View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
But back to the topic, yeah I really hope they do what it takes to get a good one. I feel like a real good solution would be to trade down from 13 and try to acquire more picks. Like if you slide down from 13 to 22 or something, you might be able to pick up a 3rd rounder in that deal. And then at 22 you'd be in a great spot to draft a talented runner like Guice.

If we stick at 13 I'd rather see an impact defensive lineman or linebacker. But trading back gives you more swings of the bat, and would put us in the spot where RB becomes a solid value play.
According to Ye Olde Draft Pick Value Chart, moving down from 13 to 22 would be worth a second round pick. As it happens, Buffalo has picks 21 and 22 and if they were to want to move ahead of AZ at 15 to get a QB, then they could trade with the Skins for 13. If that were to occur, then the Skins could probably give up 13 and receive 21 and 53 (second rounder). The value chart points would be exactly the same. If we really wanted to hold up BUF, we could demand an additional pick this year or next year. BTW, BUF would still have a second round pick this year at 55.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05083 seconds with 10 queries