Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #76
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,243
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Consider this a rough draft, but here's where I think we stand:

Space entering today: $21.1M

Andre Roberts: ($2.9M)
Santana Moss: ($1.5M) assumed
Adam Hayward: ($1.0M)
Shawn Lauvao: ($2.8M) assumed
Perry Riley: ($3.5M) assumed
Five Players Bumped from Top 51: $2.5M

Current Estimated Cap Space: $11.9M

I made an awful lot of assumptions in coming up with that, mostly based on patterns they seem to be showing with these $4M per year contracts to D Hall, Riley, Lauvao, and Roberts. There could be more space if they backloaded the contracts a bit more than I think. Consider this a conservative estimate. They could have $13M.
Thanks. Good stuff.

I have a question. How much cap space will be needed to sign our 6 draft picks? Especially curious since we don't have a 1st rounder...
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #77
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Thanks. Good stuff.

I have a question. How much cap space will be needed to sign our 6 draft picks? Especially curious since we don't have a 1st rounder...
Not much, because for every one you sign it bumps someone else out of the top 51. Figure $1M for all of them combined, at most.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #78
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Also, the Lauvao signing calls into question the status of Chester, Lichtensteiger, or Montgomery. Releasing any one of these guys would free up $2M - $3M in cap space. If Steiger moves to C then Montgomery could be history.

And if the 'Skins get a DL they like, I'd expect Stephen Bowen could be released to free up space.
Spells death for Monty. I'd bet dollars to donuts they move kory to C.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #79
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 251
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Consider this a rough draft, but here's where I think we stand:

Space entering today: $21.1M

Andre Roberts: ($2.9M)
Santana Moss: ($1.5M) assumed
Adam Hayward: ($1.0M)
Shawn Lauvao: ($2.8M) assumed
Perry Riley: ($3.5M) assumed
Five Players Bumped from Top 51: $2.5M

Current Estimated Cap Space: $11.9M

I made an awful lot of assumptions in coming up with that, mostly based on patterns they seem to be showing with these $4M per year contracts to D Hall, Riley, Lauvao, and Roberts. There could be more space if they backloaded the contracts a bit more than I think. Consider this a conservative estimate. They could have $13M.

I hope your assumptions are a little high.... most of the time the signing bonus is paid upfront, however it's cap cost is spread over the length of the contract...... the first year salary is very low, and then the yearly salary escalates
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #80
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I hope your assumptions are a little high.... most of the time the signing bonus is paid upfront, however it's cap cost is spread over the length of the contract...... the first year salary is very low, and then the yearly salary escalates
Yes thank you. You're new so I'll give you a pass on this. When it comes to the cap, I'm the one who knocks.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #81
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

I think Bowen, Chester, Wilson, Morgan AND Montgomery need to be cut. Is there a reason they haven't been cut as of yet? Is the penalty lessened if we wait until a certain date on any of them? All four of them should net us around 10-11 mil more, right?
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #82
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,085
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I think Bowen, Chester, Wilson, Morgan AND Montgomery need to be cut. Is there a reason they haven't been cut as of yet? Is the penalty lessened if we wait until a certain date on any of them? All four of them should net us around 10-11 mil more, right?
Wilson as in Josh?

His contract expired, he's not with the team.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #83
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,119
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Consider this a rough draft, but here's where I think we stand:

Space entering today: $21.1M

Andre Roberts: ($2.9M)
Santana Moss: ($1.5M) assumed
Adam Hayward: ($1.0M)
Shawn Lauvao: ($2.8M) assumed
Perry Riley: ($3.5M) assumed
Five Players Bumped from Top 51: $2.5M

Current Estimated Cap Space: $11.9M

I made an awful lot of assumptions in coming up with that, mostly based on patterns they seem to be showing with these $4M per year contracts to D Hall, Riley, Lauvao, and Roberts. There could be more space if they backloaded the contracts a bit more than I think. Consider this a conservative estimate. They could have $13M.
Thank you for the update.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #84
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,251
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

yeah, bowen and monty are dead men walking right now i'd venture.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #85
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Wilson as in Josh?

His contract expired, he's not with the team.
You see? I haven't been paying attention in class!

Thank god. Now we have to get Morgan, Chester, Bowen and Monty outta here, free up some more space.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #86
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 670
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
You see? I haven't been paying attention in class!

Thank god. Now we have to get Morgan, Chester, Bowen and Monty outta here, free up some more space.
Morgan is out of here also. His contract voided after two years. We have some dead money still but that will be gone after this year.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #87
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
When it comes to the cap, I'm the one who knocks.
Say my name! Say my name!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #88
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Say my name! Say my name!
Well actually CC is the one who knocks. I just weigh the money in 40 pound tubs.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #89
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

So you're like the Jesse then.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #90
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,085
Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Get shining that box little man.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29325 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25