Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > Salary Cap Central


NFC East salary cap status

Salary Cap Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,724
NFC East salary cap status

These numbers are from Overthecap.com

Currently the salary cap number for the top 51 players for each of the 4 NFC East teams are:

Dallas
Total Cap Liabilities: $187,984,616 (Top 51: $182,869,616)
Offense: $120,558,868 Defense: $44,111,364 Special: $6,970,000
Team Salary Cap: $170,401,553
Team Cap Space: ($12,468,063)
draft picks as of now: 7
first pick 28

NYG (this includes Cruz and Jennings cuts)
Total Cap Liabilities: $139,898,314 (Top 51: $138,038,314)
Offense: $58,483,445 Defense: $64,969,122 Special: $2,265,000
Team Salary Cap: $169,800,000
Team Cap Space: $31,761,686
draft picks as of now: 8
first pick 23

Philadelphia
Total Cap Liabilities: $173,714,396 (Top 51: $166,091,520)
Offense: $87,920,597 Defense: $62,884,806 Special: $4,052,500
Team Salary Cap: $175,933,869
Team Cap Space: $9,842,349
draft picks as of now: 8
first pick 14/15

Washington
Total Cap Liabilities: $129,323,922 (Top 51: $124,173,210)
Offense: $53,817,074 Defense: $62,362,524 Special: $3,242,500
Team Salary Cap: $183,055,131
Team Cap Space: $58,881,921
draft picks as of now: 10 but probably 9 for Carrier trade
First pick 17

This offseason should be great for the Skins FO. For all the talk of dysfunction, we really do look like we a professionally managed team.
We have the most cap space in the division which will allow us to sign KC and still be competitive in FA.
We have a solid core offense
the most picks available to move up or down in the draft or gain solid talent for depth
We do have the highest dead cap, but that will change with whatever Dallas does with TR, right now they are 12M in the hole so while I am sure they will get out of it, a lot of pushing down the road will probably happen.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 640
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
These numbers are from Overthecap.com

Currently the salary cap number for the top 51 players for each of the 4 NFC East teams are:

Dallas
Total Cap Liabilities: $187,984,616 (Top 51: $182,869,616)
Offense: $120,558,868 Defense: $44,111,364 Special: $6,970,000
Team Salary Cap: $170,401,553
Team Cap Space: ($12,468,063)
draft picks as of now: 7
first pick 28

NYG (this includes Cruz and Jennings cuts)
Total Cap Liabilities: $139,898,314 (Top 51: $138,038,314)
Offense: $58,483,445 Defense: $64,969,122 Special: $2,265,000
Team Salary Cap: $169,800,000
Team Cap Space: $31,761,686
draft picks as of now: 8
first pick 23

Philadelphia
Total Cap Liabilities: $173,714,396 (Top 51: $166,091,520)
Offense: $87,920,597 Defense: $62,884,806 Special: $4,052,500
Team Salary Cap: $175,933,869
Team Cap Space: $9,842,349
draft picks as of now: 8
first pick 14/15

Washington
Total Cap Liabilities: $129,323,922 (Top 51: $124,173,210)
Offense: $53,817,074 Defense: $62,362,524 Special: $3,242,500
Team Salary Cap: $183,055,131
Team Cap Space: $58,881,921
draft picks as of now: 10 but probably 9 for Carrier trade
First pick 17

This offseason should be great for the Skins FO. For all the talk of dysfunction, we really do look like we a professionally managed team.
We have the most cap space in the division which will allow us to sign KC and still be competitive in FA.
We have a solid core offense
the most picks available to move up or down in the draft or gain solid talent for depth
We do have the highest dead cap, but that will change with whatever Dallas does with TR, right now they are 12M in the hole so while I am sure they will get out of it, a lot of pushing down the road will probably happen.
Good post, thanks.

Some of these numbers are surprising, to me.

We have the most productive offense while spending less than the other teams on than side of the ball.

...

And the worst defense while spending 20M more than Dallas and quite as much as the other two.

That's a good sign about this sport, still a team sport, where numbers don't explain everything.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Good post, thanks.

Some of these numbers are surprising, to me.

We have the most productive offense while spending less than the other teams on than side of the ball.

...

And the worst defense while spending 20M more than Dallas and quite as much as the other two.

That's a good sign about this sport, still a team sport, where numbers don't explain everything.
Bad conclusion. Last year we had high spending on offense, but the numbers shown here are showing what the 2017 cap spending looks like. There's currently no Kirk Cousins, DeSean Jackson, or Pierre Garcon in those numbers.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 640
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Bad conclusion. Last year we had high spending on offense, but the numbers shown here are showing what the 2017 cap spending looks like. There's currently no Kirk Cousins, DeSean Jackson, or Pierre Garcon in those numbers.
Oh, yeah, misunderstanding on my part, thanks.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,997
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Oh, yeah, misunderstanding on my part, thanks.
Those three alone were 40 mil. Then I remembered who was missing from those numbers
__________________
Just win.
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:30 AM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 640
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Those three alone were 40 mil. Then I remembered who was missing from those numbers
yeah I completely misread the first post ^^
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Back to the original post. Our cap space is good, but we also have an awful lot of players who need to be resigned. More than the other teams. So once we keep our own (Cousins, Baker, Jackson, Garcon if we decide to) we won't have nearly the same cap space.

This whole thing is very misleading in my opinion. We have $60 some odd million in cap space but much of that has to be used just to get us back to the roster we had last year.

So it's not an apples to apples comparison between the teams.

Of the group, I'd most want to be Dallas, then us and NYG in a tie.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #8
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,724
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Really Dallas? This year Romo is a large burden and their D played way over their expectations. I mean if Dak and Zeke pan out that gives them a good situation on offense for the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Really Dallas? This year Romo is a large burden and their D played way over their expectations. I mean if Dak and Zeke pan out that gives them a good situation on offense for the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Did you say "if"? I'd say it's looking pretty good! 1-2 in ROY voting.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #10
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Yes, Dallas is by far the favorite in our division and will likely remain so for the duration of Prescott and Elliott's rookie contracts. Let's be real.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

We can close the gap with some smart defensive improvements, maybe even nudge ahead of Dallas if things break our way. But we should definitely not anticipate Dallas will regress.

I mean what about that offensive line says they'll go backwards, and did you see any lack of consistency in Prescott or Elliott's game last year? I didn't. They protected the ball game in and game out, and produced consistently.

They got bounced by Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs, on an incredible performance by him. No shame in that. Dallas is a very good team and we're going to have to be on our game to chase them down.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 18,627
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Speaking of Dallas, remember they had arguably the best defensive player in the draft sitting on the sidelines healing all season. If he's healthy AND that condition isn't degenerative, yikes.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #13
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,354
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
We can close the gap with some smart defensive improvements, maybe even nudge ahead of Dallas if things break our way. But we should definitely not anticipate Dallas will regress.

I mean what about that offensive line says they'll go backwards, and did you see any lack of consistency in Prescott or Elliott's game last year? I didn't. They protected the ball game in and game out, and produced consistently.

They got bounced by Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs, on an incredible performance by him. No shame in that. Dallas is a very good team and we're going to have to be on our game to chase them down.
We wouldn't be talking bout Dak or Spoon man without that Oline. Oh and Dallas Oline are coming up for contract extensions...Martin (Guard) and their Center are first I believe. That why they gotta let that other Guard Leary walk.

That's why we need to focus on building on that Dline folks.
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #14
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: NFC East salary cap status

Him next to Sean Lee is definitely scary.

It's not that they're not beatable. They are. We were close both times last year and the game could have broke our way a little differently. But do we see them being worse than 10-6?

I can't see it. We have to get better, and most of our cap space has to go towards maintaining the 8-7-1 roster we had last year. That's not to say there aren't opportunities. McC has 9 picks, and we've got some cap money to spend on a few new starters. But there's no doubt we're in chase mode. What can you say, Dallas hit the lottery on Prescott. It was butt-ass luck but it is what it is. We're chasing now.

I hate praising them but let's be real.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07594 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25