View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #43
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Although I still like the trade, a lot, it appears Green Bay was not expecting more than a 4th for him if he left in free agency next year. Also, they had all sorts of concerns about his play and locker room attitude.

Quote:
Clinton-Dix was far from fine a year ago.

Clinton Dix finished second on the Packers with 13 missed tackles after missing just three in 2016. He was also a disappointing fifth among Green Bay’s six safeties in tackles per snap with one every 12.2.

Clinton-Dix was asked to wear the defensive helmet headset and communicate calls to his teammates when fellow safety Morgan Burnett missed a Week 7 game against New Orleans. That experiment was a disaster as the Packers had communication breakdowns throughout the game.

Perhaps most galling, though, was Clinton-Dix’s performance in the regular season finale at Detroit. At best, Clinton-Dix’s effort was half-hearted in a game that had no playoff implications. At worst, Clinton-Dix could be accused of quitting on his team and simply trying to avoid injury.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreis.../#72b0731c6c17

Quote:
Even through all of that, Clinton-Dix had an opportunity to anchor the position. Unfortunately, he’s been the biggest mess of them all.

Clinton-Dix, who recently said he doesn’t think he’ll be back in Green Bay next season, has been in a downward spiral over the past two seasons. He consistently plays out of control, doesn’t want to tackle anybody and is often out of position in pass coverage which leads to wide open players in the end zone.

On Monday, Clinton Dix had this to say about his time in Green Bay: “Right now, I’m playing each and every gam like it’s my last. I don’t think I’m going to be here next year. That’s how I look at it. I just (have to) be honest with myself. You’ve got to play it game-by-game. Whether we’re losing by 60 points, you’ve got to go out there and perform. This is my biggest interview of my career.”

That type of individual mindset is absolutely horrible for the locker room and something the Packers tried to get rid of when they traded Damarius Randall in the offseason. With free agency obviously on the forefront of Clinton-Dix’ mind, the Packers should make the move first and trade him.
https://dairylandexpress.com/2018/10...-dix-deadline/

On the other hand, Dix's words don't reflect the dissatisfaction that GBay seemed to have with him:

Quote:
“I like [defensive coordinator] Mike Pettine a lot. He’s given me a chance to fly around and make plays,” Clinton-Dix said. “When guys are doing what they’re asked to do, we don’t look too bad out there. There are little mistakes we make, but other that, we’re all having fun out there and once we all get in a rhythm and start catching interceptions, it’s only going to bring us together. I’m actually having fun — regardless of what the record says — because of the defense and the way it is right now. We’re going to get better. Once we get rolling, we’re going to be hard to stop, if you ask me.”
https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...ha-clinton-dix

I think, when he gets into the locker room with DJS and the 'Bama boys, he will fit in just fine. I still think, if they use him right, he and DJS could be real ballhawks. However, given the communication concerns already existing in the secondary, it is important that he plays well with others.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07359 seconds with 10 queries