View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Favorite Type Offenses

I liked our offense past couple years --

1. quick passing plays to receivers running slants/crosses/digs .. easy one read stuff for the QB and give him 2 routes to choose from.

2. pre snap motion with fast dual guys like Samuel. Force the D to show if theyre in man, help the QB figure out where he should be looking pre snap

3. pre snap motion mimicing jet sweep .. maybe 1 out of 5 or so plays, run teh jet sweep motion and sometimes fake and just hand off to RB and sometimes give it Samuel on the sweep or double fake and do PA or QB keep that shit. Like 4 plus options on that jet sweep motion.

4. fast twitchy backs and getting the ball to them in the flats in space. Easy 3 yards and if they make a guy miss, play goes for more than expected

5. Carry 1 power RB for plays everyone and their mama knows we are going heavy and running up middle.

----

All these high pct, taking what the D gives you, plays set up the PA.

^^ I feel like this is what Scott wants to call.

Heinike can do the short stuff (servicable) but could never put together a complete offense bc there was no downfield threat. We were always eating appetizers, nibbling nibbling nibbling.

Wentz was supposed to bring that big arm and if we could get just enough out of him in terms of making quick decisions, quick throws, good accuracy on the short stuff ... we can then capitalize on PA and long bombs.

---------------

I know you asked about our ideal offense and not what the Skins are trying to do ... but I like the approach and the thought (same thought process as gruden/mcvay/shanny imo)

Just havent put it together on the field ... bc we dont have a top 15 fucking QB.

We always have the bottom 10 QBs ... and its just too much to overcome.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04924 seconds with 10 queries