View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #43
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Your 2014-2015 Maryland Terps Basketball

I didnt think he was all that great at Duke. He was basically benched for the most part.

At 6'5" he does fill a need for the 2 spot as i think Nickens is not strong enough to handle the ball and take contact. Nickens D was also kinda iffy, he got bumped and tied up on high screens A LOT.

I do love Nickens as a spot up shooter. He can stretch the D in that way. Defenders cant collapse on a driving melo as much. But that skill set = sub package.

Wiley is also around 6'5" and he can play the 2 or 3 as well. His handles are also a little suspect. He just needs to grow, like Nickens, but they both have a big part to play in the coming years.

Sulaimon does provide a senior, which we need. But with his character questions, is he the right kind of leader? does he pout if he gets benched or doesnt get 10 plus shots off per? I know seth allen and nick faust had bad, immature me-first attitudes that brought the whole locker room down and divided it against trying hard and against turgeon.

Thinking about it, Sulaimon would the secondary ball handler on the starting 5 which we desperately need since Wells left. We did recruit and bring in another highly regarded PG who can now sub Melo and turgeon doesnt have to rely on a true freshman to handle the ball in tough spots.

I guess layman will get the ball at the elbow like we did for wells and let Layman drive, dish or shoot.

So (imo) we can run a set through melo, layman and now Sulaimon.

so, in conclusion, after thinking about it out loud, if his game is what I anticipate, he fills a huge need and takes a lot of stress off melo.

he has to play tight D though. we dont need a scorer at the 2, we need a ball handler, distributor and defender. that is not the sexiest role for a troubled senior with visions of making a claim for the NBA. will he accept it? will he turn into a bitter bitch like he apparently was at Duke?

idk.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 10 queries