View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
Schneed10
A Dude

Thank You Alex Smith

I think like a lot of you guys I feel a special attachment to this year's team, more than I have with any version of the Skins probably since the Sean Taylor / Joe Gibbs days. Certainly Alex Smith's toughness, perseverance and character have everything to do with that.

I have read nothing to indicate this will be the case, but I anticipate this playoff run will be the end of Alex Smith's career. I think he is likely to retire in the offseason, having proven to himself he could overcome the seemingly insurmountable obstacle, and gotten his leg back to the point where - as he puts it - he can live his life again. I think he knows that without his mobility he's not the same player, and I think he's going to talk with his wife in the offseason and they'll together decide that he achieved his goal, and he'll feel good about calling it a career. And he should feel very good about it.

Maybe this is jumping the gun but I really like having the opportunity to appreciate a player before their last game, rather than after. Whatever happens this offseason, I'll remember Alex Smith very fondly as a member of the WFT. Looking forward to seeing him in the uniform even if it's the last time.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 10 queries