View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:05 PM   #89
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Like are they saying Monte is injured because they don't want to admit publicly that he's not quite living up to their expectations? They set pretty high expectations - Jay came out and said in camp that Monte is to the defense what Jordan Reed is to the offense because of his range.

Like it's OK to say hey yeah Monte has range and we're excited for his future but we wanted more depth. It's obvious to everyone that this move is in response to shoring up the back end now that Tate and Cooper are in the division, and it's obvious to avid football people that Monte doesn't take the best angles at this point in his career.
Teams and coaches have done that in the past, but, that could really be psychologically damaging to a player so i'm not sure that it would be the best tact to take. Hopefully he's just on the mend and Dix is a good safety that Monte can also learn from and gel with... I would be surprised against some of the better offensive teams if we see 3 S on the field at the same time. Our cb depth is hurting right now and I wouldnt mind some new looks in the 2ndary as far as scheme and coverage go... only thing is i dont think that Manusky is that guy, lol.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04654 seconds with 10 queries