View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #89
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Reuben Foster carted off with apparent leg injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Apparently there IS a sweet spot: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-more-injuries

For sure, if you are hitting non-stop then you can definitely see more injuries and the same is true for hitting less. The magic number? No one knows for sure, and this is a lot of science-y shit in that link I don't understand, lol.
Where are you gleaning there is a sweet spot from the article?

The conclusion of the article says:

There is no evidence that the 2011 CBA led to increased injuries in the NFL. It does not appear that the practice restrictions pushed the NFL, on average, from a state of optimal training that minimizes injury risk to one of undertraining. Of course restricting practice time may have other negative effects such as degrading player skill or game quality, but that is beyond the scope of this article.

The folks who compiled the data even tried to categorize the injuries as conditioning related (Hamstrings) and non-conditioning related (knees/ankles) and found no discernible difference:

We conducted several sensitivity analyses, which involve tweaking some analytical decisions and seeing how that changed our results. We tried including preseason injuries, including minor injuries, re-classifying ankle and knee injuries to be "non-conditioning," and looking at only hamstring injuries. None of them changed our conclusions.

Maybe I'm just missing it.

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 05-23-2019 at 09:36 PM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05986 seconds with 10 queries