questionable I believe he plays fantasy football with a real team(yeah he is the majority owner) and the same with Jerry Jones....the fact that he hook up with him amazes me. What collusion are you fans talking about ..none of the other owners in any way shape or form tried to stop a player from making any money ...or any owner from making any money,this is all about how the contracts were structured and a majority commity choose a way for them to be done and it was "agreed upon"...4 choose to go back on their word as a owner to gain and unfair competitive advanage over the other owners ...more then some, in a salery cap move.Do you think these other 28 owners don't have lawyers ,do you not think the NFL thought this through,laws don't have to broken in busuness, business ethics count in court .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #695
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
You're taking it a little far there lol

What I'm saying is can the person that actually committed the crime accuse you of doing something wrong while they sit nice and pretty?
How do you know they did anything at all?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #696
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Lol. My feelings about the Giants in this case are based on Graziano


(PS I lived in NYC for 20 years. The only time I root for the Vagiants is when they play the cowboys. Then I root for a tie and lots of injuries.)

...Check ...and mate!!!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #697
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I'm sure you do,there could be made a case for collusion on the part of Snyder and Jones. Look you can't find one post of mine saying anything bad about Dan Snyder as a villian,I find a whole lot of his business ethics questionable I believe he plays fantasy football with a real team(yeah he is the majority owner) and the same with Jerry Jones....the fact that he hook up with him amazes me. What collusion are you fans talking about ..none of the other owners in any way shape or form tried to stop a player from making any money ...or any owner from making any money,this is all about how the contracts were structured and a majority commity choose a way for them to be done and it was "agreed upon"...4 choose to go back on their word as a owner to gain and unfair competitive advanage over the other owners ...more then some, in a salery cap move.Do you think these other 28 owners don't have lawyers ,do you not think the NFL thought this through,laws don't have to broken in busuness, business ethics count in court .
if you can't see how the owners colluded to keep costs down, then that's probably on you at this point. it's pretty clear.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #698
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
You're taking it a little far there lol

What I'm saying is can the person that actually committed the crime accuse you of doing something wrong while they sit nice and pretty?

And that's what I assumed you meant, but I was just adding the last part thinking maybe I should not be assuming.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #699
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Giantone,

I might agree with you that Snyder used to play fantasy football in the past when Cerrato was here but since Shanahan/Allen not so much.

But your ethics arguement makes me worry. Overall yes DS has had bad business but he's gotten better over the yrs with the Skins. But thats not what this thread is about is it, it's about collusion as you say. I think your explanation is a bit skewed especially when you leave out the part where your owner was a player in the collusion and broke the law.

What this is about is a two or more owners agreeing to keep the cost down. Those 30 owners to include your owner colluded against the players. They broke the law. I hate to say I hope whoever over sees the National Labor Laws does not jump on this. But as you said there was an agreement amongst owners and two decided to not break the law and now they are getting spanked for not keeping with the agreement. Could there be a trust issue amongst owners? Yes, but atleast our owner is not a criminal.

Why did the League approve the deals of they were wrong? Be abuse had they denied them the players would have had clear evidence the owners were colluding. Now some 10 + months later the owner want to spank us and the Boys owners so they work out an agreement with the NFPLA to no have a suit filed against them for collusion (because they know they broke the law) and then spank the Skine and Boys.

I'm supprised the players union agreed but if I was a player I'd say screw it and file a suit against the othe 30 teams to include yours for colluding which might make the whole new CBA void.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #700
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Giantone,

I might agree with you that Snyder used to play fantasy football in the past when Cerrato was here but since Shanahan/Allen not so much.

But your ethics arguement makes me worry. Overall yes DS has had bad business but he's gotten better over the yrs with the Skins. But thats not what this thread is about is it, it's about collusion as you say. I think your explanation is a bit skewed especially when you leave out the part where your owner was a player in the collusion and broke the law.

What this is about is a two or more owners agreeing to keep the cost down. Those 30 owners to include your owner colluded against the players. They broke the law. I hate to say I hope whoever over sees the National Labor Laws does not jump on this. But as you said there was an agreement amongst owners and two decided to not break the law and now they are getting spanked for not keeping with the agreement. Could there be a trust issue amongst owners? Yes, but atleast our owner is not a criminal.

Why did the League approve the deals of they were wrong? Be abuse had they denied them the players would have had clear evidence the owners were colluding. Now some 10 + months later the owner want to spank us and the Boys owners so they work out an agreement with the NFPLA to no have a suit filed against them for collusion (because they know they broke the law) and then spank the Skine and Boys.

I'm supprised the players union agreed but if I was a player I'd say screw it and file a suit against the othe 30 teams to include yours for colluding which might make the whole new CBA void.
I'm not at all surprised the NFLPA agreed. While the players may or may not have made less in the uncapped year (I suspect they didnt make less) that was only one year. The NFLPA agreed to the deal so that their players could make more every year after that because part of the deal was keeping the cap from going down. The NFLPA too the long term view of keeping salaries up for their members.

Also, for the fans this cap reduction news came out of the blue, but it didnt for the Skins. They were continually warned by the NFL to cool it yet for some reason they ignored the warnings. The sad part is that the Skins could have avoided this mess if they'd have just heeded the warnings and backed off a little. The NFL tried to save the Skins from themselves but the Skins were too arrogant to listen.

Last edited by irish; 03-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #701
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Cowboys, Redskins exploring all options | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #702
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,429
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

If that's the case then the NFL should never of gave the penalty in the first place they opened themselves up for this.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #703
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
If that's the case then the NFL should never of gave the penalty in the first place they opened themselves up for this.
I agree. I think we'll eventually get a substantial portion of our money back, but it won't matter. The NFL will have already gotten what it wanted: the Redskins and Cowboys to miss out on the major FA this off-season.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #704
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,657
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Please tell me they're doing something. This penalty is just so asinine especially considering the teams that spent well below the cap floor as well as the teams like the Bears among others that frontloaded the hell out of contracts.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #705
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,631
Re: NFL taking away Redskins cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I agree. I think we'll eventually get a substantial portion of our money back, but it won't matter. The NFL will have already gotten what it wanted: the Redskins and Cowboys to miss out on the major FA this off-season.
How have we missed out on anything? We've behaved as if the penalty never happened. Please don't cite VJax - there are reasons to think that we weren't interested in him anyway.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34200 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25