View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 03:45 AM   #14
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Wild Card Weekend

I know we have piled on Jones and Hurts in here, but this season they have both been what their teams needed from a QB. Especially Jones given his lack of weapons. Is there really a gulf between either of them and, say, Josh Allen? Of course 1 season does not a legend make, but in this "what have you done for me lately" league, you can't ask any more of them really.

How come the likes of RR (and especially Irsay) can't see that your route to the playoffs is best laid out with a QB you've drafted and groomed for the job. A tired retread isn't likely to work, let alone 2-3 of them in succession.

Mahomes, Allen, Lawrence, Jones, Burrow, Hurts and even Purdy, all drafted and built by their team and all in the divisional round. Brady is the exception to every rule, even if he wins tonight.

Reinforces, for me, that we have to see what SH can do and bring in young coaching talent to stretch him.

Oh and knock Cousins, and it is justified given the end to the game, but that loss is squarely on the Vikings coaches and GM. That defence is awful when you consider the offensive potential. Wasted opportunity, especially if Detroit keeps improving.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04715 seconds with 9 queries