View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #112
calia
Playmaker

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Let's break down what AP actually said:

“If you didn’t hear something direct from me, please don’t attribute it to me,”

That's not a denial. AP did not dispute that the conversation happened. The fact that he didn't deny it would indicate that the conversation DID in fact happen and that AP DID say what Garafolo reported him as saying.

“I believe in Dwayne and his potential. With more time, support & commitment, he can grown like any other rookie player.”

According to Peterson, Haskins needs time, support, and COMMITTMENT to reach that potential. The very fact that he's saying this confirms that Haskins has not been showing the commitment he needs to show. And the fact that he says he can grow "just like any other rookie player" is such non-statement.

The whole thing is damning with faint praise. AP is a leader and a winner. The fact that he even had to have this conversation with Haskins is incredibly troubling.
The reference to commitment here could be a reference to the team committing to him as a starter, not Haskins' commitment. I think there's too much uncertainty here to make this into a real story. The only people who know what was said are AP and DH.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06078 seconds with 10 queries