Moves Likely to be Made:
Sign Brandon Scherff to a contract extension $5.0M estimated
Release Zach Brown $5.75M
Release Stacy McGee $2.3M
Two Players Move into Top 51 ($1.2M)
Net Cap Impact of Signing Rookie Class ($4.0M) estimated
Available Cap Space for Free Agency - including Likely Moves: $25.6M

Other Potential Moves
I'm not sure these are likely. But for your reference here's the potential impact.
Release Mason Foster $4.0M
Trade or Release Jordan Reed $6.07M
Release Vernon Davis $4.97M
Release Josh Norman $8.5M
Tender to Maurice Harris - RFA ($1.9M)
Brown and McGee will be gone. Brown - we already have a couple players who can take Brown's spot. McGee is a rotational player and we can easily replace him with a late round pick, largely thanks to Tomsula.

I don't see Redskins cutting Norman, Foster, and Reed. I agree with few, the Norman signing wasn't bad although, we definitely overpaid for him but then that was the market price for a good CB. Norman have had positive impact on our defense - remember what the defense was like when Norman had to miss few games due to rib injury? Redskins definitely should restructure his contract though. Foster - we do not have enough ILBs who can replace both Brown and Foster, so I don't see Redskins releasing Foster unless they draft a ILB who can start immediately. Reed - I have mixed feelings about Reed as I really love him and what he brings to the offense but like we all know, he is not a player who we can expect to play full season.. Gruden loves Reed and since this season is likely last chance for Gruden to prove his worth, I can see Gruden wanting to keep Reed to help his offense.

Davis - I have always loved him since he came out from U of MD. Davis had a bad year last year with several key drops. My best guess is Redskins plan to keep Davis for now and if they happen to draft a TE who can replace Davis then they will cut him. If not then we will keep him.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.12805 seconds with 10 queries