View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:58 AM   #171
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Easy to blame the coaches in blowout losses but i never expected to see so many blown coverages by the DBs and the horrendous under-thrown/overthrown balls by Smith.

No amount of coaching could have made up for the player mistakes on the top 5 most important plays/mistakes.
I agree: when you're getting paid what they're getting paid, they shouldn't need to be fired up by their boss to know their coverage assignments or not throw a terrible INT at a terrible time...

BUT

When pretty much the whole team plays great one week and awful the next one, you gotta question the way they are prepared. And I'm not just talking game plan.
I'm talking about creating a team, firing this locker room up.
Football is a team sport, you need that magical spark if you're going to achieve great things.
The Eagle didn't have the best roster in the league last year, but they cared about and believed in each other. Just look at how they are starting this season: same players, minus the magical thing = not the same team.

From the article breaking down the secondary's miscues:

Quote:
The Redskins’ issues go beyond the secondary. At some point, when you’re stuck in the same spot for several years, it speaks to larger talking points. Swearinger touched on a theme after the game, saying how he’s “preaching, trying to change the culture.” And that “coaches and players have to have the same mindset that we’ve got a championship team.”

“We go to practice, there shouldn’t be any joking around,” he said. “Shouldn’t be any more joking around from nobody. We got blew out. Shouldn’t have any more playing or joking around. When it comes to work tomorrow, we need to be all business.”

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04072 seconds with 10 queries