Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
March 10, update. Lichtensteiger signs. Financial terms not yet available, so if someone hears something please post here, still waiting on terms for D Young too.


Rumor is 5 years/14 mil on Lich's deal.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #77
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Rumor is 5 years/14 mil on Lich's deal.
If that's the case then my listed cap number is probably too high for him. If you can link me to a source on that then I'll make a change.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #78
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

I like what the Redskins have been doing thus far. This three day window is perfect for locking up the player who will sign for below market (exception to Darrel Young, who is a key cog in our offense), and letting those who won't hit free agency.

The Redskins should be in good cap situation next year. This year's team is probably going to take a hit in the depth category, but the signings of yesterday will help that hit.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #79
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I like what the Redskins have been doing thus far. This three day window is perfect for locking up the player who will sign for below market (exception to Darrel Young, who is a key cog in our offense), and letting those who won't hit free agency.

The Redskins should be in good cap situation next year. This year's team is probably going to take a hit in the depth category, but the signings of yesterday will help that hit.
Totally agree. Another smart draft and the depth can get right back, though. Hopefully they can pull that off. And so many players returning from injury helps depth too.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #80
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Totally agree. Another smart draft and the depth can get right back, though. Hopefully they can pull that off. And so many players returning from injury helps depth too.
That's going to be a big one.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #81
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

From what I gather, all of these signings so far, except for possibly Jackson, will count as minimum deals against the cap this year. I think we will sign Davis and still be able to sign a Chris Clemons or someone like that. And Maybe a Greg Toler. But I am surprised they have not released Hall yet or Moss. I think if they were not trying to renegotiate those contracts they would have already cut them. It would only add to the supply out there, decreasing demand.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #82
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I agree. Fred should get re-signed. Getting a guy like Clemons would be huge. I think we could get all three (adding in Toler) once we release Moss, Carriker chester etc etc. Should be happening any time now, I don't know what the hold up is either.
Yeah, I agree, but they would have already released those guys if they did not want them. Give me one good reason they have not released them yet.

Last edited by T.O.Killa; 03-10-2013 at 04:58 PM.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #83
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Yeah, I agree, but they would have already released those guys if they did not want them. Give me one good reason they have not released them yet.
I was wondering why as well, and the only thing I can come up with, for a guy like Hall would be the club doesn't want to give him the four extra days of pre FA negotiating time hoping that they will be some how prices below what they may be willing to get. I don't know it may be a weak reason and not accurate but I can't figure out why they just don't execute some of these moves.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #84
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Yeah, I agree, but they would have already released those guys if they did not want them. Give me one good reason they have not released them yet.
Because they don't have to until 4pm on Tues.

Also, they could still holding out hope regarding the cap situation, or still contemplating going nuclear with a suit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #85
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Because they don't have to until 4pm on Tues.

Also, they could still holding out hope regarding the cap situation, or still contemplating going nuclear with a suit.
Ok, but if they do it now like everyone else then they add supply to the market and drives down the cost of players, theoretically. I just dont see why they would wait unless they wanted to keep these guys.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #86
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,828
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, but if they do it now like everyone else then they add supply to the market and drives down the cost of players, theoretically. I just dont see why they would wait unless they wanted to keep these guys.
Didn't httr24_7 say they were making cuts tonight?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #87
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, but if they do it now like everyone else then they add supply to the market and drives down the cost of players, theoretically. I just dont see why they would wait unless they wanted to keep these guys.
No need to make a move until you absolutely have to. They're dealing with a much more complicated situation than most teams.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #88
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Ok, but if they do it now like everyone else then they add supply to the market and drives down the cost of players, theoretically. I just dont see why they would wait unless they wanted to keep these guys.
I doubt there is an advantage to the team to release them early. Further, they can keep exclusive rights while Hall or Carrikers agent can probably gauge the market (without actual contract talks with a specific team) and see if they want to work with the Skins.

Ask it this way. what advantage does the team get from an earlier release?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I doubt there is an advantage to the team to release them early. Further, they can keep exclusive rights while Hall or Carrikers agent can probably gauge the market (without actual contract talks with a specific team) and see if they want to work with the Skins.

Ask it this way. what advantage does the team get from an earlier release?
Well thats my point, they must want them back. If they did not want them back they would have already cut them. Me personally think there is no chance they get rid of Carricker. The only way they do that is if they think his injury will hinder him this year. He is a bargain at wht he will be making.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #90
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Redskins 2013 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
From what I gather, all of these signings so far, except for possibly Jackson, will count as minimum deals against the cap this year. I think we will sign Davis and still be able to sign a Chris Clemons or someone like that. And Maybe a Greg Toler. But I am surprised they have not released Hall yet or Moss. I think if they were not trying to renegotiate those contracts they would have already cut them. It would only add to the supply out there, decreasing demand.
They can't be "minimum deals" because there's a signing bonus involved in all cases. But they should have small base salaries to start the contract, which does keep the cap hit low.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27722 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25