View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 09:28 AM   #2545
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I like Richard Dawkins a lot. I think he is right on a lot of levels but we need to not discredit transgenderism. Parrot fish live in harems with one male and up to 14 females. If the male dies the alpha female turns in to the male, the lack of testosterone in the water elicits this change. Groupers shift sex based on age. Northern Cardinals, whiptail lizards. There are plenty of examples of transgenderism in vertebrates. Those genes are in us from an evolutionary standpoint even if they are dormant. There is not enough research applied to humans but my thoughts are that the hermaphroditism we see in wild species caused by endocrine disruptors from our medicines and plastics in the water way can easily translate to humans as well. It makes sense to me the rise of smaller sperm counts and testicles in human males since the 70s is tied to the rise of single use plastics.
I normally try to stay away from the transgenderism discussions as it's no where near the top of the list of what I find important when discussing politics. I am of the belief that there are only men and women. Typically this thought gets assigned as a Christian/conservative thought (and often in a negative light). Just found this article interesting because obviously Dawkins is neither of those things. People can share this thought across the spectrum, but people in some groups just might be hesitant to state that opinion out loud as much.

And, our balls are smaller? WTF? Didn't know that stat.

The bold part will be my final take on the issue for today.

Happy hump day everyone.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06222 seconds with 10 queries