View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #62
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Skins Wins - predictions go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Case's giveaways numbers were terrible last year in Denver: 15 INTs and 8 Fumbles. However, his numbers in 2017 with the Vikes were 7 INTs and 1 fumble.

I keep bringing the 2017 Vikings because there is a slight chance the Redskins could somehow create a similar environment, where Case can game manage the team to a winning record:

- Wide Receivers: Diggs and Theilen broke out in 2017, the season prior to that, they were average young wideouts that no one knew about. This is a long shot, but maybe we have one or two of the young wideouts breakout in the same manner.

- Running Game: Guice, AP, and CT are a much much much better running game than Lativius Murray, McKinnon, and the 4 games that Dalvin Cook played in 2017.

- Offensive Line: Minnesota has had issues with their offensive line for several seasons, a lot of Vikings fans were complaining last season how they spent so much money on the QB position without spending money on the o-line (sounds familiar?).

- Defense: As you pointed out, the Vikes 2017 defense was elite; I don't think our defense is elite right now, but they do have top 10 or even top 5 potential.
The part about them being average is kinda pushing it a bit. Stefon Diggs career low in yards is 720 yards his rookie season, Paul Richardson who is our most accomplished WR right now, has a career high of 703 yards and is always hurt. Now I am on the side that Guice is going to be a monster, watched every game from him at LSU and was estatic when we drafted him. Thelien was more of an unkown but even before the breakout season he had 967 yards in 2016. Now do I think McLaurin, Harmon, Quinn, could breakout? Sure. Do I think our defense will be top 10 if everyone stays healthy? Yes. I actually think we can be top 3 in rush defense even in the NFC East. Do I think Keenum will be 2017 Keenum? Absolutely not, that was an outlier season and a complete 180 from everything he has been since entering the league. I think by game 5 Haskins will be in there and we will see the future unfold there.

Now it would be nice if we could strike it rich with one of our WRs though.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.25072 seconds with 10 queries