View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #54
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Alex Smith released from hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would move on from Colt. He inability to stay healthy when called upon is a problem...cutting him would give us a little relief as well and Johnson would be cheaper. I think we go into the season with Colt...by far the least exiting option and tank job in full effect. Colt is the fucking reason why Gruden and Bruce have never gotten serious about drafting a young, developmental QB.

Rookie QB whether first round or 4th round. I wouldn't say we have to take a QB first round...this team isn't in a position to reach.

I honestly believe they will be vets cut who will be available in the affordable range who can come in and compete. Not Flacco or Foles, way too much for both. I think Dalton, Tannehill, etc could fall into that category.
I think they need one of each, even the best front office people and head coaches miss on QBs all the time. I even think a lower level veteran starter
will be too expensive if you add Smith's salary to a veteran plus Colt you would be talking north of $30 mil and for that kind of money you need an elite QB, not Ryan Tannehill. I think even a bottom 5 starter QB in this market will command over $10 mil.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06597 seconds with 10 queries