View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #42
mlmdub130
Playmaker

No indictment in the mike brown case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You know what? Here's what I constantly tell my (white) son:

If you are being stopped by the police, do what they say. Don't argue, don't contradict them, don't think to yourself "He can't tell me that" - particularly if there is any reason to suspect that the cop thinks you or the situation something, then don't do it - even it means standing there and pissing your pants.

The officer has a badge, a gun, and the inherent right to be confrontational - you do not!!

So you tell your son he should sit there and piss his pants because the officer had the inherent right to be confrontational? Sorry but that doesn't fly. No one has the inherent right to be confrontational and that's the main problem in my eyes.

My belief is that at the end of the day these are kids, and it is up to the officer of the law to be responsible for keeping control of the situation. After all that is what their job is all about. It's to protect and serve, not harass and embarrass.

With this situation in Ferguson I think the officer failed his job when he got into the initial confrontation with Brown. He felt the need to establish dominance over the younger Brown. Brown being young and not really understanding the totality of his actions decided he wasn't going to be "punked" by some cop.

Both parties acted poorly in this instance, but I believe it's the officers responsibility to maintain his emotions and not let the situation get the better of him. He failed to do so and thus here we are, another youth shot dead from a simple misunderstanding and miscommunication.

I hope at the end of the day some good comes from this and the Brown's family wishes come true and all police officers are mandated to wear a camera on their person.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05707 seconds with 9 queries